• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolution III (XY SP)

Soniman

Break the Limit
I find the silent, stoic, "badass" just as abd if not even worse than the shoen hero protagonist one so I'll pass. Not to mention Pikachu was weakened and handicapped by Zekrom and ******** writing when he faced Snivy so that doesn't convince me either. And that was besides my point. Point was don't go challenging what are essentially deities on steroids that are rampaging with just a MC-X and expect to come out looking smart. That's stupidity.

TO BE FAIR, Steven did the same thing and he's supposed to be the Champion.

But yeah comparing the two characters is kinda pointless since they're so diffrent anyway?

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Pretty rad special, I'm mainly waiting for the ability to understand this fully to really put my full feelings out. Just keeping it short and sweet, it was pretty incredible, lovely emotion and showcasing of the Alan/Manon dynamic, the Pokemon belonging to the heroes were fantastic of course(Hari-san and M-Metagross's High Touch <3), Manon and Alan were 100% on-point as they usually are for me and Manon's gallant actions were my favorite parts, that hug was simply precious. There's so much more I want to talk about but I want to be 10/10 certain of the dialogue and narrative before that, but this special was greatness as usual, my only gripe is there might have been a lack of symbolism in-comparison to the last two Acts which were packed with it. Oh and Volt getting dug up from its grave as the ending song for this special, though that's better than Yusuke's autotuned mess appearing in the climax of it.

Very, very dialogue-heavy special, very much looking forward to see what they were saying.

Last edited:

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Simply. Glorious.

DAT GROUDON living up to his in-game hype against Kyogre. lol.

This episode is infinitely better than the drivel we usually get or can ever hope to receive in the main series.

Not gonna lie. I've been much more engaged in these than I have been with the main anime myself as of late...

If not for the villain of Gen 6 actually being present, then its for all these high budget fights. *sparkly eyes*

I think it also helps to have this more original plot going on...Makes me curious as to what's going to happen next. Less predictable than the main series...And he main characters don't have sour memories attached them.

Last edited:

XXD17

Draco rex
As amazing at this ep was, I was slightly annoyed how kyogre got pummeled over and over again...it never even got a good hit him except with that sheer cold that didn't even KO groudon like it should have...the final precipice blade in the gut for megazard X was pretty intense though...

PortugueseLynx

Makes all the sense a mega charizard X to lose against mega and primals legendaries. Picture how cheap it would be if would defeat them.
I rather this than watching a pikachu defeating a serperior. Twice. Or mons making their own full evolved forms as fools.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
I seriously have seen this act like 5 times by now... and it never ceases to be fantastic. Enjoyed it all through out, everything was perfect, the music, the plot, everything. Still a shame we have to wait so long for the climax, but hey it's worth it, as these acts become better and better.

10/10 The best act so far. Love Tomioka's writing and how he gave us an actual epic fight between Groudon and Kyogre, unlike the one we 've seen back in AG. With this act, he redeemed himself (he had written the AG Groudon/Kyogre one too)

N_Harmonia

If it wasn't for this episode, i would never be using Primal Groudon on my Smogon team, literally, He THREW Primal Kyogre 5000 ft away!

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
I am questioning myselfe, if this series is a build up of a Team Flare arc for the regular series (maybe a team flare hoenn arc). Because it is quite impressive, that Lysandre appeared three times in specials. Also notable is, that these specials take place in the same time as the regular one.

Didn't Alain start training with his Charizard pretty late? He has too much over confidence.

No. We saw him obtain Charmander in a flashback, but if I recall correctly we don't know how long ago it was. For now it's unknown if he only started recently or not, but I find it highly doubtful since his Charizard is pretty strong.

saki888

something big is building with these acts that will come into the main series ,that is for sure , i'm really interested in that upcoming garchomp ,epi 68 , i think that episode will have flahback of Alain in it so we might get a tad more info of his past in it as well

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
No. We saw him obtain Charmander in a flashback, but if I recall correctly we don't know how long ago it was. For now it's unknown if he only started recently or not, but I find it highly doubtful since his Charizard is pretty strong.
He seemed a fair bit younger in the flashback with Sycamore, so I would assume he has been training for a couple years. But time and aging are weird in the pokemon anime and only ever apply when the writers want them to.

I am still unclear on Alain's goal. With only a single pokemon how can he "stand on the top as the strongest"? Perhaps he simply means he wants his mega Charizard to become able to beat any other trainer with a mega one on one?

I just watched this episode with subs and I absolutely loved I think that something big is going to build up with the Megalith and what Lysandre said about humanity hearing about the effects of the Megalith was very interesting and I am interested to see how it will affect the main naime.

Navin

MALDREAD
Mal's Review -

Pros:

* Mystery of the legendary megalith and Lysandre's capture of it leads to a promising act IV
* Manon's concern for Alain
* Steven calling out Alain's stoic BS
* Power of the legendaries pushing back the helicopters
* Primal Groudon holy fvck
* Groudon throwing Kyogre - top kek
* Manon best girl saving Alain
* Mega Metagross's defense
* Mega Rayquaza +1
* The hug - the feels

Cons:

* Kinda wish he didn't leave without her because that's what he did at the start of the episode - guess now he realizes her worth and doesn't want her to get hurt
* These specials should be an hour long

Finally an actual duel between Groudon and Kyogre and Rayquaza.

9.5/10

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
What exactly happened to Groudon and Kyogre?? They just vanished :/....

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I'm late to the party. I really like the Manon character and her relationship with Alain. It doesn't feel artificial like the main anime's friendships. I didn't even care for the legendary Pokemon brawl. I'm so over legendary Pokemon fighting each other. It's overrated and didn't make the episode for me. The characters do, and I really like the dynamic of Alain and Manon. I don't ship them or anything. Manon's such a cool character. One of the best characters Pokemon has created in a really long time, not counting Clemont and Bonnie. I look forward to their next appearance.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
If you have seen Pokémon the movie 2000 then you may feel a slight hint of dejavu. I rather liked that film so that could be a good or bad thing depending on your preference.

Otherwise, the extra special effects were nice. I also always kind of imagined Groudon and Kyogre to be buddies in the current times or maybe they just went temporarily berserk here?

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
i definitely liked this ep. once in a while, we'll get eps like these, they can be so few and far between.

Finally get to see the legendary trio in battle in the anime! Even though it took 10 years for it to happen. (this year marks 10 years since the groudon/kyogre episode of pokemon advanced battle). This was 10x better than than the 2-parter. because the animation wasn't really as advanced as it is today.

i, too liked the friendship between Marion and Alain. shows they really care for each other in different ways.

Also liked seeing Steven in action. he was under-used during the Advanced saga.

i hope in act 4 Alain learns Lysandre's true motives and realizes he's being used.

10/10