• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolution Discussion & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitzGirl41

The trailer explicitly says it is a wild Kangaskhan (やせいのガルーラ): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTt65qAkR84

On the other hand, there were trailers with wild Politoed, Garchomp, Magnezone and Sylveon, so maybe it's not THAT reliable.

Also, wild Pokemon cannot spontaneously Mega Evolve, tying back to the original discussion at hand. Though it doesn't disprove that Mega Evolution does not exist, there's just no way we'd see a wild Pokemon or a standard Trainer using that mechanic (at least, purely based on previous games. Only the Elite Four used Mega Evolution).

Lizzard

Master Wannabe
I was thinking: what if the acess to mega stones is given to the player after showing Dexio and Sina that you gathered all Zygarde Cells?

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
I was thinking: what if the acess to mega stones is given to the player after showing Dexio and Sina that you gathered all Zygarde Cells?

I wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly how we end up getting our Mega Ring and access to Mega Stones in the game. After all, in that picture, both Sina and Dexio look to be wearing Mega Rings, themselves.

sheld999

I wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly how we end up getting our Mega Ring and access to Mega Stones in the game. After all, in that picture, both Sina and Dexio look to be wearing Mega Rings, themselves.

possibly true and they might as well have 2 new megas

Luthor

One thing that would be an interesting surprise would be for only the champion/final boss to have a mega. All of a sudden after no megas you suddenly have to fight at a disadvantage as he/she has a mega and you don't until the post game. I doubt they will do this but if they did it could even be a currently existing mega.

I think Megas will be in Sun and Moon but will only be available post-game. I would love to get a few megas for some Unova or Kalos Pokémon, but I don't think there will be any new Megas introduced.

However, if we get DP remakes (which we probably will tbh) I think Megas will be much more emphasized in those games. There won't be any Alolan forms to introduce (unless they decide to do Sinnoh forms which is highly unlikely), therefore they can spend more time on Mega forms. I can see a lot of Gen 4 Pokemon getting Megas if that happens (the starters, Staraptor, Luxray to name a few).

javimgol

I totally buy that Dexio and Sina give us the Mega rings after giving them the Z- cells, show us 2 new Kalos Megas (Goodra, Hawlucha, Pangoro?) and promise us after telling us that Mega investigation is stalled a bit they are still searching for new Megas for the future. If some gen 5 stellar character appears he could show us an Unova Mega, but I can't see more than 4 or 5 new Megas this gen. Maybe a pair Mega to old Gen1 Pokemon with no love (Golem, Machamp).

Then in Gen4 remakes (early 2018, last 3DS Pokemon game before NX) we get 4 starters Mega Evos and more Sinnoh Mega evos. Gen 2 Mega Evos for the 20th anniversary.

sheld999

I totally buy that Dexio and Sina give us the Mega rings after giving them the Z- cells, show us 2 new Kalos Megas (Goodra, Hawlucha, Pangoro?) and promise us after telling us that Mega investigation is stalled a bit they are still searching for new Megas for the future. If some gen 5 stellar character appears he could show us an Unova Mega, but I can't see more than 4 or 5 new Megas this gen. Maybe a pair Mega to old Gen1 Pokemon with no love (Golem, Machamp).

Then in Gen4 remakes (early 2018, last 3DS Pokemon game before NX) we get 4 starters Mega Evos and more Sinnoh Mega evos. Gen 2 Mega Evos for the 20th anniversary.

to be honest sinnoh remakes will prob be on next console as sinnoh can still be played on the current system. and remakes are tend to be on the newer version ( gen 1 - gba gen 2 - ds gen 3 3ds gen 4 NX )

R_N

to be honest sinnoh remakes will prob be on next console as sinnoh can still be played on the current system. and remakes are tend to be on the newer version ( gen 1 - gba gen 2 - ds gen 3 3ds gen 4 NX )

people keep trying to find patterns to the remakes (follows the third version, only on siginficant years, only to fill out the pokedex, etc) but I don't think there's anything special to it. Especially since most DS games aren't sold in stores these days.

