• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolution VS Gigantamax! (1175)

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
I'm glad that Ash won this big battle against his recent rival, Bea. His Mega Lucario is something else. Pretty nice battle. I can't believe that Cynthia would be participating in World Coronation Series.

Torpoleon

That remix of the Galar trainer theme during the climax of Lucario VS Machamp was so awesome to hear! Hope it gets used a lot going forward. Hope we get a clean version one day.

PCN24454

I honestly don't know what people were expecting from this episode. They literally showed what the episode was going to be about in the title.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
The glory of one Pokemon doesn't have to come at the cost of another getting the shaft. This isn't complicated.

D

Deleted member 384931

The ending to their "rivalry" wasnt the satisfaction I expected. The ending that she would call him Satoshi was predictable.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
This battle felt off. I only enjoyed the Hawlucha vs Pikachu fight tbh. I knew the moment Ash caught Farfetch’d that it’d get the short end of the stick for Lucario so I can’t be too surprised but come on let the actually cool Fighting Type get to shine. Lucario being tanky has always been dumb but seeing it take those attacks from Bea’s Pokémon was some bs lol. Steel Beam gives Lucario some much needed diversity but would’ve liked Meteor Mash more personally. As for the clash between GMax & Mega Evolution, it was very underwhelming. This was a very mediocre end to their rivalry. The highlight for me was seeing Bea’s Pokémon lol 5/10

D

Deleted member 384931

This battle felt off. I only enjoyed the Hawlucha vs Pikachu fight tbh. I knew the moment Ash caught Farfetch’d that it’d get the short end of the stick for Lucario so I can’t be too surprised but come on let the actually cool Fighting Type get to shine. Lucario being tanky has always been dumb but seeing it take those attacks from Bea’s Pokémon was some bs lol. Steel Beam gives Lucario some much needed diversity but would’ve liked Meteor Mash more personally. As for the clash between GMax & Mega Evolution, it was very underwhelming. This was a very mediocre end to their rivalry. The highlight for me was seeing Bea’s Pokémon lol 5/10
I feel the same. Hawlucha vs Pikachu was the best part. Lucario vs Machamp was meh.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
It still bothers me that Ash's first official match against a Dynamax Pokémon didn't even make Dynamax feel threatening or respectable in the least. Like, remember in XY, when Ash battled Korrina, Hawlucha and Fletchinder had to soften up Korrina's Mega Lucario for Pikachu to take the win, even after Ash had seen it in action several times? In SM, Z-moves had to blocked or dodged unless you wanted risk getting KO-ed, and we even had an episode dedicated to showing how neither Z-moves nor Mega Evolution were explicitly better than the other, but that it depended on how you used it and how strong your Pokémon were.

Here, Machamp's Max moves were all basically shrugged off by Mega Lucario, and it couldn't knock anyone out in G-max or regular form. Machamp was basically the fall guy of Bea's team, and considering even Ash's fall guy Sirfetch'd was outplaying it, Machamp might even be the weakest Pokémon in this whole battle.

D

Deleted member 384931

It still bothers me that Ash's first official match against a Dynamax Pokémon didn't even make Dynamax feel threatening or respectable in the least. Like, remember in XY, when Ash battled Korrina, Hawlucha and Fletchinder had to soften up Korrina's Mega Lucario for Pikachu to take the win, even after Ash had seen it in action several times? In SM, Z-moves had to blocked or dodged unless you wanted risk getting KO-ed, and we even had an episode dedicated to showing how neither Z-moves nor Mega Evolution were explicitly better than the other, but that it depended on how you used it and how strong your Pokémon were.

Here, Machamp's Max moves were all basically shrugged off by Mega Lucario, and it couldn't knock anyone out in G-max or regular form. Machamp was basically the fall guy of Bea's team, and considering even Ash's fall guy Sirfetch'd was outplaying it, Machamp might even be the weakest Pokémon in this whole battle.
It sucks I know. That promises for the Master 8. I hope they dont screw that up.

D

Deleted member 384931

It figures the writers actually respected the "3 Max Moves and time to shrink" clause just because that'd mean less of a bother to use more of the animation budget. Though, yeah, it was pretty cheap Lucario shrugged those off. This only implies that Dynamax isn't as threatening as the saga makes it out to be.
It is clear as day and night

TheNewGuy

I'm still having a hard time believing that Machamp was her Ace, while it did put Lucario on the defensive last week at the start, once sirfetch'd came in it couldn't do much and was forced to be withdrawn, and then later on despite G-maxing, it could hardly slow Mega Lucario down at all.

If they wrote and stated it as her Ace simply due to the gimmick alone (which really seems to be the case here) that's pretty stupid if you ask me.

Grapploct will always be her "True" ace in my opinion since it actually proved to be a threat in all of ash's fights with the thing, and it beat Pikachu twice without resorting to gimmicks at all.

I think in this battle at least Machamp was very clearly presented as an ace. It wouldn't be the first time, as many Pokemon with a Z-move or a Mega Evo have been held up as a trainers' ace in the past.

Blood Red

【推しの子】

Guess even TPC doesn't wanna waste time marketing GMax, especially at the expense of one of Ash's most marketable Pokémon. Plus, Mega Evolution might come back in the future; Dynamax, on the other hand, seems like it's about to die in Galar itself.
How did it end? First, Bea finally stated that she would face Satoshi again sometime. Secondly, Bea is still attending the PWC, so there is still a chance that they will have to face each other again.
Oh c'mon, we both know her time is up. At most, they'll fodderize her to build up some other strong rival for Ash. Realistically, she'll get a cameo as a spectator for Ash vs Leon.

DuskAstral

Oh c'mon, we both know her time is up. At most, they'll fodderize her to build up some other strong rival for Ash. Realistically, she'll get a cameo as a spectator for Ash vs Leon.
If it was only to appear as a cameo, why would there be lyrics that she would fight Satoshi again? If the creators really did not want the two to face each other again, I think this sentence would never be said.