• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Megas with Z-Moves

Astraleevee

Hey everybody, I haven’t played in a while so this could be a stupid question, I know that you cannot give a Pokémon both a mega stone & and a Z-Crystal. However, in a double battle could you have say Blastoise mega evolve, as well as a Pokémon such as Blissey with the Waterium Z. Then have Blissey use bestow to give Mega Blastoise the Waterium Z thus allowing it to use Hydro Vortex.
I myself cannot not test it since I have not got a game since Alpha Sapphire, I was just curious

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Mega pokémon can't use Z-Moves no matter what. Mega Rayquaza can't do it. Ditto transforming into a mega evolved pokémon while holding a Z-crystal can't do it. Also, you can't move Z-crystals in battle from pokémon to pokémon using moves or techniques like Trick, Bestow, Switcheroo, Symbiosis, etc. because it's not really the pokémon that's holding the Z-crystal, the trainer holds the Z-crystal in the Z-ring, it just takes up the held item slot for balance reasons. Same for Primal Reversions, they can't use Z-Moves either. Waterium Z Ditto transforming into Primal Kyogre still can't use Hydro Vortex for instance.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Megas/Primals already have to hold an item to access their Mega/Primal form, so they can't even use the Z-Crystal to begin with. Game Freak were even smart enough to make Rayquaza unable to Mega Evolve if it held a Z-Crystal, making the Z-Move take priority over the Mega.

It's clear that a Mega that was able to use a Z-Move would be incredibly broken, which likely is what caused that example with Rayquaza.