• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Revelations (833)

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Finally got my hands on the sub. Pikachu's beatdown here is a bit justified (how it took 3 Swords Danced Bone Rushes in the first place I don't know), still would have liked Lucario to be less OP. Also good to see Clemont picking up on Lucario's frequent use of moves that Korrina didn't call. I'm sure that'll be tied in with its rampage plot.
Hoping there's a payoff from this mini-arc.

zhixun

Finally got my hands on the sub. Pikachu's beatdown here is a bit justified (how it took 3 Swords Danced Bone Rushes in the first place I don't know), still would have liked Lucario to be less OP. Also good to see Clemont picking up on Lucario's frequent use of moves that Korrina didn't call. I'm sure that'll be tied in with its rampage plot.
Hoping there's a payoff from this mini-arc.

Pikachu did not faint after that Tsurugi No Mai/ Swords Dance and Bone Rush in succession. It hit Pikachu like a home run in base ball and a drive in golf which is super effective and Pikachu still able to battle after those hits. If Pikachu did not faint after the Gurou Panchi/ Grow Punch then I will think Pikachu is over powered in my opinion.

olopi

El Salami Grande
Pikachu did not faint after that Tsurugi No Mai/ Swords Dance and Bone Rush in succession. It hit Pikachu like a home run in base ball and a drive in golf which is super effective and Pikachu still able to battle after those hits. If Pikachu did not faint after the Gurou Panchi/ Grow Punch then I will think Pikachu is over powered in my opinion.

Agreed. The only way they could've Pikachu hit Lcuario was before swords dance, and Bone Rush clearly feels like Lucario's Signature attack. Going by hwo the anime usualöly does things no pokemon would've managed to get up after being Home-Runned by a sword danced up Bone Rush.
However it would've been more interesting if Pikachu had actually hit Lucario.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
maylene's lucario got destroyed by paul

Too bad that it was so epic that it was never shown on screen.

Pikachu being used in every gym so far means that the writers need another plan in letting Ash either get more pokemon or learn how to accessorize. I mean after the first gym battle you would think that Pikachu should be kept out of both gyms after that.

Last edited:

pixcalibur

Can't stop laughing
Too bad that it was so epic that it was never shown on screen.

Pikachu being used in every gym so far means that the writers need another plan in letting Ash either get more pokemon or learn how to accessorize. I mean after the first gym battle you would think that Pikachu should be kept out of both gyms after that.

He's going to need a more diverse team to even consider not having Pikachu battle. And likely Pikachu would want to battle anyway, so kinda hard to keep him out of the battle. Gonna need to put pokemon caps on the battle (i.e. 3 vs 3, not 6 vs 3).

ScraftyIsTheBest

No need to worry!
This was a very fun episode to watch. Korrina is a very outgoing and energetic character, pretty fun to see. I like how the Gym Leaders have a lot of character in this region. Lucario was interesting to see, and overall the character interactions were nice. Overall a very nice episode, albeit rather straightfoward, looking forward to more.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
He's going to need a more diverse team to even consider not having Pikachu battle. And likely Pikachu would want to battle anyway, so kinda hard to keep him out of the battle. Gonna need to put pokemon caps on the battle (i.e. 3 vs 3, not 6 vs 3).

No it's not. I remember when Pikachu was used less more so before than now. This is no excuse just because it wants to battle since I'm sure his other pokemon would like to battle as well.

Haunter ゴースト

Got around to this episode also thanks to the subs releasing.

Overall it was a good episode. I didn't like seeing Pikachu get it's *** handed to it by a Lucario again - but what can you do? Ash pitted his strongest Pokemon against the Gym Leaders strongest Pokemon and she came out on top thanks to a super effective move.

The animation looked really good during the battle too. Overall good episode.

7/10.

-chazz-

Pokemon master
Anybody know what date the english dubbing of this episode is coming out?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Anybody know what date the english dubbing of this episode is coming out?
August 9th in the US (more than likely at 8:00 am but check your local listing some time next week)

EDIT: Lisa Ortiz is Korinna's dub VA, while Gurkinn sound like he's voice by the announcer from Mega Evoluion special 1

Last edited:

nuzamaki90

I think it's amazing that they got Sonic (Jason Griffith) and Amy Rose (Lisa Ortiz) to do Korrina and Gurkinn

That was just great

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Personally, this episode and the next 4 eps., as much as i know i'm gonna enjoy them, at the same time they're gonna irk me and here's why:

This will be the 5th time that Ash has encountered a Lucario. Once in the 8th movie and 4 times throughout the anime. And i along with many others i assume, have always wanted Ash to have a Lucario on his team, not only because of the "Aura" he shares with them but it would be a great fit for Ash and plus he would have a Pokemon on his team that can Mega-evolve cuz of the special bond they share/will share. (Charizard's not around) But once again Fate along with the animators aren't gonna make it so and it's a real shame because this would've been the perfect time and setting with the other Lucario appearing soon and the animators could've followed the same storyline as the game.

But..oh well. It is what it is.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
This is a total flashback to AJ's gym from season 1. I am glad that Ash did not break her winning streak.
I think it's amazing that they got Sonic (Jason Griffith) and Amy Rose (Lisa Ortiz) to do Korrina and Gurkinn

That was just great
I thought Korrina sounded familiar.

Last edited:
I really love Lisa Ortiz (especially as Mars from Team Galactic and as Rosa in the B2W2 anime trailer) but her voice as Korrina kinda bothered me. :x I'm looking forward to the next episode, though!

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
Please don't tell me Korrina sounds like every other girl Lisa Ortiz voices and she actually put some variety in her voice this time.

Because, so far, the only time Lisa has done that is when she's voicing Pokémon.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
She does. I figured it was Lisa Ortiz voicing Korrina. But she was trying so hard to use the voice she typically uses. I could tell Ortiz had some rusty lines at the beginning of Korrina's introduction.

Also, I find it very cute that Pikachu is seen loving ketchup like old times. Such a huge throwback. :D

As for pronouncing Korrina's name, I have called her the same way you would say "Carina" but with a stronger "O" in the middle. Most people have been calling her "Core-rhen-nuh". From Clemont, he called her "Core-reen-nah". Which is more suited for Korrina. IMO.