• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Megaman Legends 3 cancelled.

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
Oh Capcom, what can't you do? I knew this is going to happen.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
And yet we get crap games like that rumble pokemon ****. Ugh. I miss the days of GBA

How does a Nintendo game has anything to do with a Capcom game getting cancelled. Also you don't have to buy Rumble Pokémon.

ForeverFlame

I'm really not liking people saying it not looking good for the 3DS. The only blame Nintendo has earned is it held back its best selling first party lineup to cort the third party crowd. Had Legend of Zelda OoT , Starfox 3d and Mario Kart 3DS made an appearance as well in the launch lineup things would not be looking dry for the 3ds.

I'm not blaming Nintendo. Though their weak first party lineup does deserve some criticism, the third parties are the ones who should be blamed for screwing up yet another Nintendo console.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
How does a Nintendo game has anything to do with a Capcom game getting cancelled. Also you don't have to buy Rumble Pokémon.

I know it has nothing to do with it I'm just venting sorry.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
[IMG139]http://i.imgur.com/KzKzw.jpg[/IMG139]

The internet is as fast as ever.

R_N

Doesn't Capcom already have one foot in the grave? I could be wrong, but hasn't it been said that Capcom is having financial troubles at the moment and they're in danger of closing down if things don't improve soon?

This can be said of virtually every game company not named Nintendo*. Higher costs of production and so forth; it's not a very nice time for video games.
That said, I don't believe Capcom is that close to closing down.

Anyway, as sad as this is (oh in-company trolling~) I wouldn't exactly have it spell the end of either Capcom or Megaman in general. Legends 3 barely had anything, I don't believe was "officially" greenlit, and no doubt would have taken a few more years to come out. In the long run I don't see this hurting them because it's not like any real money went into it. As for Megaman, there's still the Original series and I'm sure they can churn out more of those with relative ease or just plain make new serieses; no one seemed to be claiming the series (as a whole) was over before Legends 3 was announced.

*Well, Sony & Microsoft as a whole are probably still in the green. They have a variety of departments aside from the (probably small in comparison) gaming areas.

No. 1 Machop Fan

I've been watching people bawwwing about this on Serebii's chatroom. I have to say this is a lot like the time Lego announced they'd discontinue Bionicle.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Some sort of Apology letter I think:
Dear friends,

The MML3 project has not just changed my life, but actually encompassed it for months. Seeing that project come to a close has been very difficult, and something I’ve tried to mentally deny, but alas, we have been confronted with the situation and must all face it together.

As you know, the Mega Man Legends 3 Project has been one of sky-scraping ambition--to create a game which incorporates large quantities of tangible, meaningful input from the fans.

One of the fundamental aims of the Legends 3 Project was to provide the game's loyal fans with a level of transparency the likes of which had never been offered by a major game developer. The team developing this game provided in-depth articles detailing the various processes that going into this game's creation, from voice recording to the creation of 3D character models. They talked about the office atmosphere and all of the ups and downs of the game development process with a degree of candor that was, to be perfectly frank, often quite concerning for the rest of the company.

Why was it a concern to everyone else at the company? Because the thing is, there are tough realities in this industry that are largely left unpublicized for a good reason--because they're tough. All games go through a multi-stage approval process, but most games are not brought to the public's attention until that final approval has been met. With Mega Man Legends 3, exposing the fans to that process was part of the project's core concept--to show everybody what it really means to create a game. We were all in it together here, for better or worse, and now together we must accept the outcome that many games ultimately face.

I know that many fans are extremely disappointed by this news. Please realize that this cancellation is no less of a blow for the dedicated staff who have been working on this project for most of a year now. Since Legends 3's first conception, it has consumed most of the team's waking hours. We have been living and breathing Mega Man Legends for months--We've spent hours upon hours in meetings, created vast amounts of content both in the game's prototype and here in the Devroom, and there have even been multiple trips overseas to meet and discuss the game's progress. To we who have been deeply involved in this project, it is more than a game--it is a symbol and a manifestation of the collective hard work, creativity, and vision shared by all of us. Not just a product, but an amalgam of minds.

The decision to close this project after all it has meant comes as very difficult news to all staff members as well, but we must move on.

While it didn’t ultimately result in a game, it was a real look at game development in action, with all the excitement and disappointments that can entail. We did not arrive at the destination we had hoped, but we thank you for coming on this journey with us.

To better days ahead,

Greg
Source: http://www.capcom-unity.com/devroom...e_devroom_and_legends_3_fans_everywhere?pg=15

Chris

Old Coot
In other words, the higher ups said "no" and forced everyone to move on. Really, there wouldn't be so much disappointment if the damn game wasn't being touted originally as being given the green light when Inafune announced it and development was beginning and including community members.

Honestly, there was no excuse for it to go on for as long as it did if it wasn't actually greenlit to begin with. If anything, it feels like the developers were using all of this work, including from the community as a means of trying to convince the execs to let the game be made, rather than with any guarantee that it'll actually happen.

Rowdy

"To better days ahead"?

To be honest, all I can see are dark clouds across the horizon.

The only rays of sunlight that appears to be getting through sure ain't shining down on Nintendo Land, that's for sure.

Rowdy

Fixed it for you.

I stand by what I said given MML3 was coming to a Nintendo system and given the loss of MML3 now along with certain other things, I can honestly say I can see Nintendo falling into the same fate that befell Sega in the next 5 or 10 years (not the right thread to speak on this though).

Still, your fix is on the ball too.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
I think in literally every generation since the Game Cube, someone has said that Nintendo will go the way of Sega. It hasn't happened yet, and it's definitely not going to happen on the handheld market just because a third party game (that honestly would have only gotten interest due to the lack of first party games) was canceled.

TicoPokemonMaster

I stand by what I said given MML3 was coming to a Nintendo system and given the loss of MML3 now along with certain other things, I can honestly say I can see Nintendo falling into the same fate that befell Sega in the next 5 or 10 years (not the right thread to speak on this though).

Sales of nintendo systems pail in comparison with public opinion. Look at all of the Wii's sales even when people said it was in its last ropes and it still managing to hold on. Look at the 3DS sales dispite a lackluster lineup, they fell a couple of units short of their target selling mark. So Nintendo will not have the same fate as Sega.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー

Sega's death = A combination of many things. This includes the terrible sales of the Saturn, the lack of communication between its Japanese and North American branches, and the huge customer disloyalty towards the end of the Dreamcast's life despite its amazing lineup.

This situation is COMPLETELY different and is purely Capcom's problem, not Nintendo's. The company isn't going to die off simply from losing out on a few games.

Personally, I think things would have been better if that development team at Capcom had kept their damn mouths shut about anything Legends-related.

Last edited:

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Personally, I think things would have been better if that development team at Capcom had kept their damn mouths shut about anything Legends-related.

This, pretty much. The game was never out the door, much less being developed.

TicoPokemonMaster

It exactly like Chris said they told the fanbase that it is basically greenlighted when it wasn't even through the first few stages of development

Chris

Old Coot
On the contrary, work was already being done right from the announcement. The prototype was already being developed, as seen here.

The problem is the higher ups ended up ultimately saying "no." To further prove how utterly ridiculous Capcom is being about the reasoning behind canceling, they're claiming the blame lays squarely on the fanbase for not being involved. Why is this ridiculous? Because a good chunk of the game's development IS from fan input and getting involved. If anything, it seems more like the higher ups were expecting the fans to make the game for the staff.