• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolution IV (XY SP)

Janovy

Banned
This was an amazing special.

I loved Malva, loved Lysandre, hated Alain upsetting Mairin - the poor girl cried!!! ;__;

Still not sure whether Malva let Alain win or not...

Master Quest

Let's do it
I think the purpose to pull off malva's faked loss to Alain was to mislead us into thinking that he is on e4 level which he is clearly not(Assuming malva faked her loss) and to give him some extra and mislead hype or it may be plot related.

I think ash can still match and defeat Alain if he Uses his own charizard.

I don't see Alain defeating malva as a big deal because:-

-She must have faked her loss(because lysander and Malva weren't shocked at all in the end) and let alain win so that he can pass the test and keep his megastone and megaring to serve them later when needed.

-Faking the loss also means that her mega houndoom might not have fainted in reality and he might have just acted like he fainted.

So the only good thing here is Alain beat 9 megas in a row and took some hits from an e4 level pokemon and nothing else.

Last edited:
Wow at Alan defeating Malva. What the hell Alan and Mairin didn't even get a conclusion to their storyline???? I wanted this act to conclude Manon and Alan's stories but instead we got an open ended cliffhanger which wont get a conclusion since the acts are over now???

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
There is also the other factor as well, which was mentioned by someone else earlier in some thread (not sure where and which one).

That factor being that Alan is mainly focusing on his Charizard/Mega Charizard X and may actually have only that pokemon in his team.

On the other hand, Malva is an Elite 4, so she has to have atleast 6 pokemons with her. While Houndoom/Mega Houndoom could be her strongest Pokemon, she must have more of its level with her.

So, strength-wise as a Mega Pokemon, Alan's Charizard/Mega Charizard X may come out as the top one, but that doesn't mean we can still down play Malva yet, or make out Alan as some super strong E4 level trainer yet.

And based on what "AuraKshatriya" posted, it may very well be possible that Malva lost because she was a bit more cocky.
But what really happened we can't be sure here though, as this wasn't an official match were Malva had to give her best in order to hold on to her position. This was a side battle, whose result didn't matter to her actual carrier.

On a side note, i wanted to also mention that while the anime seems to hold the standards of a trainer having only one Mega Stone holding Pokemon, it isn't necessary that it would always stay the same in the future as well.

It could be possible to showcase a trainer having 6 Pokemon all holding a Mega Stone each, and during each battle the Trainer decides to Mega evolve one of his pokemon depending on the need of the situation he is facing in front of him.

This point is sort of also supported by the fact that we have seen quite a few random trainer coming after Alan to hunt for his Mega Stone or the one he found, even-though they themselves already have a Mega Pokemon.

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I think the purpose to pull off malva's faked loss to Alain was to mislead us into thinking that he is on e4 level which he is clearly not(Assuming malva faked her loss) and to give him some extra and mislead hype or it may be plot related.

I think ash can still match and defeat Alain if he Uses his own charizard.

I don't see Alain defeating malva as a big deal because:-

-She must have faked her loss(because lysander and Malva weren't shocked at all in the end) and let alain win so that he can pass the test and keep his megastone and megaring to serve them later when needed.

-Faking the loss also means that her mega houndoom might not have fainted in reality and he might have just acted like he fainted.

So the only good thing here is Alain beat 9 megas in a row and took some hits from an e4 level pokemon and nothing else.

Don't forget he didn't just take some hits from an E4 level Pokemon he DEFEATED HER. I imagine when E4 trainers lose they aren't going to react much anyway. You don't see any Gym Leaders whining when they lose to main character plot. They accept it, just like Malva accepted defeat here. It's not like she was going to have a nervous breakdown after losing. Alain's E4 god slaying Zard would murder Ash's currently.

phanpycross

God-king
Dude, that zard might be the single most overpowered pokemon owned by a trainer, period.

Now I will forever have something to throw out when the fanboys of Ash's charizard get overly cocky.

Last edited:

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Don't forget he didn't just take some hits from an E4 level Pokemon he DEFEATED HER. I imagine when E4 trainers lose they aren't going to react much anyway. You don't see any Gym Leaders whining when they lose to main character plot. They accept it, just like Malva accepted defeat here. It's not like she was going to have a nervous breakdown after losing. Alain's E4 god slaying Zard would murder Ash's currently.

