• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolution Discussion & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I am pretty surprised there was no mega forms announced yet which its already july into august soon >.> I wonder if they just never made any ideas up which I do wish they bring mega milotic though because that is one of my favorite water pokemon.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I read through a few pages to catch up here so:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so. Unlikely as them giving base Snorlax Comatose is, I'd much rather a Mega that follows this idea.

what ability would you replace for him? Gluttony, thick fat, or immunity?
I guess immunity since Comatose would help it out in the same way except just be better with covering the other status'.

The whole Sceptile=Dilophsaur is fan canon created by people who want their grass starters=prehistoric critters theory.

But yeah, Sceptile is just a big Gecko.

omg yes this comment is heaven to me lol

I feel like some of the most likely Megas will be (in order):

-Mega Slowking (Seeing as we got Mega Gallade after Mega Gardevoir, and we know Slowpoke is present in Alola)
-Mega Froslass (Same as above, but we don't know if it's in Alola)
-Mega Butterfree (We got Mega Sableye after Mega Mawile, so we could get Mega Butterfree after Mega Beedrill and we know Caterpie is present in Alola)
-Mega Milotic (Same as above, but it's been two games since Mega Gyarados)
-Mega Sinnoh Starter (To hype up Sinnoh Remakes like Mega Blaziken hyped ORAS, only if Sinnoh Remakes actually happen)

I am hoping for every single one of these megas. It only makes sense and all 7 would be very welcomed :D also johto starters SVP!
but please MEGASLOWKING PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Also I'm hoping for Mega Honchkrow just because my favorite pokemon is Murkrow and murkrow being the darkness pokemon could relate with moon... stretch i know, and honchkrow is a big boss pokemn anyways to make chances worse based on my connection,..

I am pretty surprised there was no mega forms announced yet which its already july into august soon >.> I wonder if they just never made any ideas up which I do wish they bring mega milotic though because that is one of my favorite water pokemon.

I think they;re just being clever and holding off for a while. i think they have a big plan!

Robotnikthedrap

Let not your hearts be troubled, Mega Fans! As many sagacious individuals have remarked hitherto, mega evolution saw itself center stage in generation 6, and is likely to play a slightly diminished role in comparison over the course of Sun and Moon, especially in regards to storytelling. As it was designed primarily to add both variety and substance to a growing competitive scene, it may well represent an excellent addition to a possible postgame scenario.

Despite being an individual who is decidedly unfond of Mega evolutions, I would muchly prefer it to continue on in the series, for the sake of fans who actually enjoy it to it's fullest. It's also a reliable new source of merchandising for the Pokémon Company; one for which I see little likelihood of them parting courses with. :)

Edit, son of edit: Hypothetical thinking aside, of course. There are a great deal of mega stones to procure for the already existing roster, and if I'm not mistaken, items are untransferable through the Pokebank? Perhaps Alola may come equipped with an import souvenir shop? Or perhaps a revisit to Kalos isn't yet out of the question to some degree...

Last edited:

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Either Sun and Moon won't have any new mega evolutions or they are saving for the last few months/after the games are revealed.

Nahiri

Selesnya Guild
I wouldn't mind personally if they just didn't reveal any at all and let the new Mega stones be post-game (or late-game at least).

Let us find the old stones, trick us into despair. Then boom, ya get a Flygonite, or Feralginite, or Haxorite.
It'd be pretty funny.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I wouldn't mind personally if they just didn't reveal any at all and let the new Mega stones be post-game (or late-game at least).

Let us find the old stones, trick us into despair. Then boom, ya get a Flygonite, or Feralginite, or Haxorite.
It'd be pretty funny.
That's subjective, I honestly wouldn't find it funny at all.

Robotnikthedrap

That's subjective, I honestly wouldn't find it funny at all.

As is all comedy, of course.

Perhaps still, with focus renewed to other areas of game design, the relative dearth in heed to Mega's during this reveal cycle is likely to direct attention to them in post game, as Nahiri and countless others have suggested.

Julia Artemis

I really want to see 2nd and 4th gen starters to get Mega Evos those guys really need them. I could wait for next gen to get 5th and 6th gen mega evos.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Either Sun and Moon won't have any new mega evolutions or they are saving for the last few months/after the games are revealed.

