• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolution Discussion & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowF

Is it true no Megas will be allowed in VGC for the entire year of 2017? Or just a season? Same thing for Championship Battles in the battle spot. Is Megas allowed in Championship Battles?

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
As I anticipated, Mega Stones can be purchased with Battle Points.

XdpAW5.png

Seems like a good way to keep it going.

I say it stays this way, and every so often, they throw in a few more mega evolutions.

Cyclone

^ where it all began
Are they seriously not giving us any new Mega Evolutions? I'm in denial. Even the wording "Relive Mega Evolution" makes it sound like it's not going to be carried forward. Argh..... Really????

Sakuraba

The sodium is high with the stupid frog..... At least GF knew better than to make an entire new mechanic just for it. And hopefully it's only avaiable in the demo.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Are they seriously not giving us any new Mega Evolutions? I'm in denial. Even the wording "Relive Mega Evolution" makes it sound like it's not going to be carried forward. Argh..... Really????

I mean, we really don't need new megas right now.

We have Alolan forms and Z-moves. Let's get those two in the bag right now.

Aetius

So glad that I racked up a large quantity of BP through the Pokèbank!
This way, I'll be able to collect all the Mega Stones available without breaking a sweat!
As for the Mega Evolutions, I'm glad that they have been confirmed to return, even though I had no doubt they would! :D
However, I'm a bit bummed by the fact that they won't probably introduce any more of them in this generation...
Maybe it's better this way though.
After all, there are other fantastic features in this gen! :D

Tepigfan

On the topic of gen 7 being the last game with mega evolutions...

While the wording is strange, I don't believe they meant to say that Sun/Moon would be the last pokemon games with mega evolution, I believe it to be quite the contrary. All I believe they meant is that while it will be carryed on long past gen 6 and 7, they will not make new mega evolution's, or will only have maybe 1 or 2 megas every 2 or 3 gens.

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist

ugh I'm with ya here! I would have loved a few more mega evolutions... but relive? As if it was SO long ago that they were introduced...
I mean, we really don't need new megas right now.

We have Alolan forms and Z-moves. Let's get those two in the bag right now.

bad! we need more forms of every kind!

Great. The era of M-Kangaskhan will never end. I completely shut myself off from online battles with those stones around. Luckily, I hope I can set tourneys without those stones.

If this is true, can I meet him?

So I can deck him?

I would be surprised if you can't disallow them in custom matches. Considering Mega Stones aren't allowed in VGC17.

AmethystLeslie

Ajduk

From what I've gathered megas are back but the wording makes it sound like there will only be old mega evolutions. I hope that this is wrong but mega evolution returning now implies that we will most likely have this mechanic forever which means that there is still hope for mega Flygon.

BlackRaven

Go Charizard!!!!
Personally I would enjoy a mega Luxray. Probably a dark and electric type

Julia Artemis

So it seems like Megas are back (unenthusiastic sarcastic yay) but I guess the most interesting question will be whether there will be new megas in Sun and Moon. For me apart from Medicham, Bannette, Swampert, Charizard X, Lucario I don't really use this feature too much and found most of the designs to be very meh. Maybe if they can make cooler designs I can be more convinced to be won over by Megas, no more cheap stuff like Mega Kanghaskhan or Mega Rayquaza. As many people have said I would love to see Mega Flygon. But others that I feel need a Mega that aren't mentioned is Dunsparce, Purugly, Watchog, Solflora, Bibarel, Swoobat, Aromatisse, Amoonguss, Diggersby, and Vaniluxe

Last edited:

BlackRaven

Go Charizard!!!!
Looks like their returning. The question is will we see new ones?

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
Good to finally have confirmation. Seems the chances of new Megas is slim. But at least some of my favourites can return.

Last edited:

BlackRaven

Go Charizard!!!!
Admittedly they are making new Z-moves and Aloan forms. But I still feel like we deserve some new megas as well.

I'm probably just been greedy

Status
Not open for further replies.