• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolution IV (XY SP)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Mega Evolution IV

Alain's journey in pursuit of becoming the strongest once again takes him to the Kalos region. Wanting to become even stronger, he bets his Mega Ring and Mega Stone on being able to defeat 10 Mega Evolution users in a row.
Alain throws himself into battle. Mairin is worried sick about Alain. And Mairin's partner, Hari-san the Chespin, meets a mysterious being. It all leads up to something seriously major..

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
The special starts with Act IV. The special starts with a lot of flashbacks and a movie like introduction.

Manon AND Stevens had arrived to the Kalos region.

Alain is about to do the 10 Mega Evolution challenge. How Alain will do? Before the callenge starts, Malva appears.

The challenge starts.
Battle 1: Mega Charizard X vs Mega Venusaur. alain wins.

There's a map of the world (it represents the real life world? My Peninsula was visible on that map. While ALan was battling, Manon and Steven was seeing a globe with a map of the world: it resembles the real life world.

Battle 2: Mega Charizard X vs Mega Alakazam. Alain wins .
This battle and with the other battles which are quick scenes until the Battle 6. At the end of battle 6 Manon reunites with Alain.

Manon leaves the arena where Alan was battling and Manon is very sad. Hari-san hears something while Manon is even more sad.

Hari-San enters in a laboratory where a lot of Zygarde cores appear. The sceientifics try to do soemthing with vaious Zygarde cells and a Zygarde Core (it will be Puni-chan?).

Battle between m Charizard and Pinsir. Alan Wins. Alan has won 9 battles.

Malva appears. Lysandre and Steven are about to watch the battle with Malva/Pachira.

Battle 10: Mega Charizard X vs Mega Houndoom .

In the middle of the battle, Manon found out that Hari-san is sick.

ALAN WINS AGAINST MALVA.

Joy informs about Hari-san and is more worried.

Alain sees the conversation and it looks furious. Alan runs off. A mysterious person appears.
A battle between M Charizard and M Banette starts while Manon is worried about Manon.
Act IV ends with a scene of Zygarde Core.

Last edited:

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
So most likely the "Puni-chan" that Bonnie finds is the one that "Hari-san" saved in the TF Lab.

Wonder why "Hari-san" has that glow around its body. Could it be that Puni-chan transferred some of his power into him.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
So most likely the "Puni-chan" that Bonnie finds is the one that "Hari-san" saved in the TF Lab.

Wonder why "Hari-san" has that glow around its body. Could it be that Puni-chan transferred some of his power into him.

That was always the most likely scenario..

Here comes Mega Houndoom vs. MC-X
- Flamethrower, does nothing to regular Houndoom... I'm betting Flash Fire..
- Houndoom evolves!
- Mega H uses Flamethrower..
- MC-X takes it..
- Smog or Smokescreen..
- MC-X uses Flamethrower..
- Steel Wing vs. horns?
- Fire Fang does tons of damage to MC-X
- Mega Houndoom is on top of MC-X..
- Flamethrower to the face of Mega Houndoom!
- Dark Pulse vs. Dragon Claw, dodged and bitten onto..
- Flamethrower clash!
- Mega Houndoom is putting in work!
- Blast Burn actually wrecks Mega Houndoom!

This basically means that Malva is beatable if Ash-Greninja can tie with MC-X...

Last edited:

Xuxuba

So Chespin is really sick and Manon is crying a lot. This saga does look a lot more darker.

Also Alain defeated Malva.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
So Malva's anime version is that weak? Or it's just that Alain is that strong? There's no way Ash could win against Alain at this point.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
Alain won?! Wow, that's… surprising. But nonetheless, it's good to see that his Charizard's all the more stronger. It's probably because of how motivated he is to protect what's important to him.

And from what's been said in the episodes, it looks like the ones he should be protecting are in a lot of trouble. BTW, did he ever find out about Lysandre's true intentions, or anything corresponding to Team Flare at all during the special?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Alain winning all 10 battles. I expected him to do that because his Mega Charizard X seems quite powerful.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Well this was pretty mh at some points, so instead of making a conclusion to the special they use this special as a setup for the new series(only), the Mega evo Special should have its own conclusion, frankly we should have an Act 5 for Manon and Alain.

I guess that is why Manon is nowhere to be found since she will be with Chespin.

I mean I like the setups, I just felt that it deserved something of its own not just be a setup.

The battle against Houndoom was decent though and I assume Satoshi is never beating him because he just beat an Elite Four, no one has beaten an elite four in the anime besides a champion I believe.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Alain beat Malva wow. Ash won't have a chance against him if they ever battle. Cheapie seems to have gotten sick or something and Alain seemed mad for some reason after finding out.

10/10

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Alain beat Malva wow. Ash won't have a chance against him if they ever battle. Cheapie seems to have gotten sick or something and Alain seemed mad for some reason after finding out.

10/10

Its his friend pokemon, why wouldn't he be mad? not knowing Japanese I'm assuming Lysandre made it seems like Puni-chan is the "evil" here, so he is pissed at mini Zygarde.

Master Quest

Let's do it
What the heck

Alain won against malva unbelievable

I thought people were joking at first.

So Alain was never meant to be ash's rival then if he can beat malva then he will wreck ash.

But was malva confirmed to be an e4 member in the anime? because it could also happen that she is not an e4 member in the anime.

Last edited:

dp045

So Alan not only win 10 consecutive battles against other users Mega, if not that also beat Malva that is E4? it seems that we have the "Tobias" Kalos, but at least we see more of this and their battles.

XxlapsxX

Well... to my mind Alain has been overpowered more than it was necessary. Beating a E4 member after other nine battles, hmmm. Ash is just gonna be raped.

AshSerena

What the heck

Alain won against malva unbelievable

I thought people were joking at first.

So Alain was never meant to be ash's rival then if he can beat malva then he will wreck ash.

But was malva confirmed to be an e4 member in the anime? because it could also happen that she is not an e4 member in the anime.

Alan mention about Malva being E4 during the Episode so im pretty sure she is E4, who knows Malva might not serious battling Alan
it seems Alan wants to get stronger so he can protect important people(manon and prof sycamore flashback show)
Alan dsnt want to travel with Manon anymore cause of danger.
Alan said he wont get stronger if he's together with Manon(tho i know he's lying when he said that) and left the arena with sad face

Last edited:

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Alan fought the following Mega Pokemon's (only 8 of the 10 were shown),

Mega Venusaur, Mega Alakazam, Mega Heracross, Mega Scizor, Mega Ampharos, Mega Aggron, Mega Pinsir, Mega Houndoom

Last edited:

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
If Ash and Alain face off, there is no way I can see Ash Greninja beating his Mega Charizard X at this point. Alain beat a member of the Elite Four, I reiterate, a member of the Elite 4! That has never happened before save for other Champions. If Alain is ever blackmailed into serving Team Flare more directly and Ash has to face him in battle, he'll need a Mega to even stand a chance of making a fight of it. And it will have to be a strong and proven Mega Evolution capable Pokémon like Charizard (X or Y) or Sceptile.

Master Quest

Let's do it
who knows Malva might not be seriously battling Alan

Yeah that can happen because i don't see how can writers let an elite 4 member loose because they are treated like gods in the anime.

How can Alian beat malva when his MC X could only land one attack on Siebold's blastoise which did very little damage and in the end he himself admitted that he is no match to one of the elite 4 and in steven's case also Alain's MC X's super effective blast burn attack did almost no damage to steven's mega metagross.

If Alain really defeated malva in a fair fight then things are going to be very unpredictable from now on.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
If Ash and Alain face off, there is no way I can see Ash Greninja beating his Mega Charizard X at this point. Alain beat a member of the Elite Four, I reiterate, a member of the Elite 4! That has never happened before save for other Champions. If Alain is ever blackmailed into serving Team Flare more directly and Ash has to face him in battle, he'll need a Mega to even stand a chance of making a fight of it. And it will have to be a strong and proven Mega Evolution capable Pokémon like Charizard (X or Y) or Sceptile.

Well this is the anime, and we have no knowledge as to how powerful the Ash-Greninja form would be, so we can't say anything yet.

They could even showcase Ash-Greninja be on equal terms in power against a Mega Pokemon.

As for Alan defeating Malva, while its true that he defeated her, but on the other hand we don't really know how serious she was in her fight. For most of the battle that i could watch, she seemed like in control and not losing her composure, not even when that last Blast Burn was used.

It could be entirely possible that she may have went easy on him on Lysandre's order.

Well there is also the other possibility that she on the other hand could actually be the weakest of the Elite 4 in Kalos.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Wow. Alian defeated a member of an Elite Four, Malva. Unexpected indeed. After seeing that battle, then this will be even harder for Ash now.