• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolution VS Gigantamax! (1175)

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
What's the point of " cool " if there's no compelling edifice behind it? Describing a play by play of the episode isn't substance. The reason why Sirfarfetch'd losing is disappointing is because its screen time and overall impact/development in the series has been incredibly minimal, especially after its so-called arc.
Appreciating the battle for the fights given between the Pokemon even if the end result isn't a 100% success or victory. Neither Pikachu nor the duck got their "revenge" for their losses before but they still contributed in a fun and enjoyable way even if they weren't the stars. Ultimately it just sounds like PM's choices on a conceptual level are going to be flawed to some (I have a few criticisms of it myself even.) but I like to look at it and appreciate it for what it is not what it isn't. The writers just seem keen to give each series its own identity after the OS-DP triad in a sense.
You know what would actually make the new way it used Brutal Swing " cool " for me? Maybe if Ash actually trained with Sirfarfetch'd to create the new move and this was the conclusion of it.
But he did? That was the point of its training, to "Aim to Become a Leek Master" now it is one. That's just a different style of using its leek that suits its new form from a rogue samurai to a noble knight. It was just a cool on-the-fly choice in animating that showed us a bit of what makes the onion duck great and lovable.

ChampioN One

The chosen One!
Man Sirfetch'd should be the one to defeat Hawlucha and not Pikachu. This is just BS! Also I think Lucario One shotting Grapploct was kinda lame.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Why does Ash even have half of his team members if all they do is sit on their tail feathers for months on end, only to show up just to lose? All Sirfetch'd did in the half a year since it evolved was open a letter. This battle was terrible, and it's frustrating how much Journeys manages to irritate me on a regular basis. That's never happened before. Christ, I'm turning into Zoruagible.
Almost as if...

(Bear with me, I know this might come as a shock)

Training your pokemon is important

nuzamaki90

The really sad thing is that Sirfetch and Pikachu lost very fast and with few hits while Lucario endured a lot of hits, that's pretty stupid
Lucario is a Steel-type too, that’s why. Majority of the attacks it were hit by, it resisted because of its typing. The only move I was confused by at first watch was Chi Strike but then upon rewatch I saw that Mega Lucario created an aura shield right before it got hit.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Man Sirfetch'd should be the one to defeat Hawlucha and not Pikachu. This is just BS!
True.
Also I think Lucario One shotting Grapploct was kinda lame.
Nah, that was the good part. The octopus being floored in one hit was the most satisfying thing of this battle.

Anyway, I don't understand much about japanese, but was Korrina pointing/complaining how stronger Ash still will get, after defeat Bea?

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
I know people are mad that Sirfetch'd jobbed again (I am too) but I don't see much talk about how pathetic Machamp was. Like neither Lucario nor Sirfetch'd gave it any significant damage in its first appearance, G-max actually did nothing, and Lucario basically steamrolled through Machamp and Grapploct.

The only good parts of this episode were Ash's tricks, like Reversal from the feet and Pikachu bouncing with QA.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Lucario is a Steel-type too, that’s why. Majority of the attacks it were hit by, it resisted because of its typing. The only move I was confused by at first watch was Chi Strike but then upon rewatch I saw that Mega Lucario created an aura shield right before it got hit.
Literally the only two attack it resisted in these two ep was bullet punch and max strike. Everything else was either neutral or super effective, with STAB to boot.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Sirfetch'd losing, AGAIN to Hawlucha is honestly such a dumbass decision and so irritating it takes away from the rest of the episode for me. How hard was it to let Pikachu lose? Ugh that decision was so damn irritating.
I'm guessing it will get another arc of learning Meteor Assault soon enough but it really didn't need to lose here
Also BS on all the people saying Lucario is a screenhog or overexposed in this series again and again, they didn't want it to have focus and be the centre of attention during its OWN arc? Idc what anyone else claims it reeks of pure bias against Lucario, simple as that

Martinat388

He did the thing!
Honestly, I still liked the episode, but man was it stupid for Sirfetch'd to job. I don't really mind how Machamp was defeated since they referenced dynamax having limited turns. But seriously, I have a feeling Sirfetch'd will have it worse than Noivern.

This is honestly worse than Gengar falling, because Sirfetch'd lost to Hawlucha before.

Sirfetch'd losing, AGAIN to Hawlucha is honestly such a dumbass decision and so irritating it takes away from the rest of the episode for me. How hard was it to let Pikachu lose? Ugh that decision was so damn irritating.
I'm guessing it will get another arc of learning Meteor Assault soon enough but it really didn't need to lose here
Also BS on all the people saying Lucario is a screenhog or overexposed in this series again and again, they didn't want it to have focus and be the centre of attention during its OWN arc? Idc what anyone else claims it reeks of pure bias against Lucario, simple as that
I wouldn't count on it having an arc, if the mega stone is anything to go off of.