• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega pokemon

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Hmmm, here is what I think it could be.

You need an item/trainer card, and when you play it, you can search your deck for the mega card.

Example:
Lucario is on the field.
I play Lucarionite.
I get to search my deck for Mega Lucario, and get to put it on/evolve my lucario.

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
I just hope its a basic Pokémon card.

I don't want it to be like the Level X in where you have to put 3 cards on the basic to get it ready to go. That's just too much to set up.

Pokemaster Ace

I just hope its a basic Pokémon card.

I don't want it to be like the Level X in where you have to put 3 cards on the basic to get it ready to go. That's just too much to set up.
I was just thinking about that problem games will be longer or more drawn out if you need to have a longer set up, but with the change in the format in tournaments with time limits and swisses changed they may have taken that into consideration and made the article up quicker.... Just an idea I had.

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
I was just thinking about that problem games will be longer or more drawn out if you need to have a longer set up, but with the change in the format in tournaments with time limits and swisses changed they may have taken that into consideration and made the article up quicker.... Just an idea I had.

The format right now is pretty fast paced. Maybe if the Mega Evolutions end up like Level X cards, it will slow down the format a bit. OR it might end up like HgSs where Primes were much better at play than Legend cards except with Mega Evolutions and some other Ultra Rare type of Card.

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
The format right now is pretty fast paced. Maybe if the Mega Evolutions end up like Level X cards, it will slow down the format a bit. OR it might end up like HgSs where Primes were much better at play than Legend cards except with Mega Evolutions and some other Ultra Rare type of Card.

Once X and Y comes out, The player who goes first cannot use an attack on their first turn, Pokemon Catcher will now require a coin flip. What this means is the fast paced game play we are used to is going to come to a halt, making stage evo line decks much more playable.

I doubt there would be a trainer card that would just let you search through you're deck and evolve it or play it...w/o a coin flip. You have to think with lv.x's you hade to get a stage 2 pokemon out and the Lv.X it (if that pokemon was a stage 2 card), just like with gengar lv.X, a deck that did very well. we'll just have to wait and see.

Swagsire

The format was never super fast folks. It can go slower and slower at TPCi's will. I personally dont know what I expect, But as an evolution would be pretty cool I think! Qwaa ;195;

ChadBoomgaarn

PKMN Master Chad
I read that Blastoise EX is going to somehow require Mega Evolving, Not sure if thats true or not but it could be. I also noticed there was no Charizard EX wich makes me wonder if they are going to make Charizard EX a Black Star Promo and release it with Mega Charizard X & Y as a special Promo or something, Not sure though.

Pokemaster Ace

I read that Blastoise EX is going to somehow require Mega Evolving, Not sure if thats true or not but it could be. I also noticed there was no Charizard EX wich makes me wonder if they are going to make Charizard EX a Black Star Promo and release it with Mega Charizard X & Y as a special Promo or something, Not sure though.

I reckon it'll come out in a future set. Can't see them leaving out Mega Charizard :)

Poke Trainer J

The format was never super fast folks. It can go slower and slower at TPCi's will. I personally dont know what I expect, But as an evolution would be pretty cool I think! Qwaa ;195;

The format would be alot slower If Stage 1 and Stage 2 Pokemon weren't as underpowered as they are in the BW Series where Basic EX's are too overpowered even as possible Mega Evolutions that could be played like Stage 1's on an evolved Pokemon that's printed as a Basic EX like Chandelure EX and Excadrill EX from Legendary Treasures. I honestly don't know what TPCi was thinking when they thought printing Chandelure and Excadrill as Basics was a good idea cause it's not.

I take it Pokemon that got Mega Evolutions in Pokemon XY will get printed as evolved Basic EX's and be required to evolve from those EX's instead of from Stage 1 and Stage 2 Pokemon cards. This means that Gengar as a Basic EX will be a thing now including more Basic EX's for Gardevoir, Alakazam, Charizard, Ampharos, Tyranitar, Aggron, and even Garchomp which was printed as a Basic Pokemon in the Platinum series via Garchomp C Lv. X.

J20Hawkz

Me too. Can't wait for the new cards to come out. I use grass pokemon as my main, so will definitely be hunting for that venasaur mega.

Pokemaster Ace

Me too. Can't wait for the new cards to come out. I use grass pokemon as my main, so will definitely be hunting for that venasaur mega.

I hope venasaurs mega is better than toise just so it gets game time after the run toise has had with keldeo. Plus then you'll probably see an awesome Charizard or Blaziken mega to counter it.

MeowZsa

I can't wait untill the pokemon box comes out!
I have a shiny Adamant EV trained Absol with loads of ribbons ;D
A friend of mine gave it to me.. It's my most priced shiny pokemon. ^^

Poke Trainer J

I'm sorry but stage 1-2 decks do not slow down the format, slow players do that.

True, but I'd still love to see the format go back to the way it was when Diamond/Pearl/Platinum was Tournament legal where Stage 1 and Stage 2's had better design and support than they do now which nowadays is given to Basic EX's. That's one of the thing's that annoyed me about the current format is why EX's are exclusively Basics and not Stage 1 and Stage 2 Pokemon also...