Murder a Charizard who has singlehandedly defeated an Articuno belonging to a Frontier Brain... unevolved? I'm not saying that Alain's Charizard isn't strong, absolutely not, but I think it's getting a bit too much credit.

Besides, he may have beaten Malva, but he has also been cleanly defeated by Siebold. Sure, Blastoise was resistant to Charizard's fire attacks, but in this match Charizard was double resistant against Houndoom's fire attacks, and I think that contributed greatly during the match and increased its chances of winning, whether they have been "rigged" or not.

I'm not gonna comment on this episode since I want to wait for the subs, but I wanted to throw my two cents.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Murder a Charizard who has singlehandedly defeated an Articuno belonging to a Frontier Brain... unevolved? I'm not saying that Alain's Charizard isn't strong, absolutely not, but I think it's getting a bit too much credit.

Besides, he may have beaten Malva, but he has also been cleanly defeated by Siebold. Sure, Blastoise was resistant to Charizard's fire attacks, but in this match Charizard was double resistant against Houndoom's fire attacks, and I think that contributed greatly during the match and increased its chances of winning, whether they have been "rigged" or not.

I'm not gonna comment on this episode since I want to wait for the subs, but I wanted to throw my two cents.

Yes. Alain's Zard can mega evolve and it beat a bunch of other Mega Pokemon before going up against Malva's own Mega Houndoom and beating it. I think it can handle Ash's Charizard which can't Mega Evolve yet. If/when it does Mega Evolve to Zard Y or whatever then I'll say it's a fair fight, but right now? I don't see it. No matter how many people try and downplay Alain beating Malva. It's a big deal. I don't see why Malva would hold back. It just means Alain is too weak for Lysandre to use and he should ditch him. Beating Malva even if just one Pokemon proves Lysandre can count on Alain as a enforcer for his evil plan. That makes more sense to me.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
LOL wow
before elite four unbeatable people say they boring, they untouchbale , they mary sue they bla bla bla
when this situation came some people didnt except it and make like fluke, that, this and there and bla bla bla
and i dont get it why people say malva didnt take seriously, malva use 10% power, Malva Holding back is this bias ? is this because the main character didn't did it first ?
this situation remind me of iris and dragonite situation.
and alan charizard deserve much credit, i mean ash charizard got much credit after beat legendary and how he ash strongest pokemon, so idk why alan can't have the praise he should have after beating one mega evolve elite 4 pokemon?

Master Quest

Let's do it
There is also the other factor as well, which was mentioned by someone else earlier in some thread (not sure where and which one).

That factor being that Alan is mainly focusing on his Charizard/Mega Charizard X and may actually have only that pokemon in his team.

On the other hand, Malva is an Elite 4, so she has to have atleast 6 pokemons with her. While Houndoom/Mega Houndoom could be her strongest Pokemon, she must have more of its level with her.

So, strength-wise as a Mega Pokemon, Alan's Charizard/Mega Charizard X may come out as the top one, but that doesn't mean we can still down play Malva yet, or make out Alan as some super strong E4 level trainer yet.

And based on what "AuraKshatriya" posted, it may very well be possible that Malva lost because she was a bit more cocky.
But what really happened we can't be sure here though, as this wasn't an official match were Malva had to give her best in order to hold on to her position. This was a side battle, whose result didn't matter to her actual carrier.

In ME act 1 Alain said the charizard is his strongest pokemon which means he has other pokemons too but even if he just focus on his MC X among the trainers of his experience he can have more advantage than others in 1 on 1 mega battle but that logic does not work when it comes to Elite 4 trainers are the one who has grown to the almost near the maximum limit one can grow to and from that point onwards not much room for growth is availabe and the chamipions are even more talented and at that point it doesn't matter if e4s have a team of 10 pokemon or 1 pokemons result will not differ much.So just because Alain focuses on one pokemon he cannot train it to be stronger than an elite 4 pokemon alone if he can then i am pretty sure he can train his other pokemons to that level too.So the point is using Alain training only one pokemon as an excuse to why she should or should not be on elite four level is wrong.

