• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mekaku City Actors

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
New season in a little over a week, so I thought I'd start a thread for Shaft's new series, which I've seen get a lot of hype in the last month or so. I think it's going to be interesting to see how Shaft handles 2/3 series in a season, with Nisekoi/Hanamonogatari, and this. They have terrible deadline issues, so it'll be kinda funny. But it's also cool for Shaft to have 60+ episodes in less than a year, so they're getting better with deadlines, right?

[img139]http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/anime/5/57329.jpg[/img139]​

CM

Shintaro Kisaragi, a HikiNEET who shut himself inside his room for 2 years, had been living his life normally until he met a cyber girl named Ene, who appeared in his computer screen when someone anonymously sent him a mysterious e-mail one year ago. One day, Ene messes with Shintaro's PC which causes him to go outside for the first time in two years.

Has Hanazawa Kana and Miyano Mamoru so there's enough reason to watch already

It's been one of the most, if not the most, popular song project on niconico, so I don't see why it wouldn't get lots of hype. The anime adaptation was announced late 2012, and it's only been gathering more Western fans since. *points to Outer Science

Personally I'd like to see more development on the characters' pasts like Jin did in the song project and LN, as compared to the manga which focused more on the group's current situation. Mekakucity Actors isn't going to be KagePro without the emotions.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I really like how Shaft made the first episode.

And the way they did the banter between the MC and the AI was typical Shaft. The scenery was amazing

Really can't wait to see where it goes

Tsumiki

Tsun Tsun~
No joke I though I was watching Monogatari for a while. What with a new one coming out this season and whatnot.

Going into this blind without any knowledge of the source material, I'm not sure what to expect. I'd assume that the AI and Koyomi the main character end up meeting irl somehow if the poster is anything to go by.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I don't see why everyone thinks this is similar to Monogatari. Yes, both are made by Shaft, both have the same artstyle, and VA's, but come on. Monogatari has a different kind of storytelling, like it's more urgent, while this feels like there is no overlying plot yet

The first episode felt more like Sasami-san than Monogatari. The new episode didn't seem like any prior Shaft work I've seen. And I've seen a lot. So, where does the comparison from?

Zazie

So 1991
I have no idea what this anime is about yet. The preview description that was a released only seemed to describe the first episode and not the entire series, as this anime looks to have a pretty big cast of important character going by some of the promotional pictures.

But I am digging the visual and audio style for sure, and I can at leasy say I am excited to know where this show is going.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
New episode was great

Like, really, really, great

Also, am I the only one obsessed with the OP? Like, it's amazing and I can't wait for the full version

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
When Marry talks all I hear is Manaka. It's Hanazawa Kana, so of course she is going to have that godlike voice, but damn it sounds just like Manaka is here.

Also, am I the only one obsessed with the OP? Like, it's amazing and I can't wait for the full version

Yeah, the OP is great. The ED is pretty amazing too, but then it is Lia.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
When Marry talks all I hear is Manaka. It's Hanazawa Kana, so of course she is going to have that godlike voice, but damn it sounds just like Manaka is here.

Really liked her performance in this. Like, this personality was amazing. All we need now is Sawashiro Miyuki in here and it would be perfect

Yeah, the OP is great. The ED is pretty amazing too, but then it is Lia.

Kisaragi Attention was great, too. I really need to look for Luna Haruna

I also heard that the arcs are a lot better from here on, so that's something else to look forward to

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I had to learn someone a thing or two over on youtube earlier, they said they hope that all the voice actors sing their songs like Momo's did. I couldn't let Haruna Luna go unrecognised.

Who wouldn't? Haruna Luna is great

Also, GARNiDELiA seems to also be someone to look out for, with this OP and Kill la Kill's OP

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Screw you cat,

WE TIME LOOP NOW

New episode was great

It was really nice to see the group interact

Really can't wait to see where the show goes

Last edited by a moderator:

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Pretty good episode

But what happens to the 4 of them? One's an AI, one's a hikkimori, one's his avatar IRL, and the last is gone

And the songs were amazing this episode. Really want full versions of them. LiSA is really outdoing herself, with this and the Mahouka OP. They're really good, even compared to her other stuff