• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolution I (XYSP1)

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes

nameman

zhixun

That was nice. What I also enjoyed though was an E4 member's Pokemon was actually pushed for the first time.

Besides triggering the mega evolution I think Zumi's Karmex was not pressed that much. At least I think Karmex looked fine after the battle with Lizardon.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
That was nice. What I also enjoyed though was an E4 member's Pokemon was actually pushed for the first time.
Wouldn't say the first time. Even then Siebold never seemed truly worried at all (still it was a good battle and not a 1 sided battle). Ash gave Agatha a good spar and Torterra put up a decent fight against Bertha.

nameman

Wouldn't say the first time. Even then Siebold never seemed truly worried at all (still it was a good battle and not a 1 sided battle). Ash gave Agatha a good spar and Torterra put up a decent fight against Bertha.

Siebold doesn't seem the type to ever worry. He might actually be glad if someone beat him. By "pushed", I mean this was the first time I actually believed an E4 member could lose no matter how small the chance.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Siebold doesn't seem the type to ever worry. He might actually be glad if someone beat him. By "pushed", I mean this was the first time I actually believed an E4 member could lose no matter how small the chance.
I never doubted Siebold's win. But that's me. I see where you're coming from.

nameman

I never doubted Siebold's win. But that's me. I see where you're coming from.

That's the safe bet usually. I didn't really doubt the win either, but it did look like it with how Alan had been built and that he wasn't being dominated. It was good to see the E4 not look invincible for once.

AshLookalikeCasey

Hey everyone! Been hanging around in the AmourShipping thread but decided to take a break and ask a question that's been on my mind after watching Mega Evolution Special #1.

After Alain defeated the Mega Garchomp trainer, he looked at the Mega Stone he found inside the ruins. When the camera panned to the stone itself, I have been trying to figure out which stone it is. I'm thinking it's the Gyaradosite, but not sure. Anyone care to correct me or tell me if I'm right, please?

Janovy

Banned
After Alain defeated the Mega Garchomp trainer, he looked at the Mega Stone he found inside the ruins. When the camera panned to the stone itself, I have been trying to figure out which stone it is. I'm thinking it's the Gyaradosite, but not sure. Anyone care to correct me or tell me if I'm right, please?
It's most likely Gyaradosite and it would make most sense.

The voice that gave instructions to Alan is Lysandre's voice and the writers gave Siebold a Mega Blastoise instead of giving him Mega Gyarados (which he actually owns in the games). I'd say that Lysandre is clearly going to be the one to debut Mega Gyarados. So yeah, probably Gyaradosite.

Kittykat11

I really think it would be awesome if Ash and Alan do meet and team up but there's a slim chance that will happen. The Strongest Mega Evolution Series are supposed to be a whole new anime Pokemon series not based on the path that Ash and his friends travel on. It's a whole new anime series excluding Ash from the whole thing. I still agree that it would be sweet if they did. I could picture that Alan is battling Stephen's Metagross and when they attack there's a huge explosion. Ash and friends are on their way to a Pokemon Gym when they hear/see the same explosion. They go to check it out and when they get up there, Ash recognizes Stephen and then he meets Alan.

Last edited:
That was pretty freaking amazing! :)
I liked how the Garchomp going crazy in Lumiose city was mentioned, because I thought that maybe this special would be a separate continuity and a totally separate world than the main anime itself (if that makes sense at all).

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
So, here's a special. It feels like the series hasn't done one of these in a while, that being a special side-story that doesn't involve our main characters.

I don't have a lot to say. The battles are cool, but the characters aren't. That seems to be the problem with every special Pokemon has ever tried to pull off. Honestly, I have always been the kind of Pokemon fan that is more intrigued by the characters and the stories rather than the battles. It is appealing to the mind, but not the eye. This special is certainly building up to something bigger, leaving a lot more questions than answers. But am I really all that intrigued by the stoic, deadpan Alain and trips-a-lot Mairin? No, no I am not. It is early to judge this special series, so I'm not going to castigate it too much now. Perhaps it is more of a personable preference, but battle-heavy episodes with very little emotion or intrigue or character or even humor is not very appealing. I hope future episodes in this special series further elaborate on Alain's character and his drive, and would very much like to see this tie into the mains series somehow.

Grade: C

JudySpell

Banned
Alan was really impressive since he was strong and stoic like an anti-Ash. Siebold's match with him was spectacular and I didn't have a problem with Alan losing. 7/10

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Meh, the episode was okay, a good showcase for the cooler (IMO) charizard mega evolution, and great opening narration. The psyduck stole the scene it was in, it was so adorable. ^_^ And I honestly thought for the longest time from the pictures that Marin was a boy. Marin was more entertaining than Alain for me.

5/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I loved the intro scene that showed so many megas. Alain was really strong as shown when he battled Astrid and Louis and he even did well against Siebold. Seeing Mairin join Alain on his journey was cool. :3

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic

It was definitely a Gyaradosite as seen in future episodes.

Alain being shown to be Lysandre's errand boy here wasn't that exciting, though his stoic attitude was refreshing. I think Siebold's choice of Mega was a little iffy, though.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Alan seemed so incredibly powerful during the first half of this special, that I was expecting his Mega Lizardon X to defeat Zumi's Mega Kamex. In a way, I'm glad that Zumi won since he had such an impressive title.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
This episode looked really good especially with the Mega Evolution battles and I also liked Mairin keeping on falling whenever she tried to chase after Alain. Outside of the flashbacks, there wasn't much I saw with Alain but at least it felt a bit of a relief when Siebold's Mega Blastoise defeated Mega Charizard X.