• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolution II (XY SP3)

K.N.

I don't think it really matters if they happened before or after, or if they happened at all. Only the Slowbro one made it clear Alain actually battled it.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I don't think it really matters if they happened before or after, or if they happened at all. Only the Slowbro one made it clear Alain actually battled it.

Manon said she was presenting Pokemon that Alan had battled in the very first segment, and we see Alan's Lizardon fight the Pokemon in every segment. That'd be why the Mega Metagross segment wasn't done by her, too.

Izanagi

'Sup!
I saw this raw but what I say was pretty good. Man, is the anime so much better with Ash. ^^;
The battle looked pretty sweet too. I am liking Mega Rayquaza more and more.

shadowF

wonder if they will show the English versions of Manon's segments, it would be preety neat in my opinion.

WJG12345

Yea I think the west will probably be stuck with just watching the special instead of getting all those segments of Manon, which in all honesty did not really matter that much, besides building hype for this special

A little late, but just watched the raw for the first time. It was alright, I didn't expect much. A few things of note:

- Even though he's only appeared twice, I think Alan is drier than a burnt piece of toast

- Lysandre looks better here than in game, but he still isn't physically appealing

- I really hope they make Lysandre and TF like Cyrus and TG. It seems like they're going that direction with Lysandre right now, but I'll wait for subs.

- Mega rayquaza is butt ugly

- Manon was a lot of fun again

Not much other than that. A pleasant break from the main anime.

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
Lots of euphemisms from Lysandre here. They're "investigating" Mega Evolution energies for use in "peaceful purposes". I find it funny how Alan was easily convinced by Lysandre that he shouldn't tell Sycamore what they're doing in order to protect him and not "sully" him. A kid and a stranger he just met and spirited off into his lavish laboratory/headquarters telling Alan that they need to protect Sycamore, a grown-*** man as if he was some pure precious flower that needs protection from bad people lest he withers away.

It seems the setting for Act III is in Rustboro City, hopefully we'll see some monumental destruction there with Kyogre and Groudon.

Navin

MALDREAD
Yay, finally I got to see and review this!

Pros:

* Alain & Manon - Call him edgy. Call him bland. But honestly I really like this former-lab-assistant-turned-confident-aloof-trainer. Manon...she's great.
* Alain X Manon - That Lysandre "girlfriend" tease. And Alain diving to catch and shield Manon. They're both opposites but they seem to care about each other. Is it wrong for me to ship this?
* Lysandre employing Alain - you can just tell there's more to him, and that Alain is running into a trap.
* Steven vs Alain was cool; Steven's Metagross is a monster. Glad to see see Alain hang in there, although it seemed evident he was going to eventually lose. His Charizard X is pretty powerful.
* Interesting plot sets up for Act 3

Cons:

* Too damn short - why aren't these specials longer?
* I wasn't a fan of that Mega Rayquaza rampage

7.5/10

Last edited:

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
So, this line turns up in the games, when you speak to Steven with your Shiny Beldum

Hm... You know, seeing that white beauty there that you travel with... I’m reminded of the Legendary Pokémon Rayquaza, said to descend at the Sky Pillar. I once had the chance to see it face to face. Although, it was a long time ago now... The young man who battled against Rayquaza beside me... I wonder whatever happened to him and that black Charizard of his...

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Between which episodes was this special broadcasted in japan? Because I thik we are near that point in the dub and it's strange we didn't get any announcement yet for it...

Interesting how Alain works for Lysandre Labs and that Lysandre was the one who sent him on the journey, though that was expected though.

Supersonicbro

So, this line turns up in the games, when you speak to Steven with your Shiny Beldum

Hm... You know, seeing that white beauty there that you travel with... I’m reminded of the Legendary Pokémon Rayquaza, said to descend at the Sky Pillar. I once had the chance to see it face to face. Although, it was a long time ago now... The young man who battled against Rayquaza beside me... I wonder whatever happened to him and that black Charizard of his...

so this connects the game to the anime, but one thing i don't get is....

They say in the games there is a alternate dimension where mega-evolutions don't exist, which are the game pre-xy but the anime is based off of those games, and if ash is mentioned in the mega specials and in those same specials they meet steven who is the same steven in oras, how do the worlds connect?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'm just listening to the dub version of this special, & I think that Steven's VA is the same guy who voiced him in "A Hole Lotta' Trouble" (Andrew Paull)

EDIT: If it isn't Andrew Paull, my second guess would be that it's Prof. Sycamore's VA doing a pretty good imitation of him

Last edited:

Vernikova

Champion
I'm just listening to the dub version of this special, & I think that Steven's VA is the same guy who voiced him in "A Hole Lotta' Trouble" (Andrew Paull)

It's been years since I watched that episode, but I too thought that he sounded the same.

Vernikova

Champion
As for the episode itself, I recently watched this in Japanese a week ago, so it's still fresh in my mind.

I thought it was a decent episode. Finally seeing Steven get to battle was great, a decade overdue but beer late than never. I guess Iris lost track of Rayquaza. Maybe we'll see her later if they stay in Hoenn. As for Rayquaza itself, it was pretty good. The little bit with Groudon and Kyogre waking up was nice. Overall, it wasn't bad.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Steven: We found it! The legendary giant rock!

Seriously.

Legendary giant rock.

We're going to be calling it a legendary giant rock.

Never mind it could've been called legendary Mega Evolution relic.

Mairin somehow started to look annoying, unlike how she was portrayed in her debut episode. I know it's supposed to be funny, but her wondering what the word origins meant was unfunny (and it was meant as her being confused by the word, not that she knew what it was).

Poor foolish Alain. First he doesn't know he's being had by an evil villain, and he thinks he can outshine the Smogon monster destroyer with his black dragon. He's not as a bright as he seems he is.