• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolution IV (XY SP)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I finally saw this and I gotta admit that I didn't like Mairin's misadventure much compared to what Alain went through. My biggest regret was how the mega battles didn't last too long but Malva losing was a surprise for me.

Pikachu52

What I can't believe is that they actually showed the globe without being obscured by clouds. I think it's actually kind of ridiculous. While each region is based off of a real-world location, there's no way that the topography of the Pokemon World is the same as our Earth. This causes many many problems. The biggest problem is that each region is roughly the same size, which means that it isn't possible to match up with their real-world equivalents, as there's no way that New York City is the same size as France.

To be fair we only saw a little bit of the globe up close - the Horn of Africa and Arabia. Most of the globe was either obscured by the angle or covered in cloud. The Pokémon world could easily be similar to the real world with a few continents altered

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
To be fair we only saw a little bit of the globe up close - the Horn of Africa and Arabia. Most of the globe was either obscured by the angle or covered in cloud. The Pokémon world could easily be similar to the real world with a few continents altered

Had to look around to find an image.

https://40.media.tumblr.com/591b3c4ada0c854415f74a6628df7935/tumblr_nx0a6wFbc01tmac17o1_500.jpg

We can see at least half of Africa, half of the Americas, and a decent portion of Europe. Specifically to my example, we can see part of France and the state of New York. The problem still stands, at least as far as I'm concerned.

I'm just going to assume that this was a case of the animators either getting lazy or slipping up. I am not going to count this as a canon potrayol of the Pokemon World.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I'm just going to say that the globe is just a stock map. I'm not even going to get to the old days of the anime where real fish were seen and things like Paris existed.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
I just hope those trainers come back sometime. They seem like a interesting bunch.

T'would be a shame to waste such colorful designs and (apparently) over the top personalities on them being cannon fodder (in battles we barely see no less)

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
You do realize this anime is pretty much Pokemon fan fiction in official form, right.

But it's still official, and does a place in the canon.

I'm not even going to get to the old days of the anime where real fish were seen and things like Paris existed.

I thought we were past that kind of stuff at this point, that's my problem.

Pikachu52

Had to look around to find an image.

https://40.media.tumblr.com/591b3c4ada0c854415f74a6628df7935/tumblr_nx0a6wFbc01tmac17o1_500.jpg

We can see at least half of Africa, half of the Americas, and a decent portion of Europe. Specifically to my example, we can see part of France and the state of New York. The problem still stands, at least as far as I'm concerned.

I'm just going to assume that this was a case of the animators either getting lazy or slipping up. I am not going to count this as a canon potrayol of the Pokemon World.

In fairness references to those places have occurred within the anime. Mew was said to be originally from Guyana, Misty thinks about Paris in "School of hard knocks," Ash references the US state of Minnesota in "Mewtwo Strikes back," Delia refers to Holywood as being in the US state of California in "Go west young Meowth," and in "The Scheme Team," Giovanni sends Jessie, James and Meowth on an assignment to Antartica.

That being said I agree with you that the use of the real world globe with no obvious Pokémon regions on it is, is lazy writing. It's a pity they haven't released a map of the Pokémon officially yet, although I suppose it would be impossible to do without prejudicing the creation of future regions. There is a globe map in Pokémon super mystery dungeon but it probably doesn't count as it's implied the world in Mystery Dungeon series and the main series are separate locations.

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I just hope those trainers come back sometime. They seem like a interesting bunch.

T'would be a shame to waste such colorful designs and (apparently) over the top personalities on them being cannon fodder (in battles we barely see no less)

Ha ha the mega Venusaur trainer in particular was interesting to me so I also hope we'll see more of him and not just the minor battle scene he got here.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
How awful in Marin's dub voice? I was watching it and for a supposedly rookie trainer who should be around 10-12, it doesn't fit and too loud.

Decent episode regardless. The battles were a bit too short, and Malva losing still seems off.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
How awful in Marin's dub voice? I was watching it and for a supposedly rookie trainer who should be around 10-12, it doesn't fit and too loud.

Decent episode regardless. The battles were a bit too short, and Malva losing still seems off.

I personally don't think it's that bad, but I don't find problems with most of the dub voices.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes

TheMaster327

One of the things I couldn't get my head round was who the hell gives Alakazam Psycho Cut? Alakazam's physical Attack is low. Very low even as a Mega.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
One of the things I couldn't get my head round was who the hell gives Alakazam Psycho Cut? Alakazam's physical Attack is low. Very low even as a Mega.

Tell that to the woman who somehow made Fairy Wind look OP in a M-Wavile tearing a M-Lucario a new one.

In this universe, I don't doubt a M-Aggron with Tackle can tear a building in one go.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
I love how they ended 2015 with what is essentially the lead into Zygarde mythos. Nice timing.

I rather enjoyed the voice acting for this episode too. That little growl at the end by Alain (Johnathan Silver) felt so real. I've been that mad before. lol.

And Malva (Samara Naeymi), something about her felt like a perfect fit. She just sounded right, and I'm not sure how else to describe it.

Last edited:

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
The anime has never separated physical attack and special attack stats as far as I know. Basically if a pokemon has a lot of power then so will its attacks, regardless of whether they are physical or special.

<><><>

Malva had a great voice here, its too bad such a cool character is so morally ambiguous (admittedly her rather twisted worldview does make her interesting).