Alain defeating elite four would have been a huge deal because they are shown to be like gods and are the regions topmost trainer and the trainers who participate in the champions league are the ones who win the pokemon league and the difference between the level of pokemon league and champions league is huge.It is true that trainers need to defeat all four of elite four to be able to challange the champions but i don't think many of them succeed in even beating one of the elite four(because e4 members always stay the same throughout the years and so does the champion and even if we don't know the procedure of how to become an e4 member we know that they are replaceable) And i am pretty sure that there aren't many trainers who defeat e4 members at alain's age if there are any at all.And beating Malva must also mean that alain has come many steps closer to his goal to becoming the strongest.So there should have been some reaction from malva and Lysander's side i am pretty sure that writers won't let godlike elite four member loose just like that and that too with almost no reaction from malva or lysander's side

And it also looked like malva was toying with alain the whole time not cocky.

She dosen't need to react after loosing i am saying that she should have been shocked because it is not everyday that a trainers defeats an e4 member and that too of Alain's age.I don't think writers will let one of the 4 kalos gods loose just like that.

I think what i said in my previous post is the most likely situation.

Last edited:

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
-Mairin cries into Lysandre's coat, saying, "It'll be alright, won't it? It'll definitely open its eyes, won't it?!" Lysandre puts his hand on her shoulder and says, "Yeah, leave it to me."

I don't even care how evil he is. Even if it's just to keep his disguise, this gesture alone makes him the nicest out of the all evil team leaders.

Anime Lysandre is so likable I'll probably be cheering for him >w<.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Anyway, that episode slayed so hard definitely one of the best in a long minute, I had to give it a triple watch! AlaMano's bond was showcased nicely, it was really good to see Alan so focused on his strength, resolve and goals that he pushed Manon away. I'm am so glad they are continuing to develop the relationship between these two so nicely and it's hard to believe before Manon had to force herself on him in Act I, now here we are again. They've done so much for each other, their relationship almost feels somewhat reminisce of a Miyazaki one. Manon was interested in Mega Evolution and Alan and just traveled with him on her own accord, then in Act II he saved her life and grew softer / fluffier, then Act III we have Alan trying to take his job seriously and once again almost getting killed / badly injured and needing salvation from Manon. The ending hug was the sweetest and the fact he's still taking things seriously but fluffy toward her and Hari-san is still the best. I honestly really care about their relationship, not in the shipping sense!

I don't care if it's romantic or platonic, I'm just glad they're together and their dynamic is moving forward. Now I can say confidently, they respect, admire and love each other. I'm really satisfied and happy with how their connection took its time, through genuine interactions, kindness and caring because we need more of this and everything was mutual and very balanced which is why it works so well for me. Alan murdering those 10-Mega Trainers in quick succession was amusing, if only because everything was so wild and crazy and you can definitely feel this is a continuation of his ending scene in Act III. The ending fight with M-Hellgar was great, excellent choice for Pachira, a hellhound and I cannot wait until I can get the full context of everything that woman sad because was too fierce. I need more of her and I am so hoping we do get more of her, she's such a great character and the XY games didn't give her the form of attention I would have liked so this is the anime's saving grace, rescuing great characters from the scrap heap. I think she is giving me Corni-tier feeling and if she's stealing Carnet's role in the XY&Z anime I gladly encourage, love how they had similar Mega items too.

Her trash talking, her glasses (like how her eyes look concealed in certain scenes) , her body language, the way she commands attacks, even the way she Mega Evolves her hellhound is just incredible! Her and Lys just make the best saltmates ever, the way she's just like a beckoning shadow and constantly throwing shade, the way she's just the "there" and she's the s--t and she knows it. As for Hari-san, man, poor little hedgehog got it rough. It seems in a way he might be "connected" to Puni-chan and the others? But really though, that Vine Whip action and helpfulness killed me. He truly is, "the most reliable Pokemon in all of Kalos" as Manon called him. Reeling himself up, staying concealed from the scientist, saving Puni-chan, you could tell from his shouts (nice Seiyuu work btw) and constant faltering body that he was putting himself through more turmoil and pain than many Pokemon could. Manon's caring for it is just the best, running for him, being unwell while watching him comatose and bedridden, crying her eyes out over possibly losing two individuals so close to her so soon, Hari-san and Alan. She's suffered so much.

