• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolution I (XYSP1)

Navin

MALDREAD
A laboratory research assistant + badazz Pokemon trainer. Man, Alan is pretty much who I would want to be in the show.

KidOblivion

Johto League Champ
Ash bashing kinda happens with or without another MC so you just gotta roll with it tbh.

Also, Scyamore really suggested Alan enter the League? Did he turn it down or something?

I didn't see the subs, but a translatior on another board said that syncamore offered it to him as a way to meet megas. I don't know his reply, but other people confirmed it as well.

Also, I just get a little upset when people bash Ash for no real reason, most don't see that he's actually an accomplished Trainer, can't wait to see him and Alan meet.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
A laboratory research assistant + badazz Pokemon trainer. Man, Alan is pretty much who I would want to be in the show.

I personally thought Alan's depth was perfectly fine, the exposition on Sycamore and his goal was fairly well done for a 22-minute episode. This episode probably would have been tons better had it really had an hour to show itself in prime.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
That was my problem with Alan. Cool design, pretty cool goal to be honest, but he lacked depth. I feel like I don't know enough about him. If this mini series continues then I'll allow because they can expand on his depth later. Maybe they just wanted to grab the audience here with the Mega Pokemon battles. But to me Alan's greatest weakness is his lack of depth. And maybe he could have some more Mega Evolving Pokemon.

This whole special felt like blatant Mega Evolution/Movie 17 advertising to me, so Alan may remain the same even in an upcoming installment in my opinion. :x

uber gon

Accept Change
I don't think Alan is an idiot boy like the many we've seen. Besides, he used to be a professor assistant till he went aggro.

I meant Manon. Hope she gets a Florges.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I have no doubt that we will see what he has to offer if he appears more often, I didn't really expect them to flesh out his entire character in a single episode.

Well obviously they can't do it all in like what...how long do these episodes run? But they could have given a little more depth to his cause. He fights Mega Pokemon. Why? Maybe I just need to watch this subbed. I still think they choose to advertise Mega Pokemon over really developing Alan, but that's okay because it's only the first act and they were wanted to bring in audiences and what better way then flashy Mega Pokemon? I still want more on Alan's story.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Well obviously they can't do it all in like what...how long do these episodes run? But they could have given a little more depth to his cause. He fights Mega Pokemon. Why? Maybe I just need to watch this subbed. I still think they choose to advertise Mega Pokemon over really developing Alan, but that's okay because it's only the first act and they were wanted to bring in audiences and what better way then flashy Mega Pokemon? I still want more on Alan's story.

Honestly, shoving in Alan exposition, three battles, Mega Evolution explanation, Manon screen time and focus, Elite Four Siebold and all of 22 minutes is still really impressive. :p You have to admit.

Janovy

Banned
Don't forget setting up Lysandre.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Cool beans, Alan was a decent enough character(was giving me a Sasuke emo vibe but good thing that changed watching the episode) still kinda blandish but I'm waiting for more in future episode(we got two bland characters in the main group rigth now anyway), the girl was a pretty charming and funny character also, animation was great, I liked that they used the ingame character as a trainer, Siebold and the Kabuki guy was had a cool design also.

Waiting for the continuation of the story :D.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
if that stone he picked up was Gyarados's mega stone, it'll probably be stolen from him.

I hope its a Latios/as Mega stone and the second special coincides with an event releasing their stones frankly but I can see it being a Chariazard Y stone so he has more options for his Charizard, I only watched the raw so if what the stone is was confirmed to be Gyarados I'm sorry.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
In the next special, Alan will take that stone to Sycamore's lab, which will be destroyed by Team Flare members. The professor then will complain about his lab getting wrecked so often.

That's what I think will happen.

Outburstz

Lol? Where do you get that the Charizard was at E4 level? At no point in the match did it look like he had the upper hand. Heck, Blastoise was holding its own even when it wasn't mega evolved.
Did you not see the opening clash where Blastoise and Charizard X met head on and both came out even? Than Blastoise had to mega evolve to take the advantage. Charizard took a Hydro pump ( or some sort of water attack) and still charged at Blastoise. Then they clashed again evenly, after that Charizard got him with a dragon claw that pushed Blastoise back before the big blast that took him out.

So yes i do call that Charizard Elite 4 level

Last edited:

Viex

After watching the special twice I'm still not sure about something. Was it Lysandre talking on the holocaster?

RVD_fan

So I assume this Lysandre reveal means that they're not gonna do the Cyrus thing where it seems like he might be a good guy as they do in the games. That's fine with me, even for Pokemon he was a pretty obvious villain (it's always the ones with the crazy hair).

RickHoenn

Banned
Maybe Lysandre testing out his new mega Gyarados...

It is mindblowing how powerful these megas are (2 mega-powered hyperbeams equal a DBZ-style explosion, and a flamethrower from Megazard X acts almost like a hyperbeam). Props to the animators!

Yes! the Mega Gyarados vs Mega Abomasnow battle looked so freakin beastly, like wow those creatures are way too powerful. :eek:

diakyu

Don't forget setting up Lysandre.

I think this is the main reason the special exists. Not for the movie, but for tying into the main anime and team flare. It's obvious this will have more acts and will most likely extend past the movie.

shadowF

which moves would you guys like mega charizard x to do next? mine are outrage, earthquake ,dragon dance and flare blitz!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I think this is the main reason the special exists. Not for the movie, but for tying into the main anime and team flare. It's obvious this will have more acts and will most likely extend past the movie.

Lysandre showed up for like what, a few seconds? Why would the studio write and animate a 22 minute special for the sake of Lysandre's cameo? :confused: