• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega-Mega Meowth Madness! (813)

Janovy

Banned
I thought they were something the series made up since I never heard or seen them before until the Victini movie showed them
I never heard of them either, but yeah, they're not made up. :D

Vernikova

Champion
I always pronounced them macaroons, so hearing "macarons" was kind of weird at first.

Anyway, I thought it was a decent episode. It's a shame that Gligar man 2.0 doesn't have Mega Ampharos instead of Mega Blaziken. And that the series has copyright infringement. Duplica must owe them a ton of money.

Pokegirl0102

I always pronounced them macaroons, so hearing "macarons" was kind of weird at first.

Anyway, I thought it was a decent episode. It's a shame that Gligar man 2.0 doesn't have Mega Ampharos instead of Mega Blaziken. And that the series has copyright infringement. Duplica must owe them a ton of money.

I thought they were pronounced Macaroons as well in the real world and just was changed to Macarons for the show.

Janovy

Banned
I thought they were pronounced Macaroons as well in the real world and just was changed to Macarons for the show.
There are maracons and macaroons.

Two different things. What Serena makes is the former, so the pronunciation is correct.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
What Chespin has eat in the episode are "Macarons".

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Oh macarons. I remember those from the Victini movie. Still irks me because all I've heard in life were macaroons. Perhaps I need to do more research.

When Team Rocket discovers Bonnie and Serena inside their truck, they get up and starting mocking the motto! Truly a hilarious moment. But they delivered it in a funny way, but entertaining nonetheless! It waas funny to hear James react by saying Copyright Infringement!

I knew it wasn't really hard to figure out, but it's cool to see Meyer was Blaziken Man. It was cool to see Mega Blaziken again, too, in the action.

Chespin was adorable, yet gluttony, but he's a pretty cute addition to the team. I can't wait to see more when he's by Clemont's side.

Supersonicbro

The one line I liked from the dub version was professor sycamore asking if he could be untied too. It made it seem like ash and clemont forgot about him and that made me laugh a bit.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
For people getting confused about macarons....they are different from macaroons. Macaroons are like crumpled sweet bread. Macarons are what you see in the anime, with the cream and stuff in them and they look like sandwhiches.

I like chespins voice by the way and this was another good epiaode with dubbed music.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Hey, Bonnie's face was in the title card! But I don't really think this was her episode... Ha, copyright infringement, coming from TR.

I wonder when the childish man in the chicken suit will reveal his identity to his children?

Clemont: My friends are precious to me, just as those macarons are precious to you.

...What kind of twisted comparison was that? Food and living beings are waaaay different.

I bet Sycamore's lab is getting wrecked the next time they go back there. It'll become a running gag.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
macaron and macaroon are different if i recall correctly.

and also macaron and pokepuff are different - why would they change macaron to pokepuffs

pokepuffs are good to be saved for the future episodes of xy arc

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Mega evolution on a robot wont work, I thought Team Rocket was trying to Mega evolve Meowth...

they were trying to mega evolve i can't see why they would get the stone or whatever that tiny material is.

in the first place why would they even go stealing it knowing that it won't work instead they use it to strengthen the robot itself.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I watched this episode dubbed because it's one of my favorites. Plus I wanted to see the TR motto scene dubbed. I was slightly disappointed they changed the music for it. But they've been doing that all XY dub. I feel exactly the same for this episode as I did when I watched the original. Not much changed in it really. Bonnie's face was on the title thing. This isn't really her episode, but who cares. Her epic Power Ranger posses made her the true star of this episode. Chespin's dub voice wasn't too bad either. Not too bad at all.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was not bad at all. I found Chespin to be a really cute pokemon. I also was impressed by Mega Blaziken's power.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
I actually had quite a few laughs in this one. Not bad.

> Serena & Bonnie trying to act cool w/ the Rocket motto.
> Dedenne doing jack-all when they were captured reminded me of how Pikachu was back in the day xD
> Everyone ignoring the Rocket motto...Those moments don't happen often enough.
> Clemont's troll face from when he unplugged Meowth was priceless.

Vipsoccermaster

Great episode! So funny that Serena and Bonnie cited the Team Rocket motto, and Team Rocket claimed copyright infringement. Chespin was great in this episode, its love for macarons and ultimately joined with Clemont. Now that everyone on the main cast has a starter Pokémon, except for Bonnie.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I wanted the dub to change my opinion on this episode like it did with Furfrou's, but it really failed to do so, which disappointed me.

One big problem I had immediately: did James's voice sound way, way off today to anyone else? Something about it sounded very wrong.

The content still feels disjointed to me. There's a lot of action in the first half when Team Rocket attack the lab, but in the second half, barely anything happens. The action is really bland; it's just Chespin and Pikachu uselessly bouncing attacks off of Mega Mega Meowth until Blaziken appears. It's not even animated in an interesting way.

The dub butchering the music in this episode didn't help either.

Chespin was great, though. He really brought it up.

When did the dub start keeping the character-specific title cards? This is the first one I noticed.

Pokegirl0102

I wanted the dub to change my opinion on this episode like it did with Furfrou's, but it really failed to do so, which disappointed me.

One big problem I had immediately: did James's voice sound way, way off today to anyone else? Something about it sounded very wrong.

The content still feels disjointed to me. There's a lot of action in the first half when Team Rocket attack the lab, but in the second half, barely anything happens. The action is really bland; it's just Chespin and Pikachu uselessly bouncing attacks off of Mega Mega Meowth until Blaziken appears. It's not even animated in an interesting way.

The dub butchering the music in this episode didn't help either.

Chespin was great, though. He really brought it up.

When did the dub start keeping the character-specific title cards? This is the first one I noticed.

Well if you had watched Last weeks episode then you would have saw they had the Clemont one as well.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
So Team Rocket were mildly competent this episode and they would have won if it wasn't for that meddling mega!

When Bonnie and Serena did the Team Rocket motto it made me laugh so much, this needs to happen more often, forget copyright infringement!

Chespin is an awesome character. The childish nature and it's gluttony for macarons makes it such a joy to watch but I can see it being a bit of a handful for Clemont. I look forward to see how Clemont deals with this. Encouragement by macaron anyone?

Anyway, great episode which is a running pattern for this series. Can't wait for the next one!