• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolution VS Gigantamax! (1175)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1175.jpg

Mega Evolution VS Gigantamax!

Ash & Bea's battle keeps going back and forth. However, eventually the match gets to the point where they are both left with one Pokémon; Ash & Lucario and Bea & Machamp. With their backs against the wall, they unleash their powers with Bea Gigantamaxing Machamp and Ash Mega Evolving Lucario for the first time. Will Ash manage to get a victory against Bea?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
You know I have low expectations for this show in general, but bringing Sirfetch’d in just to lose to Hawlucha a SECOND time, and in just a quick battle where it basically gets one shotted at that, is just unreal. I’m struggling to find words to actually express how disappointed I am, just with the thought process behind this decision to begin with. Utter buffoonery.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
You know I have low expectations for this show in general, but bringing Sirfetch’d in just to lose to Hawlucha a SECOND time, and in just a quick battle where it basically gets one shotted at that, is just unreal. I’m struggling to find words to actually express how disappointed I am, just with the thought process behind this decision to begin with. Utter buffoonery.
I agree...

Dragonite or Gengar, I think, would perform better...

UnovaMaster

Jobfetch'd happened guys, but get over it that's like its only loss as a Sirfetch'd

But yeah lol same thing as Volkner, stupid executives mandating Lucario get 4 wins and Pika not look too weak

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
they pull the "underdog clutches" trope
I was afraid this would happen, and it very much sours the entire episode.

Making Sirfetch'd a fall guy (Of all the! The nerve...), in such a quick and cheap manner, is an instant negative to the episode, especially in favor of Pikachu claiming glory over Hawlucha. It doesn't help that neither of the two softened up Bea's Pokemon to an extent that it's believable for a weakened Lucario to solo both Grapploct and Machamp (it tanked some serious hits here and in the previous episode too). They pretty much got every match-up out of the way within the first half, including knocking out 4 Pokemon, and left the second half to the final 1v1. That's some poor pacing.

The animation and battle choreography was pretty damn cool though, Iwane finally brought out the big guns. Might need an epilepsy warning though.

Last edited: