• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Melee or Ranged?

Preference?

• Melee

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Ranged

Votes: 13 54.2%

• Total voters

Lord Scalgon

What title?
Haven't posted a poll in a long time, so thought I'd post one here. Anyway, pretty self-explanatory, so what's your preference? In case anyone needs clarification:

Melee - Swords, fists, anything with martial arts.
Ranged - Guns, and pretty much any offensive weaponry that doesn't require contact.

As for myself, ranged gets my vote.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, this is in real-life.

Last edited:

RogueLapras

Water Gym Leader
If this is meant for video games then it just depends on what I'm playing. If it's a superhero game I prefer melee. If it's a game like Skyrim I prefer Magic(ranged). If it's meant for real-life then I prefer ranged (guns).

overlordmewtwo

Supreme Overlord
I don't really like games that are meant to be real life (speaking of shooters here) sometimes. I'd rather have close hand-to-hand combat in a video game (or real life, like wrestling, for example) such as Super Smash Bros. Melee/ Brawl.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Melee. I love me a good tussle.

If we're talking about ranged, though, it depends on the kind of fight. If it's a gun fight, then the battle will be over pretty quickly. If it's something on-lethal like nerf darts, though, then I would probably prefer ranged battle.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I prefer melee, I'll take God Of War, Assassin's Creed, Prince of Persia, etc. any day over CoD, Medal of Honor, Gears.

bel9

n3w 2 sppf :3
Whatever gives me the best stealth kills.

thatguycharizard34

so AWH-SOME /)^ɛ^(\
>oh look, a runescape thread, how nice

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
I have no preference. I am a 3 time Marine Rifle Expert, I am also a trained martial artist. I am equally comfortable shooting someone's eyes out at 1000m or cutting their limbs off with a Damascus steel Katana at intimate range. It depends on the... offending party that wold dictate my preference.

iCakeify

Luxray Fanboy
iI generally prefer ranged. Firing cow cadavers in catapults are ranged, right?

Origami_Zekrom

Where I shouldn't be
My favorite weapon is the bo staff, with melee and ranged options. However, I prefer to use it for melee, since it is quicker, more powerful, and less clumsy than sliding it and thrusting it all the time. Then again, almost all of the weapons I train with in taekwondo are melee and shorter than the bo staff, allowing for smoother techniques. Fighting hand-to-hand, however, is easier ranged, since I can just stick a kick to prevent my opponents from getting me or do a quick roll to get close without my opponent knowing until I get them with a well placed kick to the head then slipping out of range while they're still surprised.

:644:

Last edited:

GilligBoi

I prefer hand to hand combat. It is more honorable to fight face to face imho.
Ranged is more tactically effective with what we have today. It is a difficult choice but I would have to go with ranged because when you are defending yourself survival is most important.

Shuckle

EverydayI'mShucklin'
No, he means "Fetchez la vashe". It's incorrect, but funny; what he means to say is "apportez la vashe".

/fun

I support the Holy Hand Grenade as the primary means of self-defense. I am proficient in armed and unarmed combat, though, as in "effective means of defense using a quarterstave, spoon, or my bare hands to inflict harm while protecting myself from it" so I'll probably stick with that.