• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolve Pokémon has yet to Anime Debut

TomRC121991

So far Pokémon can Mega Evolve debute in anime series such as...
XY Series
  • Mega Blaziken (XY001: Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!)
  • Mega Gardevoir (XY028: The Bonds of Evolution!)
  • Mega Lucario (XY032: The Aura Storm!)
  • Mega Mawile (XY034: The Bonds of Mega Evolution!)
  • Mega Garchomp (XY068: Garchomp's Mega Bond!)
  • Mega Charizard X (XY106: A Meeting of Two Journeys!)
  • Mega Audino (XY096: A Giga Battle with Mega Results!)
  • Mega Abomasnow (XY122: A Real Icebreaker!)
  • Mega Charizard Y (XY125: A League of His Own!)
  • Mega Absol (XY126: Valuable Experience for All!)
  • Mega Sceptile (XY126: Valuable Experience for All!)
  • Mega Gyarados (XY133: Coming Apart at the Dreams!)
  • Mega Metagross (XY134: The Right Hero for the Right Job!)
  • Mega Houndoom (XY134: The Right Hero for the Right Job!)

Sun & Moon Series
  • Mega Steelix (SM043: When Regions Collide!)
  • Mega Aggron (SM089: The Prism Between Light and Darkness!)
  • Mega Kangaskhan (SM130: Battling Besties!)
Mega Evolve Pokémon will yet to upcoming appeared
  • Mega Venusaur
  • Mega Blastoise
  • Mega Beedrill
  • Mega Pidgeot
  • Mega Alakazam
  • Mega Slowbro
  • Mega Gengar
  • Mega Pinsir
  • Mega Aerodactyl
  • Mega Mewtwo X
  • Mega Mewtwo Y
  • Mega Ampharos
  • Mega Scizor
  • Mega Tyranitar
  • Mega Swampert
  • Mega Sableye
  • Mega Sharpedo
  • Mega Camerupt
  • Mega Altaria
  • Mega Banette
  • Mega Glalie
  • Mega Salamence
  • Mega Rayquaza
  • Mega Lopunny
  • Mega Gallade
  • Mega Diancie

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Most of these have either debuted in a movie or the Mega Evo Specials.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I doubt we're going to see much of Mega Evolutions in the current series outside of Mega Lucario from Korrina Cameo episode. Dynamax and Gigantamax are the gimmicks now, but they might going to compare them against Mega Evolutions and Z-moves or have a cameo character who is known to Mega Evolve like Korrina in the future episodes.

Red and Blue

Any few Mega Evolution that have yet to debut can be used by future PWC opponents from Kalos I guess.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I doubt we're going to see much of Mega Evolutions in the current series outside of Mega Lucario from Korrina Cameo episode. Dynamax and Gigantamax are the gimmicks now, but they might going to compare them against Mega Evolutions and Z-moves or have a cameo character who is known to Mega Evolve like Korrina in the future episodes.

it's been established that like the games, in the anime Dyna/gigantamaxing can't be done outside of Galar, but Mega Evolution and Z-moves can be used anywhere in the world.

I seriously doubt all of Ash's major fights are going to happen in Galar alone, so why not use the other gimmicks to make fights outside Galar more intense?

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'm not quite sure why they didn't debut Mega Mewtwo X during Mewtwo's recent return episode given that it would've been the perfect chance to do so even if it had to happen through contrived means. I realize that Mega Evolution isn't exactly a big selling point these days, but for completion's sake, I would've wanted to see Mega Mewtwo X.

Red and Blue

I'm not quite sure why they didn't debut Mega Mewtwo X during Mewtwo's recent return episode given that it would've been the perfect chance to do so even if it had to happen through contrived means. I realize that Mega Evolution isn't exactly a big selling point these days, but for completion's sake, I would've wanted to see Mega Mewtwo X.
His base form was enough to overwhelm both Cinderace and Lucario. Mega evolving against those two would have been completely unnecessary.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Red and Blue said:
His base form was enough to overwhelm both Cinderace and Lucario. Mega evolving against those two would have been completely unnecessary.

If he was going to overwhelm them no matter what, then I don't see how him Mega Evolving would've changed anything in terms of the battle's result. At least it would've been an interesting aesthetic change as well as a chance to mark Mega Mewtwo X off the list of unused Mega Evolutions.

Red and Blue

If he was going to overwhelm them no matter what, then I don't see how him Mega Evolving would've changed anything in terms of the battle's result. At least it would've been an interesting aesthetic change as well as a chance to mark Mega Mewtwo X off the list of unused Mega Evolutions.
The fact that Mega Evolution wouldn't have added anything is the point. If Mewtwo was strong enough to wipe the floor with them as he was then he really didn't need to Mega Evolve at all.

If he is going to Mega Evolve it should be in a situation that warrants it. Which could happen if they bring that Mewtwo back in the future