that said yeah i'd suspect they would be saved for NX, maybe gen 8?, if only because SM are likely the 3ds' swan song

sheld999

people keep trying to find patterns to the remakes (follows the third version, only on siginficant years, only to fill out the pokedex, etc) but I don't think there's anything special to it. Especially since most DS games aren't sold in stores these days.

that said yeah i'd suspect they would be saved for NX, maybe gen 8?, if only because SM are likely the 3ds' swan song

if you come to think of it the only games not playable on the 3ds were fire red and leaf green but they wont get a remake since GF brought the original games to the eshop and made them transferable to sun and moon ( which is another region there wont be another red and blue remake, why remake a game that people already transfered pokemon from the originals ) the history so far GB - RBGY, GBC-GSC, GBA-Ruby,saph,em,lg,fr, NDS- DPP,HG SS, BW/2, 3DS- XY/ORAS, S/M. so far 3ds will have 6 games on its system when nds had 11 but also GF surprises us like breaking the third game cycle like we were expecting z but never happened

but the NX will prob be Gen 8 roughly at least

Aleh

«Last Hope»
If they make DPP remakes on the 3DS I'll be severely disappointed. That thing is just ancient, I want them to be on the NX since it's likely gonna be a big leap in graphics performance.
I just wonder if they'll do a third version or sequels to SM before jumping on the new console like they did with BW on the DS or something else.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
If they make DPP remakes on the 3DS I'll be severely disappointed. That thing is just ancient, I want them to be on the NX since it's likely gonna be a big leap in graphics performance.
I just wonder if they'll do a third version or sequels to SM before jumping on the new console like they did with BW on the DS or something else.

It could always be a new 3DS exclusive...nah, Nintendo's done next to nothing with that system.

Also, how is the 3DS "ancient"? It's 5 years old.

Aleh

«Last Hope»
It could always be a new 3DS exclusive...nah, Nintendo's done next to nothing with that system.

Also, how is the 3DS "ancient"? It's 5 years old.

Well to be fair it was pretty underpowered at release too, mainly due to having the 3D screen and second screen to power as well, but still.

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
if you come to think of it the only games not playable on the 3ds were fire red and leaf green but they wont get a remake since GF brought the original games to the eshop and made them transferable to sun and moon ( which is another region there wont be another red and blue remake, why remake a game that people already transfered pokemon from the originals ) the history so far GB - RBGY, GBC-GSC, GBA-Ruby,saph,em,lg,fr, NDS- DPP,HG SS, BW/2, 3DS- XY/ORAS, S/M. so far 3ds will have 6 games on its system when nds had 11 but also GF surprises us like breaking the third game cycle like we were expecting z but never happened

but the NX will prob be Gen 8 roughly at least

It's not true that there'd be no reason for a remake--there's always better graphics, etc. to consider. I figure there's just as much reason to remake the gen 1s as there was to remake the gen 3s. Plus by the logic of "they won't do a remake because you can transfer mons from the older ones", why do remakes of gen 4 rather than just make the eshop versions have the same transferability of mons that the other older games will?

Now, what they'll actually do and when, I have no clue, and I'm not really too worried about it at the moment as I'm more focused on sun/moon and I didn't really like gen 4 anyway.

utlhmsus

I think Megas will be in Sun and Moon but will only be available post-game. I would love to get a few megas for some Unova or Kalos Pokémon, but I don't think there will be any new Megas introduced.

However, if we get DP remakes (which we probably will tbh) I think Megas will be much more emphasized in those games. There won't be any Alolan forms to introduce (unless they decide to do Sinnoh forms which is highly unlikely), therefore they can spend more time on Mega forms. I can see a lot of Gen 4 Pokemon getting Megas if that happens (the starters, Staraptor, Luxray to name a few).

I think Sinnoh forms are definitely possible for Pokemon introduced in Gen 5 and beyond, since those Pokemon have never appeared in Sinnoh before. I don't see it happening for Gens 1-4 Pokemon though. That would honestly be nice as Gens 1 and 3 got so much attention obviously in XYORAS and S/M.

Status
Not open for further replies.