• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Revelations (833)

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Hmm I'm definitely not liking dubbed Korrina.. what a waste of a good character, sticking her with predictable old Ortiz..

Seriously Lisa, you're meant to be a VA, try altering your voice a bit for different characters because it's getting boring hearing the same thing..

On the plus side, I like that Clemont noticed Lucario using attacks without command. It shows that Korrina isn't the top notch trainer she claims to be..

Last edited:

Silver Chariot

Knight of Silver
I just noticed that Gurrkin was voiced by Sonic's actor.
Was this just a coincidence?
Overall, Korrina's voice was decent but not good.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This was a pretty good episode. It's likely been established, but I find it amusingly ironic that TR think they're evil constantly steal pokemon only to do the opposite strengthening the bond between a trainer and their pokemon.

I really do love Lisa. I loved her as Mars and Rosa (B2W2 anime trailer). I'm just pressed that she's voicing Korrina. It's just not good, to be frank. :x I want to like it. I just can't..

-chazz-

Pokemon master
Good episode in my opinion but just like everyone else i didnt find Korrinas/Lisas voice to be satisfying

I also thought Korrina was a dirty fighter in the Pikachu v Lucario fight

………

Edit: although i havent rated this episode i can say that if i did i would…

-1 point because Ash used the dex on a pokemon he's seen and fought many times before even though Serena was right next next to him, c'mon writers up your game

+1 point because Pikachu was reunited with ketchup

Last edited:

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Oh my god.... Lisa Ortiz making Korrina's voice ? The least I was expecting. It sounded so bad...

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
How nice it is to get back into this routine every week, I've missed Ash and the Gang.

Korrina seems a determined trainer. She is very driven towards her goal but I don't think it excuses the way Lucario battled as I thought it was a bit too extreme. The battle was finished a while before the last move landed and I think that is disrespectful towards other trainers (especially coming from a gym leader). Also, I'm glad it wasn't just me that didn't like Korrina's voice, it just doesn't work but I'm sure I will get used to it. However, I never like seeing Pikachu lose in battle like that as it appears to show that Ash and Pikachu aren't very good when they are much better.

I look forward to see how this develops. On to the next one!

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I just started this arc in the dub and I honestly don't know if I can finish it. I don't usually complain about dub voice acting but Lisa Ortiz is an awful Korrina and I just didn't expect it. It's odd since I like some of her previous stuff.

chalkus

I just started this arc in the dub and I honestly don't know if I can finish it. I don't usually complain about dub voice acting but Lisa Ortiz is an awful Korrina and I just didn't expect it. It's odd since I like some of her previous stuff.

Disagree. I think her voice fits the character pretty well.

And Korrina has been the most interesting gym leader as well.

Wait a minute, Korrinas Lucario used Bone Rush, Swords Dance and Power Up Punch, though It escapes me at the time if it used a fourth move alongside those ones. Those three moves are the same ones that come with the Lucario Korrina gives you in the game, I believe.

Pikachu52

It was surprisingly good. I didn't like seeing Pikachu beaten so definitively like that but I think it was justified in this case:
1. It wouldn't have been fair to break Korrina's winning streak now would it
2. Korrina and Lucario shares as strong a bond as Ash and Pikachu
3. This is only the second time Pikachu has lost this series - he's getting a much better spotlight than he did in BW where he was used as a punching bag in so many battles. Its refreshing to see him as the hero of every gym battle up to Courmarine
4. If Pikachu won too often it would become bland - Pikachu would be too overpowered
5. Most importantly Pikachu rematches Lucario at the gym and wins so the loss is easily forgotten.
It was nice that Korrina gave Pikachu the stirus berry afterwards though. Pikachu licking the ketchup off his paw was also very cute. I don't know about Team Rocket - you would think Ash and Pikachu would recognise their disguishes by now. They should have realised something was wrong when they said Pikachu can mega evolve. I also liked how Pikachu and Lucario work together to get out of the cage.

I really liked the intimacy between Korrina and Lucario, particularly when she was thinking about all the happy times they had together. I love the way it implied they were so much more than just trainer and Pokémon - they're even holding paws in one scene - is there a shipping for KorrinaxLucario. What's even better is the way that Ash understands how Korrina feels and how she can sense Lucario is near because he feels the same way about Pikachu (and likewise Serena's doubt demonstrates she doesn't have this connection with her Pokémon).

The only way it could have been better would have been to make the Pikachu/Lucario battle a little more even - Pikachu should have been able to land a hit.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
Mega Revelations serves as the introduction to Korrina--the Shalour City Gym Leader--and her Lucario, who attempt to attain 100 straight wins in a row (!?) before heading off to Geosenge town to obtain the Lucarionite to Mega Evolve the Aura Pokemon. Korrina's voice actor, Lisa Ortiz, gave a horrible performance for the first half of the episode, but seemed to quickly warm up to the role as the minutes piled on. Ash and Pikachu's battle with Korrina and her Lucario was a one-sided affair, with Lucario beating Pikachu to a pulp. It was frustrating to see the little mouse--who has been through over 800 episodes of training and development--get absolutely obliterated by a Gym Leader's Pokemon, but it was perhaps even more frustrating to witness Pikachu absorb way too many hits in the excessive beatdown of what can only be described as overkill. The battle animations were nice, though.

Team Rocket, after a superb showing last episode, regresses once again as they only make the episode worse. They seem to slow almost every episode down and distract from the main objective, which would at least be tolerable if they were entertaining, but that is not the case. Going off of my comments from Korrina's voice acting, this would be a good time to note the repeated use of Meowth saying "dig it", Team Rocket's rhyming elocutions, and Ash's "trainin'" slang, which all make for ear-grating instances.

On the positive side, the battle animations were great, and Pikachu's love for ketchup showed up! We haven't seen the yellow mouse's love for the condiment in what I believe has been over a decade, so this episode bumps up a letter grade in my book just for that. Still, the reference can't save this episode from mediocrity. With Korrina obviously encompassing an extended role, let's hope her future appearances are more tolerable.

Grade: C

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Good episode, just not all that memorable. Korrina's voice grated on my nerves a bit, but I liked the bond between her and lucario. I also liked the nod to Pikachu's love of ketchup. :) I found it funny when Korrina still wanted Team Rocket's pawprint signatures after the blastoff, LOL.

6/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
So we finally saw Korrina in the anime and she seemed quite energetic, plus really strong since her Lucario beat Pikachu. I liked how Korrina collected paw prints and her flashback montage showing Riolu was neat.

Leonhart

Imagineer
So the moment that I had waited so long for finally happened, Corni's anime debut. I thought that she was portrayed the same as in the games, although the fact that she had only one Lucario with her was slightly irksome, because I was secretly hoping that she'd have a spare one to give to Satoshi later on.