I am so glad they are portraying Alan as being in the wrong here, this is what I needed. Now an apology to Manon, salvation of Hari-san, and other compensations are surely waiting. Even if Lys did reveal that he was using Alan, he still has leverage over him in the form of Manon's unwell Harimaron. With Platane having been said to play a role in XY&Z (if you subscribe to Gojika's future-seeing talents) I expect him and his mega to appear to help. I want Manon to also do something, just sitting there while everything goes down would be lame. She needs to get her involvement, it would feel weird after everything since the two people she's shown to care for most are at stake here. I am really hoping she isn't paid dust for the rest of the arc. because that would be really stupid, I'm still wondering if Xerneas and Yvetal will play a role here. The merchandise of them and Xerneas's early appearance, it would be strange if they didn't what with Flare confirmed to control a Zygarde? Not sure where they would fit, perhaps Xerneas could heal Hari-san since his comatose state can be seen as a cut-in for death in the anime.

Most of all, I'm glad the narrative is making it very obvious that this Alan's f--k up and nothing more or less, he screwed up and he's trying to make good on it on his own instead of simply coming to Manon and Platane and TALKING TO THEM, COMMUNICATING, USING WORDS. Trying to save and protect everyone CONSTANTLY and trying to act like a hero and this being a bad thing. For God's sake Alan, I love you to death and feel for you but you almost got killed trying to save Lizardon and so did your Pokemon, you're being manipulated further to save Hari-san, you practically spied on the champ to "protect" the professor, you're rejecting Manon to get stronger but you only ended up hurting her more, I'm glad this is being treated as problematic. More character development surely awaits him, I know this theory is age old and has been repeated since Act II's debut but I still want to subscribe to the theory that M-Lizardon Y will debut under Alan's care as a crossover back to his former self by Platane. Alan just going back to his job as a researcher but still enjoying Manon's company and Manon continuing her journey, it would suck if she didn't because she had intentions....

Not trying to harp on this but in past series you had females agreeing that battles were important. I just want more girls in this series battling just 'cause and trying rather than when circumstances push them a.k.a to do something with a Pokemon or fight TRio. We've had some chicks who've done that, no shade, but really Premiere only did it to jumpstart the plot of the episode (while being promoted as a threat to Serena for Satoshi >_>) and Corni (but only so she could be built up to lose to Satoshi later on). Pachira is an improvement in that regard, a female Mega Trainer with prominence since I doubt Ayaka is returning and I am hoping Manon just has involvement, preferably battling to save Alan since she told him she did want to battle him in the future (probably getting stomped without Mega Evolving on his end) but trying because she can. Pachira also gets props for being rather cleanly marketed in the anime despite having a very compromising design for fanservice possibilities, they kept it clean.

Perfect act, perfect episode, ideally when this mess is settled Alan + Manon will continue to appear.

Ugh, I can't with Alain anymore, seriously someone needs to come and wipe the floor with him so he won't be so damn overhyped and gary stu like.

Ash needs to have his Charizard come back so Alain can see what a real Charizard can do. Also I can't with Charizard's growl, that is literally the least intimidating growl ever.
[img139]https://33.media.tumblr.com/7560b08c098fd09f905c4eed917d807e/tumblr_inline_nwvvolf9Be1qckcze_500.gif[/img139]

Last edited:

Jangobadass

Surprise!
I just hope those trainers get to come back. Surely I'm not only person who's surprised and a little annoyed that they were given such interesting, colorful designs only to be total cannon fodder. Oh sure, generic CotD designs don't cut it for people with Mega-Evolutions...but neither does going down like punks in battles we don't get to see all of either...

