• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega-Mega Meowth Madness! (813)

Mega Missingno

Bonnie & Serena's mocking of the TR motto made me recall Ash, Brock, Duplika, and Misty's mocking of it, which I think was better. At least they got to finish it, whereas Bonnie and Serena didn't.

Is anybody else slightly bothered, for lack of a better word, by how easily Clemont is being developed?

I mean, he joins Ash to find courage and discover his own inner strength, but it doesn't seem to be a very difficult journey. He has already defeated his rogue robotic creation, stood up to this father, bum-rushed Team Rocket last episode, and then dove to save Chespin from being crushed by Mega Meowth.

Like...I was hoping it would take him longer, and he'll struggle to have that same breathtaking chutzpah as Ash, but he already seems to display tremendous audacity/temerity already. I mean, I guess I shouldn't expect a kids show to have complex writing, but I did imagine that such goal as this would have taken longer to attain nonetheless.

I think there's still room for development for Clemont, considering the fact that this episode confirmed everyone's suspicions that Limone, his father, is Blaziken Mask. I am pretty sure the reasons why Limone dresses in a Mega Blaziken suit and jumps across rooftops will shed more light on not only Clemont's character, but Bonnie's as well.

Bonnie & Serena's mocking of the TR motto made me recall Ash, Brock, Duplika, and Misty's mocking of it, which I think was better. At least they got to finish it, whereas Bonnie and Serena didn't.

Well, TR didn't like that, so they stopped it midway. I don't see how a finished motto exactly makes it better immediately.

PokeMaster366

I think there's still room for development for Clemont, considering the fact that this episode confirmed everyone's suspicions that Limone, his father, is Blaziken Mask. I am pretty sure the reasons why Limone dresses in a Mega Blaziken suit and jumps across rooftops will shed more light on not only Clemont's character, but Bonnie's as well.

Well, TR didn't like that, so they stopped it midway. I don't see how a finished motto exactly makes it better immediately.

If those assistants to Professor Sycamore from the game show up in the anime, I bet they will be Blaziken Mask's sidekicks.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Except that the anime usually doesn't incorporate nameless characters from games into its sagas. I doubt that'll happen.

He's talking about Sina and Dexio, they're neither nameless nor generic irrelevant NPCs.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
The sub I was watching called has TR saying we'll finally deliver "The STRONGEST Pikachu" to the boss. Now that either means that a)TR duo is just hyping up their capture or b)TR, the organization, actually had something to do with Ash's Pikachu in the past ad we might (I doubt it) get some backstory on that (maybe infused him with a light ball or something like that)
It'd make sense as to why we've gone 800+ episodes with these guys trying to catch Pikachu.

However I'm sure this is just me rambling and am 95% sure this'll never be touched on again.

He's talking about Sina and Dexio, they're neither nameless nor generic irrelevant NPCs.

Still, they haven't appeared in XY yet, and considering that Sycamore's assistants have already been prominently shown in the same episodes he's appeared in, I doubt they'll appear.

Mega Missingno

It wasn't the completed motto that made it better. I just think that their mocked version of it was funnier; maybe because there were more people in on it, back then.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Still, they haven't appeared in XY yet, and considering that Sycamore's assistants have already been prominently shown in the same episodes he's appeared in, I doubt they'll appear.

since in the game they appear when flabebe ws introduced, now i'm thinking could they appear in the anime with the same reason?

Sephora

yes I'm back

I disagree. Just because they didn't appear early on in the series, doesn't mean the writers might not incorporate them into the story later on.

It was a huge bummer that they revealed his identity so early in the series

I disagree. Just because they didn't appear early on in the series, doesn't mean the writers might not incorporate them into the story later on.

I don't know, don't the assistants get introduced in the same episode as their employers? They certainly can appear later, but I'm really doubting it right now.

It was a huge bummer that they revealed his identity so early in the series

Actually, it's not really that big of a bummer to me. We now know that Blaziken Mask is actually the father of two of the main characters. Which leaves the question as to why he's masquerading around Lumiose City as a Mega Blaziken, and if his reasons have anything to do with Clemont and Bonnie, further implying possible character development.

PokeMaster366

Is this the first time Team Rocket deliberately kidnaps a person?

No, but I think it's the first time they kidnap a person without using a disguise. Instead, they just went "Screw it. Let's just drive through the glass and get out of there with him quickly". That was the funniest part of the episode for me.

Navin

MALDREAD
No, but I think it's the first time they kidnap a person without using a disguise. Instead, they just went "Screw it. Let's just drive through the glass and get out of there with him quickly". That was the funniest part of the episode for me.

Zero-fs-given Team Rocket is the best...but I still want them to be a bit more villainous. Maybe the show is saving all of that for Team Flare.

PokeMaster366

I hope so. I don't want another Team Plasma situation.

Personally, I think Team Flare is just a different take on the story with Team Plasma, but without the mess at the end where Ghetsis was lying the whole time and was just another manipulative brat leaning towards the "generic villain" section. With Lysandre in the games, it isn't as easy to fault him 100% for all of his wrongdoings, and he's actually done his fair share of good if you bothered to chat with some of the NPCs in the games after beating them. It's easier to empathize with him and what he's going through than, say, Cyrus, who had a similar situation, but not as much fleshing out. The portrayal of Lysandre's character and his conflict in the game is probably why so many people are anticipating the Vivillion episode. It'll be a pretty gutsy move if the anime shows the negatives of the Pokemon world outside of the occasional trainer (Paul and that one guy with the Emboar and Heatmor) and a few poachers.

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
p
Personally, I think Team Flare is just a different take on the story with Team Plasma, but without the mess at the end where Ghetsis was lying the whole time and was just another manipulative brat leaning towards the "generic villain" section. With Lysandre in the games, it isn't as easy to fault him 100% for all of his wrongdoings, and he's actually done his fair share of good if you bothered to chat with some of the NPCs in the games after beating them. It's easier to empathize with him and what he's going through than, say, Cyrus, who had a similar situation, but not as much fleshing out. The portrayal of Lysandre's character and his conflict in the game is probably why so many people are anticipating the Vivillion episode. It'll be a pretty gutsy move if the anime shows the negatives of the Pokemon world outside of the occasional trainer (Paul and that one guy with the Emboar and Heatmor) and a few poachers.

Yeah, I agree, Lysandre was an Anti-Villain (my favoirte kind although I nevery sympathized with Cyrus. I though the was just an outright crazy villain. But when I said I don't want anothe Team Plasma situation, I was refering to the fact they never appeared in the anime until the N arc.

Man, that'd be quite a bold move the anime would have to make. It's always been showing the positives of the Pokemon world in every single episode or movie! It'd be quite an astounding change if the anime were actually gonna delve into more mature themes on how the Pokemon world is actually not that squeaky-clean as it's always been portrayed previously.

It'll be a move that'll be greatly appreciated by me and other XY fans. :D