1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Mega Evolution Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Let's Go, Pikachu & Eevee' started by RileyXY1, Mar 26, 2018.

1. PrinceOfFacade

PrinceOfFacade Ghost-Type Master

Given the reveal of the return of mega evolutions, you might be onto something.

I would love a Mega Jynx, to be honest. She's one of my favorite pokemon, and I would love to see a mega that takes on the true (and frightening) form of Yama-uba.

MurasakiAlex likes this.
  2. Lucky3

Lucky3 Well-Known Member

If we go by the trademarks, it would seem like they may do something similar to ORAS and give a Mega to every important character. We have the Elite Four mons (Jynx, Machamp and Dragonite), Persian for Giovanni, Weezing and Arbok for Jesse and James. Golem, Starmie and Raichu could be for rematches againts Gym Leaders. The eeveelutions, Hitmonchan and Hitmontop seem weirder. Maybe the trademarks are just because they're relevant Pokemon in the game and that's it, but no harm in dreaming.

And since there's no harm in dreaming, which Mega would you give Gym Leaders? Sabrina can have Mega-Alakazam(or even Mr. Mime if they want to do something new), and I'd say Weezing for Koga, but that's going to be James' signature Pokemon, so maybe Muk or Venomoth(this is based on Yellow after all). For Erika it's either Victreebel or Vileplume, and Blaine should probably go with Arcanine, but it could be Rapidash or Ninetales. I don't know what kind of team Trace will have, but he should get one too.

MurasakiAlex likes this.
  3. Pikasaur

Pikasaur The Original

I would assume the same thing. Mega's returning is just the old ones, same as Alola.

I would like Mega Butterfree, if we ever did get new ones though. Seems natural with Beedrill having one.

4. PocketMonsterRealm

PocketMonsterRealm Since Crystal

maybe i am just skeptical, but i doubt they will put new megas on the let's go games. I think they will stick to the ones we already have that are kanto pokemon. not that I wouldn't like new megas.

5. UltimateNinja

UltimateNinja Master of Ninjutsu

So I heard Mega-Evolution are back, but then I noticed that you won't be able to give your Pokemon items to carry so either they're going to change things up or websites told fake news about no holding items.

I am confused...

6. PrinceOfFacade

PrinceOfFacade Ghost-Type Master

That's a rather interesting concept, especially since all megas would have to be Gen 1.

Brock - Mega Alolan Golem
    Misty - Mega Golduck
    Lt. Surge - Mega Alolan Raichu
    Erika - Mega Vileplume
    Koga - Mega Alolan Muk
    Sabrina - Mega Alakazam
    Blaine - Mega Rapidash (better be a pegasus)
    Giovanni - Mega Alolan Persian

MurasakiAlex likes this.
  7. Pokemon Power

Pokemon Power Well-Known Member

What I'm wondering about is how they would portray Mega Evolutions for Pokemon that have both regular and Alolan forms (Raichu, Persian and Golem). Would it be the same no matter which form they're in, or would both forms each have a Mega-Evolved form with their own unique abilities?

8. Arsène

Arsène Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why I'm still seeing posts declaring held items aren't in based on a status screen that doesn't even show natures (but are clearly still in as the color coding for it is still there).

9. Ignition

Ignition Torracat is Ash's only good Alolan Pokémon

Simply say that the adaption in Alola caused the power of Mega Evolution to cease to exist. Alola Raichu has its own Z Crystal that regular Raichu can't use so I think it'd be fair to give just regular Raichu the Mega. We've seen with Mega Stones and Z Crystals that they can add more to the name of the item (look at Charizardite/Mewteonite X/Y and Alolraichium Z) so they hypothetically could add 2 separate Mega Stones

10. greninjamaster

greninjamaster Well-Known Member

Mega Evolution over Z Moves any day. I'm very glad they're back.

11. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

I'm not hoping on new Megas at all this time, quite frankly I'm just glad to see them in the main game and not post game....

I feel if we got new Megas, they'd be only a small handful since they're restricted to just Kanto Pokemon and Flygon did get cut since they couldn't make a good design so they're obviously not going to pump out a gazillion Kanto Megas at once just cause they can. Not to mention some Kanto Pokemon like Electabuzz literally can't get Megas since you can't get Electivre in this game. And Raichu, sad as it is.... it ain't happening! And give one Eeveelution a Mega, then you've got to give them all one!

If we did get new Megas though, I want Mega Butterfree. I felt it was so stupid Butterfree didn't get a Mega yet Beedrill did. I don't see the point of that, the two are usually version exclusives..... so why should one get a Mega while one doesn't? Seems odd to me.

I'm really just hoping they make a comeback in gen 8 and continue to be in the main game again, with you being able to find the stones out and about giving you a reward for exploring the world like in XY and ORAS. Not locked behind a BP paywall or being able to Mega Evolve without stones

12. Erron Black

Erron Black The Pretender

Yeah, Mega Raichu is just about as out there as giving it a brand new form and making it Psychic type for no reason!

Silly people!

13. PirateKing

PirateKing Well-Known Member

Assuming the leaked list is true, and it’s the only ones we’re getting, every gym leader and Elite 4 should get One Mega Evolution for their teams, only Erika and Blaine would be left out, which leads me to assume that 2 of them would gain Fire and Grass types.
    Looking at the list, most of them seem tailored to certain characters (Starmie for Misty, Raichu for Surge, Jynx for Loreli, Arbok/Weezing for Team rocket, Persian for Giovanni, etc.)

So by process of elimination, I think the most likely choices are....Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee! (Bruno is probably gonna main Machamp)
    So could we be seeing a Fire/Fighting Hitmonchan like Flaming Arms as boxing gloves or a Grass/Fighting Hitmonlee who’s made of Wood or viceversa? It could be possible, but I think the more likely option is a Mega Vileplume and Arcanine.

On that same logic, I think Persian could get a ground type to fit Giovanni better, maybe it’s regular beige fur will be made of Sand instead.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018 at 11:53 PM
    MurasakiAlex likes this.
  14. MurasakiAlex

MurasakiAlex Agatha's Apprentice

I never thought of it that way and that would be awesome if those specific characters got those Megas. Personally I would love a Mega Arbok and Mega Weezing so yes, as you say, no harm in dreaming lol.

15. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

his team will probably be similar to the team your rival in pokemon Yellow basically if in Let's Go Pikachu his Mega would be Mega Vaporeon, Mega Flareon, or Mega Jolteon, while in Pokemon Let's Go Eevee his Mega would be Mega Raichu.

16. shoz999

shoz999 Trainer for Fun!

There is one thing I don't get. Why did the leaks chose Jynx for the Mega Evolution and not Lapras. I thought Lapras was Lorelei's Ace in the Hole, not Jynx, not to mention is more recognizable.