• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
Ah that makes more sense, but I didn't know you could view the description of items when they were held. I thought you could only view the descrption when its in the trainer bag. I might not remember, but was this feature in BW/BW2?
It must be a new feature of XY since we haven't been able to do that in any games yet.

Naito

One thing that bothers me about mega-evos (even though I like them a lot) is that everyone suddenly wants only the old pokemon on their team. I know it's kind of an improvement, but people seem to almost forget about the new pokemon. If I'll get my hands on the game, I am deffinitely going to use the new pokemon.

JW1004

One thing that bothers me about mega-evos (even though I like them a lot) is that everyone suddenly wants only the old pokemon on their team. I know it's kind of an improvement, but people seem to almost forget about the new pokemon. If I'll get my hands on the game, I am deffinitely going to use the new pokemon.

I am planning to do a team with 4 to 5 new ones and one or two old ones all together. I wanna experience the new ones the most, with wanting to check out a couple of mega's. But the focus will be on the new ones for me!

sunny phoenix

i dont really get this new old pokemon thing many bring up and why they are bothered about if others wants to use old pokemon.... they are all pokemon and everyone can use whatever theyy want... and speaking of megas well can u really blame people?? megas has outshined every new pokemon of x and y, although megas are also new technically

Naito

i dont really get this new old pokemon thing many bring up and why they are bothered about if others wants to use old pokemon.... they are all pokemon and everyone can use whatever theyy want... and speaking of megas well can u really blame people?? megas has outshined every new pokemon of x and y, although megas are also new technically

I am not blaming anyone, they can use whatever they want as you said, but it makes me worried that the magas took all the spotlight and the new pokemon won't get that much love this time. It is new generation in the first place and the mega forms are just the bonus. But some people (not necessarily here) are already preparing their team with 4 megas without even knowing the rest of the 6th generation. It seems like the new pokemon are totally pointless then.

Last edited:

sunny phoenix

I am not blaming anyone, they can use whatever they want, but it makes me worried that the magas took all the spotlight and the new pokemon won't get that much love this time. It is new generation in the first place and the mega forms are just the bonus. But some people (not necessarily here) are already preparing their team with 4 megas without even knowing the rest of the 6th generation. It seems like the new pokemon are totally pointless then.

wasnt stated somewhere that u can only have one mega in battle? (of course this can mean many things)

Well i agree that new pokemon got completly outshined.... personally the mega things would be a good addition to a remake gen... cause that way they could add an extra flavor and they arent techically new pokmemons, they are forms

Last edited:

Naito

wasnt stated somewhere that u can only have one mega in battle? (of course this can mean many things)

I don't know if that's confirmed, if yes, that'd be better. Of course I too would like to check the new formes, but building the whole team of them? No...

Well i agree that new pokemon got completly outshined.... personally the mega things would be a good addition to a remake gen... cause that way they could add an extra flavor and theyr eally arent new pokmeons they are forms

Exactly what I was thinking about.

Comments in bold

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
I Believe it was confirmed you can only have one on each team, yes. ^^

Nyoah

The Dark Azure
The Lucarionite is being viewed in the Items menu where everything has a x1, and the Blazikenite is being viewed as a held item so it doesn't need to say how many since a Pokemon can only hold one item. To answer a related question you might have, MegaStones are most likely not consumable since we can only get Blazikenite via event.

they've shown a screenshot of the lucarionite item? where does it have an x1 next to it?

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I Believe it was confirmed you can only have one on each team, yes. ^^

As far as I know, it was only said that you can have only one Mega Evolution "in battle."

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
As far as I know, it was only said that you can only have one Mega Evolution "in-battle."

Yep. Only one at a time. Now I wonder how priority works if both Pokemon that has been sent out can "megavolve".

GerudoPrince

Desert Glider
Yep. Only one at a time. Now I wonder how priority works if both Pokemon that has been sent out can "megavolve".

Do we know if it's an instant transform once they get sent out? Or will it take a turn?

Lilligantastic

Yeah I've noticed that too, but I think it's just a consequence of megas being the big news right now. Once we get more new pokemon/other things to talk about then things will settle down on the mega-evos front.

empireyin

So let's analyse:
Lucario has lucario-nite
Blaziken has blaziken-ite

So what if they decided to let Dragonite "megavolve" ? :p

Mega Charizard

So let's analyse:
Lucario has lucario-nite

They'd probably just call his the dragon stone or something. They usually make these puns and bad name choices on purose so I'd assume they already considered that.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
So let's analyse:
Lucario has lucario-nite

Dragonitore.

Status
Not open for further replies.