I highly doubt there won't be any.

If anything we'll be getting maybe 15, considering ORAS didn't have as many as XY, we might get a lot less or slightly less than ORAS in sun and moon.

Andyomon00

Seer of Doom
I have a feeling that mega evolution is going to take a backseat in this generation since it's no longer the central mechanic of the games. I think we'll get 10-15 megas that will be kept mostly secret till the games launch, so that there is a surprise.

Julia Artemis

I have a feeling that mega evolution is going to take a backseat in this generation since it's no longer the central mechanic of the games. I think we'll get 10-15 megas that will be kept mostly secret till the games launch, so that there is a surprise.

As long as Meganium and Empoleon gets a mega evo I'd be happy

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

As far as we know, Meganium has no real reason to get a Mega this generation, and you'll probably have to wait for Sinnoh remakes to get one for Empoleon. So I wouldn't get your hopes up for those two in Sun and Moon.

Andyomon00

Seer of Doom

Personally, I don't really want any more mega starters. I feel like it would too obvious and would be over done.

clbgolden12

As far as we know, Meganium has no real reason to get a Mega this generation, and you'll probably have to wait for Sinnoh remakes to get one for Empoleon. So I wouldn't get your hopes up for those two in Sun and Moon.
Well, for Meganium we could be getting a similar case with the Kanto starters in XY, so it's pretty plausible.

Personally, I don't really want any more mega starters. I feel like it would too obvious and would be over done.
It'd be pretty unfair if the other starters didn't get Megas, tho.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Well, for Meganium we could be getting a similar case with the Kanto starters in XY, so it's pretty plausible.

Sure it's plausible, but I wouldn't say it's likely either. The Kanto Starters likely got their Megas because they're the poster children of the franchise, and thus an obvious choice to give Megas to. The Johto Starters, while popular, aren't even close to being in the same league.

DFang

27yr old Pokefan
omg yes this comment is heaven to me lol

You're not wrong. Sceptile is just a big satanic leaftail (mine pictured). You can even see the ridges above the eyes.

DSCN0632.jpg

RenanSegretti

Renan Segretti
but please MEGASLOWKING PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Slowking its already too strong to have a mega.
But it would be awesome if his Mega would be a fully awake Slaking ang gets no BST increase, only a different and usefull ability...

But thinking about it now I bet someone should already thought in that...

clbgolden12

Sure it's plausible, but I wouldn't say it's likely either. The Kanto Starters likely got their Megas because they're the poster children of the franchise, and thus an obvious choice to give Megas to. The Johto Starters, while popular, aren't even close to being in the same league.
But another part of the reason we got Kanto starters in XY was because the games were kind of like RBGY in spirit, and because of this it's speculated that Sun and Moon will be like GSC in spirit. Not to mention, I doubt we'll be getting Johto remakes anytime soon, so...

Also, hasn't Johto gotten a lot of merchandise recently or something?

RenanSegretti

Renan Segretti
But another part of the reason we got Kanto starters in XY was because the games were kind of like RBGY in spirit, and because of this it's speculated that Sun and Moon will be like GSC in spirit. Not to mention, I doubt we'll be getting Johto remakes anytime soon, so...

I remember saying in one of this threads some time ago, that Jotho starters will be given via an event, and apparently there is nothing special about them according with serebii.
To me was enough to think that maybe it has something to do with them getting mega evolutions in Sun/Moon... Like you saying, getting merchandise.

But can you tell me about this merchandising? I don't remember anything

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

And that is a possibility, but if you take a step back and look at the theory, the only real evidence for it is that this is the generation after the spiritual successor to Kanto. Everything else is either pure speculation or extremely circumstantial. For example, the merchandising might seem like an enticing hint at first, but it really can't be taken as much of a sign of anything, as merchandising can be completely random. The recent example that everyone's talking about being the Substitute Doll merchandise. Besides, if the merchandise really is linked to Johto references in Sun and Moon, then it would probably make more sense to actually wait until Sun and Moon came out, so that the merchandise could better be tied in.

Now I'm not saying it's impossible that we'll have a similar situation to Kalos and Kanto, but there's no real reason to expect it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.