• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Megaman Legends 3 cancelled.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
MHF3 was gonna be a day one purchase for me... but you can't buy used day one!

You should just go the full nine yards and pirate the **** if you're going to buy it used. Give them that real kick in the balls.

theswweet

swweet is awesomme!
You should just go the full nine yards and pirate the **** if you're going to buy it used. Give them that real kick in the balls.

Hell, if it EVER makes it over here I'll pirate the english ISO...

But, I already did that with the JPN ISO and semi-english patched it ;)

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Hell, if it EVER makes it over here I'll pirate the english ISO...

But, I already did that with the JPN ISO and semi-english patched it ;)

There we go. Now you're showing them who's boss.

Cobalt_Latios

What future?

-Inafune leaves
-Mega Man Universe gets canceled
-Mega Man is MiA from the Marvel vs Capcom 3 roster
-Capcom can't think of anything for Legends 3, so they let the fans do all the work
-Still can't think of anything, tell the fans to buy the demo if they want it
-Cancel when they realize nothing's going right
I presume then that this news is essentially the final nail in the coffin.

Was wondering why MegaMan was absent from MvsC3...

/CL

Zazie

So 1991
Look, I love Mega Man. I love Mega Man X. I love Battle Network. I love Star Force. I love Mega Man ZX. I love Mega Man Legends. I own every Mega Man game ever released in English, and it's one of the few series that I can say that about. I'd have gladly bought Mega Man Legends 3, had it came out. But sometimes, you just need to let a series die. That time was probably about 10 years ago.

Agreed. Just because you got some good games in a franchise doesn't mean it needs to go on indefinitley. We got plenty of good games out of the megaman series and its not as if we need anymore of them. If we get a new megaman game on occasion in the future that would be pretty cool but its not as if we need any more megaman games.

On the other hand, I must say I'm not shocked here as capcom seems to be more focused now on appealing to the more mainstream western gamer for a few years now. (and for the most part doesn't seem to be doing to good of a job of it outside of their fighting games)

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
f0_450xNULL.gif

While I'm pissed as all hell for this, the reactions from the fans are gonna be good. Can't wait. And yeah as I said, I'm pissed, the original legend games were some of the first games I ever owned/played and this was one of the bigger reasons to by a 3DS.

Rowdy

That pretty much means Capcom needs to die.

Doesn't Capcom already have one foot in the grave? I could be wrong, but hasn't it been said that Capcom is having financial troubles at the moment and they're in danger of closing down if things don't improve soon?

I know this was said about at least one Japanese developer in the last few months. I'm just can't remember if it was Capcom or not.

And as far as there being no more Megaman games. If this does become true, then all the more reason to release Legends 3. After all, Megaman deserves a proper send off and what better swan song for the series than the game fans have been asking for; for the last decade.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Just give Megaman to Miyamoto

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
I feel sorry for you, getting into Capcom games with such a shitty franchise.

Just for the record, I could never get into Monster Hunter either.

I presume then that this news is essentially the final nail in the coffin.

Was wondering why MegaMan was absent from MvsC3...

/CL

Didn't it still have Zero AND Tronne Bonne, though? And aren't they both Megaman characters? Now that I think of it, Tronne Bonne was just there to get people's hopes up for Megaman Legends 3.

Last edited:

ForeverFlame

Assassin's Creed: Lost Legacy and Megaman Legends 3 were both canceled within days of each other. Things aren't looking good for the 3DS and third party games that aren't ports/remakes.

Rowdy

Assassin's Creed: Lost Legacy and Megaman Legends 3 were both canceled within days of each other. Things aren't looking good for the 3DS and third party games that aren't ports/remakes.

True, but the situation with AC is different seeing as they said that the basic plot mirrored what was going to be happening in AC:R, so they cancelled the 3DS game and used the content to help fill out AC:R's plot more (or something to that effect).

As for Megaman Legends 3 being cancelled? I have a good idea as to the why behind it (several actually) but I want to wait a little before speaking of them so as to see if Capcom themselves say anything as a response to the questions of angry fans we know will be coming.

TicoPokemonMaster

I'm really not liking people saying it not looking good for the 3DS. The only blame Nintendo has earned is it held back its best selling first party lineup to cort the third party crowd. Had Legend of Zelda OoT , Starfox 3d and Mario Kart 3DS made an appearance as well in the launch lineup things would not be looking dry for the 3ds.

Plus red flags should have been raised by everyone when from what I read that Capcom wanted people to buy the prototype to see if they were willing to buy the full version.

TicoPokemonMaster

Aren't Capcom representatives going to be at that Comic-Con very soon? I predict bloodshed.

they couldn't have announced the cancellation at a worse time. Now they have a big elephant in the room to address.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Expected.

... but its still sad that this is the end of the road for Legends. Yeah, I don't think there's any sort of chance this project will be picked up again. Not when the guy who pushed so hard to get this game in production couldn't hang in there until they got a workable demo out. They say it had nothing to do with him but I don't quite believe them. Perhaps they asked him to change his original vision too much and made the game crud as a result.

Yes rumor has it they unveil a new MvsC3. If they do watch it have no megaman.

Six more Capcom Reps. No Megaman.

Put in Amigo.

lolwut

Megaman " doesn't have enough moves " to be in MVC3 even though he was in the previous two games (and another recent VS game). Even though he has an ability to copy others abilities or gain new ones. Even though you can make up stuff and give them enough moves to constitute a character.

I feel they'll put in classic VS Roll before Megaman, and that's terrible.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Ah Capcom you keep finding way to kill yourself as for me I will never buy anything from Capcom ever again since they have lost their touch.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
And yet we get crap games like that rumble pokemon ****. Ugh. I miss the days of GBA