• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Megaman Legends 3 cancelled.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
*Insert big no*

Oh, screw it. I'll write it.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Last edited:

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
The future of Megaman is ****ed in my eyes! :(

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
There was going to be a third game? That's news to me. But as long as they don't bring back Megaman X, I'm fine. I'd rather stick to plain ol' regular Megaman, to be honest.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Battle Network is over. Starforce is over and now Legends....

Rowdy

Why does this NOT surprise me. Ever since Ifune (Megaman's creator if I got the name right) left Capcom and Megaman Universe was cancelled, then following the delay of the demo for MML3, I was afraid they'd do this.

Heck, there's been a rumor (from an inside source at Capcom if memor serves) that they were planning on discontinuing the Megaman franchise as a whole and, despite the commitment they claimed to have towards this game and it was a project that fandom was heavily involved with (not to mention there are ZERO other MM games known to be in the work), I'd have to say I believe the rumor.

RIP Megama, 1987 to 2011, you will be missed.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I grew up on BN and Starforce so killing it will make a part of me die.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I made a SSBB X Megaman Legends crossover some time ago before they even announced the sequel was in the works. I got all giddy over the news.

But now it looks like my giddiness went down the drain. Isn't there any way to convince those damned executives to change their minds?

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
So Megaman is meeting the fate Kid Icarus met in the early 90s. So long Megaman I'll see you again in 2031.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
It's not like this came out of nowhere. From the Developer room not getting the asked for 69,000 members to the Prototype getting delayed, this could be seen coming from a mile away. Doesn't mean it isn't a kick in the teeth though.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Heck, there's been a rumor (from an inside source at Capcom if memor serves) that they were planning on discontinuing the Megaman franchise as a whole

FINALLY.

RIP Megama, 1987 to 2011, you will be missed.

I think I speak for those of us who grew up with Mega Man and Mega Man X, and has loved just about every good game in the series when I say this was LONG overdue. Even though it's not going to happen.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
It's not like this came out of nowhere. From the Developer room not getting the asked for 69,000 members to the Prototype getting delayed, this could be seen coming from a mile away. Doesn't mean it isn't a kick in the teeth though.
True.

*Insert big no*

Oh, screw it. I'll write it.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Screw that! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...!!

So Megaman is meeting the fate Kid Icarus met in the early 90s. So long Megaman I'll see you again in 2031.
Naw, you'll most likely see Mega Man in the year 20XX (couldn't help myself).

I was looking very forward to this especially with the fan inputted ideas. Oh well, all we should do is look at the bright side of this, more money in our pockets.

Last edited:

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
FINALLY.

I think I speak for those of us who grew up with Mega Man and Mega Man X, and has loved just about every good game in the series when I say this was LONG overdue. Even though it's not going to happen.

Well, you don't speak for me, and I'd like to point out that I also loved the BN and SF games too. Let's not forget the Zero and ZX series. The only one I, regrettably, was unable to play was the Legends series; that being said, I was planning to borrow one of my friend's games to play.

So yeah, I will not believe that the Megaman series shall die!!! Besides, like Mario, Bomberman, Kirby, etc. it's a classic, it'll never die! NEVER! VIVA LA MEGALUTION! *shot by Megabuster*

I was looking very forward to this especially with the fan inputted ideas. Oh well, all we should do is look at the bright side of this, more money in our pockets.

Yeah, that's true.

Clamps

So yeah, I will not believe that the Megaman series shall die!!! Besides, like Mario, Bomberman, Kirby, etc. it's a classic, it'll never die! NEVER! VIVA LA MEGALUTION! *shot by Megabuster*

Look, I love Mega Man. I love Mega Man X. I love Battle Network. I love Star Force. I love Mega Man ZX. I love Mega Man Legends. I own every Mega Man game ever released in English, and it's one of the few series that I can say that about. I'd have gladly bought Mega Man Legends 3, had it came out. But sometimes, you just need to let a series die. That time was probably about 10 years ago.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Look, I love Mega Man. I love Mega Man X. I love Battle Network. I love Star Force. I love Mega Man ZX. I love Mega Man Legends. I own every Mega Man game ever released in English, and it's one of the few series that I can say that about. I'd have gladly bought Mega Man Legends 3, had it came out. But sometimes, you just need to let a series die. That time was probably about 10 years ago.

That pretty much means Capcom needs to die.

Chris

Old Coot
The future of Megaman is ****ed in my eyes! :(
What future?

-Inafune leaves
-Mega Man Universe gets canceled
-Mega Man is MiA from the Marvel vs Capcom 3 roster
-Capcom can't think of anything for Legends 3, so they let the fans do all the work
-Still can't think of anything, tell the fans to buy the demo if they want it
-Cancel when they realize nothing's going right

It's obvious Capcom wants nothing to do with Mega Man anymore. Especially with Inafune no longer in the picture. Capcom's more than willing to flush out yearly sequels of Resident Evil, Street Fighter and Monster Hunter. They technically feel like they have no use for him anymore.

I grew up on BN and Starforce so killing it will make a part of me die.
Wow, you grew up with an AWFUL choice to call "Mega Man."

theswweet

swweet is awesomme!
I never played the Legends series... but this is truly appalling.

They... they had the nerve to announce it, PROMISE they would release the Prototype, and then...

I'm sorry... screw it, capcom... you are going to realize you made a BIG mistake today, that page isn't up more than a few hours, and it has 40 pages of comments!

I'm disappointed, angry, and honestly... shocked.

First the countless MILKING of franchises, such as Monster Hunter, Street Fighter, and Resident Evil... Why don't you release the Monster Hunter G stuff in the original? Why have "Super" versions? Greed

And THEN the Resident Evil fiasco... You... UGH!!!

I... I can't anymore.

Capcom, you made a fan in me with Monster Hunter, but I am afraid I won't be buying new from you anymore... You say its worse than pirating? good.

F*** you.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I quite honestly thought they already canceled it a month ago. Oh well, wasn't that interested in it that much, though I would've tried out the demo.

Clamps

Capcom, you made a fan in me with Monster Hunter, but I am afraid I won't be buying new from you anymore... You say its worse than pirating? good.

I feel sorry for you, getting into Capcom games with such a shitty franchise.