• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolution Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PirateKing

Unless I missed it, ninetales wasn't on the list

The list might not cover all of them. With the list, every single "important" character like Gym Leaders and Elite 4, would have a Mega associated with them, except for Erika and Blaine. Ninetails would work for Blaine, especially since that was on his team in Yellow, and I predict we'll at least get Vileplume or Victrebell too.

Sabre_King

Right now I still think there’s a chance that mega evolutions will return to the games. Obviously with the closer the games come out the less likely it’s possible to happen but I think it’s good they haven’t been revealed yet if they do return. I think with this being a retelling of Pokémon yellow there is already so many things we know would be present in the game I think keeping some secrets will give players surprises to actually look forward too; however, that doesn’t mean I don’t think they won’t reveal mega evolutions at all I just think if they do return it will be a last minute reveal to spark the hype back up especially if they only show case a couple new megas, I think if they do return and be revealed at the last minute it would the be more fun to explore and hunt down the proper mega stones and Pokémon that weren’t revealed prior, plus I would give the Pokémon company a lot of credit for not leaking that info aside the copyright names

It would help the Let's Go sales a lot if new Megas are introduced.

Sabre_King

It would help the Let's Go sales a lot if new Megas are introduced.

I agree the sales would go up if new mega evolutions are revealed or brought into the games. I think if new megas are in the games but are not known until the games release that’s alright because it would a great surprise to the games.

Sabre_King

I agree, but it's unlikely they will not reveal any.

If mega evolutions come back I think maybe 2-3 will be shown and then let us discover the rest honestly that would be so much of a surprise

Sabre_King

That's what I was thinking. If the trademarks are correct they may reveal Mega Raichu and the Eeveelution's Mega's.

I was thinking that as safe bets obviously the starters don’t evolve but it would give incentive to capture wild Eevees and Pikachus. Although I have three shiny Eevees saved on Go just for the hope those trademarks turn into mega evolutions lol.

I was thinking that as safe bets obviously the starters don’t evolve but it would give incentive to capture wild Eevees and Pikachus. Although I have three shiny Eevees saved on Go just for the hope those trademarks turn into mega evolutions lol.
The one thing that worries me about the validity of the trademarks is that all the Gym Leaders and Elite Four Members have matching Megas except Erika and Blaine. I personally want Mega Raichu the most out of the trademarked Pokemon. Especially after learning that we could have had Gorochu.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Sadly I don't think new Megas would be that exciting now that Abilities are confirmed to not be in Let's Go, aside from increased stats and perhaps a new typing they don't seem be that interesting if people can't discuss about what potential Abilities they can have.

Sabre_King

The one thing that worries me about the validity of the trademarks is that all the Gym Leaders and Elite Four Members have matching Megas except Erika and Blaine. I personally want Mega Raichu the most out of the trademarked Pokemon. Especially after learning that we could have had Gorochu.

I thought the same thing but maybe one could be hidden for Erika either victreebel or vileplume, and Blaine could use flareon. I’m curious to see the hitmons just for design purposes.

Sadly I don't think new Megas would be that exciting now that Abilities are confirmed to not be in Let's Go, aside from increased stats and perhaps a new typing they don't seem be that interesting if people can't discuss about what potential Abilities they can have.

I mean you can still discuss abilities because more than likely the megas would be carry over to the gen 8 games if we get new megas, so that’s a whole year to speculate the abilities.

I thought the same thing but maybe one could be hidden for Erika either victreebel or vileplume, and Blaine could use flareon. I’m curious to see the hitmons just for design purposes.

We'll just have to wait and see. Also Jynx is an odd choice for a Mega considering the controversy.

Sabre_King

We'll just have to wait and see. Also Jynx is an odd choice for a Mega considering the controversy.

Honestly I always felt Jynx should have gotten a proper evolution first and then later down the line consider a mega. I felt that it was always grouped with electabuzz and magmar seeing how they all received pre evolutions, while only electabuzz and magmar evolved later in gen 4.

Honestly I always felt Jynx should have gotten a proper evolution first and then later down the line consider a mega. I felt that it was always grouped with electabuzz and magmar seeing how they all received pre evolutions, while only electabuzz and magmar evolved later in gen 4.
Now it's lumped with Mr. Mime.

I might be the only one saying this, but...
I don't think we'll be seeing any new Mega Evolutions any time soon.

It wouldn't shock me if there aren't any new ones, but it definitely is possible that we might get more.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I might be the only one saying this, but...
I don't think we'll be seeing any new Mega Evolutions any time soon.

I said the same thing actually.

If we were getting new Megas, we would have gotten at least a few in S/M. Alolan forms replaced Mega evolution this generation

Doubt we will get New Megas in Gen 8 either, honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.