• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Megaman Legends 3 cancelled.

Tabby Catty

Courtney loves Ruby
It's a shame, but at the same time, I don't really feel any different... I guess because I have plenty of Megaman games I still need to play... Once they are all played out though... I don't know what I'm going to do...

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
And if anything, they gauged interest in the wrong order, as well as contradicting what they planned.

The whole point to the prototype was to see how many people would actually want to buy the full game by downloading and recommending the prototype. You don't gauge it by how many people signed up to provide ideas. A good chunk of people were either more interested in the game itself than seeing the project ideas, while there are even some that avoided it with hopes of being surprised when the time came to actually play the game.

Either way, if they told fans they want 69000 people to join a certain group or the game isn't getting made, and only 15000 people join, then it's still the fans' fault.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Either way, if they told fans they want 69000 people to join a certain group or the game isn't getting made, and only 15000 people join, then it's still the fans' fault.
They never said they'd cancel the game if enough didn't join. The whole idea of asking for developer help and assuming just because only X fans joined would buy the game is retarded.
That said I can see why they did it but if this was a gauge to find out how many fans would buy the game it's still silly in concept.

Chris

Old Coot
As Skiks said, the never did say that. They said they'd judge how well the prototype does in order to gauge whether or not to finish the game. It was a premature move on Capcom's part and no one would have been as surprised and angry as they are now if they had known the amount of people joining had anything to do with it.

LokiTheGengar

Sith Lord Victorious
I feel sorry for you, getting into Capcom games with such a shitty franchise.

I hope you get mauled by a Kelbi for that statement, Monster Hunter is amazing.

And to get back on topic:

images

Clamps

They never said they'd cancel the game if enough didn't join. The whole idea of asking for developer help and assuming just because only X fans joined would buy the game is retarded.
That said I can see why they did it but if this was a gauge to find out how many fans would buy the game it's still silly in concept.
As Skiks said, the never did say that. They said they'd judge how well the prototype does in order to gauge whether or not to finish the game. It was a premature move on Capcom's part and no one would have been as surprised and angry as they are now if they had known the amount of people joining had anything to do with it.
Fine, maybe they never said they would cancel it, but it was pretty clear when they set an amount of people they wanted to join, they were using it to gauge fan interest as well. And if they couldn't even get 1/4th of the people they were asking for, something is pretty wrong. And that fan "movement" to get the game uncanceled isn't going too well either, from the looks of it.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
There are people who may not feel skilled enough at helping design a game but would surely buy it if given the chance.

Dude, what I said was sarcasm.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Fine, maybe they never said they would cancel it, but it was pretty clear when they set an amount of people they wanted to join, they were using it to gauge fan interest as well. And if they couldn't even get 1/4th of the people they were asking for, something is pretty wrong. And that fan "movement" to get the game uncanceled isn't going too well either, from the looks of it.
That doesn't change the fact that the very idea is stupid. They should just make a group that says "Who will buy this game?" To gauge fan want then.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Can MML3 be saved?

sfried said:
According to this, you can!

"Here's the OFFICIAL problem:

Capcom looked at the Number of members registered in the MML3 devroom as the official number of units they could anticipate to sell if they green-lighted the title for Full Development. The game was never authorized for full time Development because the numbers in North America were less than 4500. Which with development costs it was deemed Financially Unacceptable to release the title.

HOWEVER, The Dev Team convinced them to Leave the North American Development room on Capcom-Unity open in an effort to try and generate enough members to change their minds. Also inside the Dev Room is the Official Petition to Release the Prototype of the game and Continue Development of the game on a FULL SCALE.

In order to do this however we need your help to spread the word out to your 25,000+ people to do 2 things.

(the instructions have been edited for the easiest way to do this via Facebook)

Come on show them that you care and want them to make MML3. Become a Serve Bot! DON'T JUST CLICK LIKE ON FACEBOOK!

1) Click this Link http://www.capcom-unity.com/go/devroom/about

2) Click Register

3) Click Facebook

......4) Fill out birth date

5) Click Accept

6) Click the Green Plus Mark that will add you to the Devroom

7) Then the Box above it "Become a Servbot"

The numbers here Were why It was originally canceled.

After you join the Devroom as a Servbot you are then permitted to Sign the ONLY Capcom recognized Petition for Megaman Legends 3 here:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/devroom/...YOUR_PROM ISE!!!
"

No, it doesn't require you to do facebook. All it needs you to do is join the devroom and become a servbot. The latter part is important. Oh, and sign in the official thread they specified.

Is it a scheme all along? Is it just Capcom's marketing gimmick to rally support? Who knows? Who cares? You really don't have anything to lose now, won't you.

If you guys feel like jumping through more hoops, this game might be saved. (It's totally doomed, guys).

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
I dunno if you know this but the devroom's somewhere at 8k+ in servbot numbers. Before that there was around 5k. Its doing something. It might not be enough, but we might get damn close if there was 3k+ jump in members. Of course I'm ****ing desperate for this game, I mean this and Luigi's Mansion 2 are my main reasons for a 3DS....

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I dunno if you know this but the devroom's somewhere at 8k+ in servbot numbers. Before that there was around 5k. Its doing something. It might not be enough, but we might get damn close if there was 3k+ jump in members. Of course I'm ****ing desperate for this game, I mean this and Luigi's Mansion 2 are my main reasons for a 3DS....

Not to mention Megaman is going to make a house up there in the other planet if the devs don't hear our pleas.

ForeverFlame

It's canceled. They didn't just put it on the backburner and ignore its existence like NoA usually does. They straight-up canceled it.

Chris

Old Coot
It's canceled. They didn't just put it on the backburner and ignore its existence like NoA usually does. They straight-up canceled it.
Actually, a quick look at Capcom's NA Twitter shows they've not made a single reference to the cancellation of the game. Even the "Brands" portion of their site makes absolutely no reference to the project.

Then again, it doesn't even mention Mega Man 10.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Hey guys, guess what?

Capcom isn't going to uncancel Legends 3 no matter how many fans show support.

If you don't feel like clicking that link, here's the most important paragraph:

Capcom said:
"We are aware of the fan created Facebook page requesting that we resume development of Mega Man Legends 3," Capcom spokesman Brian Keltner told Kotaku Monday afternoon. "While Capcom has a built a strong relationship with its community and values their feedback, Mega Man Legends 3 development has officially ceased without plans to resume development."

What have we learned from this? That Capcom's "not enough people showed support" excuse was total BS.

Clamps

And your point is? They're finally letting the dead horse go unbeaten for a year or two. This is a GOOD thing.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!

Chris

Old Coot
And your point is? They're finally letting the dead horse go unbeaten for a year or two. This is a GOOD thing.
It's no different from the Nintendo Facebook response. They're mainly PR responses from lower level employees who's jobs are simply responding to the media and the community.

Because Capcom's one of those companies that's heavily run by the Japanese side, word from the English side is nothing more than just hearing a messenger, rather than word from the actual top brass. That's also why companies that use these outlets for response don't definitive terms such as "will not resume development" as a means to cover their ***, just in case there's a change in plans. Same with the opposite, to keep from riling up the customers when they're told good news one moment and hear bad news the next.