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
[img139]https://33.media.tumblr.com/7560b08c098fd09f905c4eed917d807e/tumblr_inline_nwvvolf9Be1qckcze_500.gif[/img139]

Kii, I'm speechless right now too regarding that second sentence. Like, Alain's Mega Charizard X defeated an Elite Four member's Mega fairly for God's sake: If that ain't impressive, I don't know what is.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Yes. Alain's Zard can mega evolve and it beat a bunch of other Mega Pokemon before going up against Malva's own Mega Houndoom and beating it. I think it can handle Ash's Charizard which can't Mega Evolve yet. If/when it does Mega Evolve to Zard Y or whatever then I'll say it's a fair fight, but right now? I don't see it. No matter how many people try and downplay Alain beating Malva. It's a big deal. I don't see why Malva would hold back. It just means Alain is too weak for Lysandre to use and he should ditch him. Beating Malva even if just one Pokemon proves Lysandre can count on Alain as a enforcer for his evil plan. That makes more sense to me.

Hmm, then I agree on that, regarding Ash's unevolved Charizard possibly having near null chances to beat Alain's Mega Charizard X. However, now I would really like to see how well Alain's Charizard would perform in its basic form. That should help gauge more its actual level, I think.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Anyway, that episode slayed so hard definitely one of the best in a long minute, I had to give it a triple watch! AlaMano's bond was showcased nicely, it was really good to see Alan so focused on his strength, resolve and goals that he pushed Manon away. I'm am so glad they are continuing to develop the relationship between these two so nicely and it's hard to believe before Manon had to force herself on him in Act I, now here we are again. They've done so much for each other, their relationship almost feels somewhat reminisce of a Miyazaki one. Manon was interested in Mega Evolution and Alan and just traveled with him on her own accord, then in Act II he saved her life and grew softer / fluffier, then Act III we have Alan trying to take his job seriously and once again almost getting killed / badly injured and needing salvation from Manon. The ending hug was the sweetest and the fact he's still taking things seriously but fluffy toward her and Hari-san is still the best. I honestly really care about their relationship, not in the shipping sense!

I don't care if it's romantic or platonic, I'm just glad they're together and their dynamic is moving forward. Now I can say confidently, they respect, admire and love each other. I'm really satisfied and happy with how their connection took its time, through genuine interactions, kindness and caring because we need more of this and everything was mutual and very balanced which is why it works so well for me. Alan murdering those 10-Mega Trainers in quick succession was amusing, if only because everything was so wild and crazy and you can definitely feel this is a continuation of his ending scene in Act III. The ending fight with M-Hellgar was great, excellent choice for Pachira, a hellhound and I cannot wait until I can get the full context of everything that woman sad because was too fierce. I need more of her and I am so hoping we do get more of her, she's such a great character and the XY games didn't give her the form of attention I would have liked so this is the anime's saving grace, rescuing great characters from the scrap heap. I think she is giving me Corni-tier feeling and if she's stealing Carnet's role in the XY&Z anime I gladly encourage, love how they had similar Mega items too.

Her trash talking, her glasses (like how her eyes look concealed in certain scenes) , her body language, the way she commands attacks, even the way she Mega Evolves her hellhound is just incredible! Her and Lys just make the best saltmates ever, the way she's just like a beckoning shadow and constantly throwing shade, the way she's just the "there" and she's the s--t and she knows it. As for Hari-san, man, poor little hedgehog got it rough. It seems in a way he might be "connected" to Puni-chan and the others? But really though, that Vine Whip action and helpfulness killed me. He truly is, "the most reliable Pokemon in all of Kalos" as Manon called him. Reeling himself up, staying concealed from the scientist, saving Puni-chan, you could tell from his shouts (nice Seiyuu work btw) and constant faltering body that he was putting himself through more turmoil and pain than many Pokemon could. Manon's caring for it is just the best, running for him, being unwell while watching him comatose and bedridden, crying her eyes out over possibly losing two individuals so close to her so soon, Hari-san and Alan. She's suffered so much.

