• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega pokemon

Pokemaster Ace

With the announcement of the new mega forms in x and y I reckon this will be the next gen of 'ex' or ' lv x' cards for the next gen of the tcg. What do you guys think? The announcement came as a shock but could be a way to freshen things up in both the video game and trading Card Game.

Greekboy

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I hope so, too. Can't wait to get my hands on a Mega Blaziken card.

Darkrai007

Poke Samurai
Dont know for sure they just brought back Ex cards for the second time, but looking forward to it.

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
Got to see mega kangaskhan today, I think it's the best by far, thing lets you double tap. I'm pretty certain that mega pokemon will play like Lv. X cards (just based off of, how it happens in the game, makes sense to me).

Last edited:

Pokemaster Ace

Got to see mega kangaskhan today, I think it's the best by far, thing lets you double tap. I'm pretty certain that mega pokemon will play like Lv. X cards (just based off of, how it happens in the game, makes sense to me).

Yeah kangaskhan looked awesome. Can't wait to see what else they've come up with. Yeah I was thinking it'd be like the lv xs. Good luck in world's :)

Darkrai007

Poke Samurai
Yeah would like to see return of lvl x cards but heard they need mega stones or something to attain their mega state so wonder how theyll put that to use in the tcg.

Darkrai007

Poke Samurai
Yeah guess so. One things for sure its going to get a whole lot complicated

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
I can see Mega Pokemon working like Level Xs did.

Castre

I think it'll take up your Pokemon tool card.

Then you search your deck for the mega and place it on top. Or maybe place from hand instead of deck. Who knows? I'm just excited.

RNG_Reporter

As long as their is a Garbodor variant in the next deck sets.. I'll be fine.

crobatman

I think the mega forms are a great new advertisement for pokemon, and will even bring in more people to collect cards and other products. I think the Megas will be just like a boost to the orginal form.

Do the cards take into account form changes like with Giratina, Shaymin, Kyreum, Deoxys, Rotom, Meloetta? I bet they are just standard cards though.

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
That is a different type of form changing, after all those pokemon can change they're forms at free will (as explained in the shows and movies, unlike the tcg which prints cards for each that have nothing to do with that fact), you need a mega stone to have a mega pokemon.

From personal experience, a lot of people come and go when a format change's from gen to gen so probably not, I see a lot of people saying a lot of bad things about this gen (my favorite one right now being, it looks like digimon, idk if I'll be able to play this game once it comes out. The same amount for 3rd, 4th and 5th) and a lot of people just thinking about dropping once 6th gen comes around (this is majorly due to the fact of buying new cards, new decks, then the thought starts to become scary. Half of my league has done this in the past for pretty much that reason altogether for both 4th and 5th gen, its kinda funny. They give you this look like they don't want to offend you, but try to offer you they're cards for sale).

Last edited:

ShinyMisty

This person is dead.
I cannot really see them being used, unless they work like the Level X Cards. And, if that is the case, for the time being, they really CAN'T be used, because that would mean some Pokemon would be hitting up to Stage THREES!
But, of course, I am thinking more negative than positive, here. I was not happy with the news of Mega Evolutions, really for the fact that we now have Evolutions of...stage two Pokemon [exp: The starters, Ampharos, Garchomp]

But now, let me not be Bias...or...the opposite of Bias...ERh...Yeah, Bias.

Idea number 1:
From what it looks like, you need an item in order to evolve them in the games. So, that means that they would need to have an Item in order to evolve them in the Card game, Like the Rare Candy. They would most likely have much higher HP, maybe even surpassing Wailord [unless they will replace the EX]. However, they would have to evolve from that item card.

Idea number 2:
They will not replace the EX Pokemon Cards...but they WILL be the EX cards. Like, back in the day, you could evolve into Primes or EXs.

Idea number 3:
They would be like...some card where you can only have on of, but they would be Basics. [Like the Star Cards [Shiny...Star Cards, not just Rare Pokemon Cards]] They would be more playable if it were like this, but...you would only be able to have one.

All I know...it will make the game more crazy! If they do it right, it is a good crazy...
But if they do it poorly, there will be an angry Eevee in the room...but, considering how the EXs are working out...I'll probably go and roll with it. I mean, I find the card game better than Competitive VCG!! That's SAYING Something!

But...what I am looking forward to...is SYLVEON! Oh wait...I'm getting off topic.
~Misty

Pokemaster Ace

Idea #4. It might go along the line of what pokemon likes to do, and just do something totally different altogether.

Something will work out.

You can never tell with the Pokemon company can you, I'm sure they have got something planned that no one will see coming. But I agree with you that something will work out I'm just looking forward to the x and y set.