I am so glad they are portraying Alan as being in the wrong here, this is what I needed. Now an apology to Manon, salvation of Hari-san, and other compensations are surely waiting. Even if Lys did reveal that he was using Alan, he still has leverage over him in the form of Manon's unwell Harimaron. With Platane having been said to play a role in XY&Z (if you subscribe to Gojika's future-seeing talents) I expect him and his mega to appear to help. I want Manon to also do something, just sitting there while everything goes down would be lame. She needs to get her involvement, it would feel weird after everything since the two people she's shown to care for most are at stake here. I am really hoping she isn't paid dust for the rest of the arc. because that would be really stupid, I'm still wondering if Xerneas and Yvetal will play a role here. The merchandise of them and Xerneas's early appearance, it would be strange if they didn't what with Flare confirmed to control a Zygarde? Not sure where they would fit, perhaps Xerneas could heal Hari-san since his comatose state can be seen as a cut-in for death in the anime.

Most of all, I'm glad the narrative is making it very obvious that this Alan's f--k up and nothing more or less, he screwed up and he's trying to make good on it on his own instead of simply coming to Manon and Platane and TALKING TO THEM, COMMUNICATING, USING WORDS. Trying to save and protect everyone CONSTANTLY and trying to act like a hero and this being a bad thing. For God's sake Alan, I love you to death and feel for you but you almost got killed trying to save Lizardon and so did your Pokemon, you're being manipulated further to save Hari-san, you practically spied on the champ to "protect" the professor, you're rejecting Manon to get stronger but you only ended up hurting her more, I'm glad this is being treated as problematic. More character development surely awaits him, I know this theory is age old and has been repeated since Act II's debut but I still want to subscribe to the theory that M-Lizardon Y will debut under Alan's care as a crossover back to his former self by Platane. Alan just going back to his job as a researcher but still enjoying Manon's company and Manon continuing her journey, it would suck if she didn't because she had intentions....

Not trying to harp on this but in past series you had females agreeing that battles were important. I just want more girls in this series battling just 'cause and trying rather than when circumstances push them a.k.a to do something with a Pokemon or fight TRio. We've had some chicks who've done that, no shade, but really Premiere only did it to jumpstart the plot of the episode (while being promoted as a threat to Serena for Satoshi >_>) and Corni (but only so she could be built up to lose to Satoshi later on). Pachira is an improvement in that regard, a female Mega Trainer with prominence since I doubt Ayaka is returning and I am hoping Manon just has involvement, preferably battling to save Alan since she told him she did want to battle him in the future (probably getting stomped without Mega Evolving on his end) but trying because she can. Pachira also gets props for being rather cleanly marketed in the anime despite having a very compromising design for fanservice possibilities, they kept it clean.

Perfect act, perfect episode, ideally when this mess is settled Alan + Manon will continue to appear.

Yes a real Charizard that shows growth, I'm sorry but what kind of fail backwards mega trainers and their pokemon did Lysandare find that all got defeated by ONE pokemon. I mean really?? Their have only been two trainers in the anime who have been able to accomplish similar feats, Trollbias(this really doesn't need to be explained) and Cynthia with Garchomp(which actually makes sense since she is a CHAMPION). Are we really supposed to believe that 1 pokemon who just had 9 OTHER BATTLES with no healing(super potion=/=going to the pokemon center) is gonna beat an ELITE FOUR MEMBERS pokemon who is at FULL HEALTH?? I'm sorry but I call complete ********. This is harder to believe then Trollbias was.

And people really want him to be Ash's final opponent in the league like wtf?? We really need another Trollbias moment where Ash uses 5 pokemon to beat the HAXED Charizard before it finally goes down and he pulls another mega out of his *** from no where.

Alain has to be the most Gary Stu character ever like only getting beaten once by an elite 4 member no less. His Charizard has shown ZERO growth, it didn't learn even one move this whole arc and proceeded to wreck everything in his path.

Ash's Charizard>>>>>>>>>>>>>Alain's Haxzard ANY day of the week. Ash's Charizard has shown so much growth and completely deserves the power level he is at and is actually believable.

keepitsimple

site of lies
And people really want him to be Ash's final opponent in the league like wtf?? We really need another Trollbias moment where Ash uses 5 pokemon to beat the HAXED Charizard before it finally goes down and he pulls another mega out of his *** from no where.

You can't battle with two megas

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
You can't battle with two megas

No, you can't use two at the same time, if Charizard goes down, he should be able to use another mega.