• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Meloetta and the Undersea Temple (757)

I really liked this episode. I never really got too attached to Meloetta, but when Team Rocket was playing her song, she looked really hurt by it. I felt bad for her.

Larry seems somehow bonded with Meloetta, seeing how he feels pain when she does.

GigaGalvantula

Joined for B/W2
My god..I never thought it would happen. Ash meets Giovanni at long last. After being away the day Ash challenged the Viridian gym.....wow.

I find that amazing how it took so damn long to get to this point. Not a fan of the cartoon but a relic from my childhood's past finally happening that's cool.

Supersonicbro

Well aside from that, i really liked Meloetta's reactions in this episode.

When it challenged Oshawott, it was like she is saying to Oshawott to "bring it on" and then seeing his hesitation she was like "come on, fight" and when Oshawott forfeited, her reactions was like "what was that for". And then during her fight with Krookodile it was taunting it to "bring it on" and acting like "is that all you got".

I also like Krookodile's reaction when his Stone Edge was blocked, it was like "what the, how did that happen". And then when Meloetta was like "bring on more", Krookodile was getting heated up.

I don't know how many times i have said this but i would it again. Why couldn't the writers make Ash catch Meloetta, it is so perfect for him.

But sadly he isn't catching her. Also though i am not sure, but i think it was sort of confirmed in this episode that there is a ban on catching Meloetta or something. I maybe mistaking it though, so can someone confirm it for me. But if it is true, then there is no future possibilities of Ash catching one either.

Why are the writers like that. They can give Darkrai and Latios to a trainer like Tobias without any reason, give a Heatran to a random trainer during the league who can't even qualify to the Top 8, and give a Latias to a Nurse Joy who is a inspector of the PIB. But can't give a moderately powerful legendary like Meloetta to Ash.

puuting it that way, i totally agree with you. it seems really dumb that they cant just give ash meloetta, she gave herself up so ash wouldn't get crushed (they never have that kind of stuff in this show, at least not often). That kind of thing should be evidence showing how much she cares about him. darn writers -_-

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Omg this episode seems sweet. X3 Haven’t heard this music in a while
AHAHAHAH I always laugh when at “Hikaru” Kotetsu appears XD
I love that Dento’s battling Ash x3
Lol Mijumaru, I hope you know Meloetta is a boy
I like Meloetta’s relic song. XD
Aw look Magical Girl transformation. ~.~
Of course you’d be excited over that Iris. But NO. NEVER LISTEN TO QB.
Haha I like his step forme better. XDD SOO less annoying. XD
ATTACK ME DUDE I’M OPEN
Ooow. Hyper voice kills xD
Krookodile is so cool XD
LOL HYPER BEAM
I’m tired of the Pokedex -_-
Oh dear…
What is that thing? The Iron Giant? XD
Lol Dento has the pillow
Least annoying Meloetta has been in 11 episodes. She actually seems CUTE here. XD
Golem was like a cannon ball xDDDD
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG IT’S THE TWO GRUNTS FrOM THE POKEMEME <3
Dude I love Persian. They remind me of my cat Gracie. X3
Oh look. It’s shiny.
Gio: HELLO THERE SON.
Oh dear. See, now he’s taking his son.
Pretty bad to use his child as bait, but this is Giovanni we’re talking about
He tried that with Silver but it didn’t have the same effect
Why doesn’t he like…chuck a Poke ball at her?
There’s going to be a huge wave soon. I can feel it.
Where’s the crown? :c
That Velcro is sticky, isn’t it?
OMG I SEE THE TEAM PLASMA SCENE
I bet this is what would have happened, just with the Meteorite XD
THE LOOK ON MELOETTA’S FACE AND THE SAD MUSIC PLAYING MAKES ME THINK SHE’S gOING TO DIE. Omg
Gosh I love how melancholy that song was

PokeRhymeBeat

No real interaction between Ash and Giovanni. It just felt really weird. Neither were surprised and if Mewtwo Returns is canon they should of at least been like "It has been a long time" or something. No Alder too is sad. I am convinced Cynthia is the female version of Batman though. XD I loved the two grunts. :D

The last part was like something out of Final Fantasy

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I liked this episode. This must be the best Part 1 episode in BW so far.

1. Meloetta and the Abysal Temple
2. Crisis from the Underground Up!
3. Stopping the Rage of Legends! Part 1
4. A Restoration Confrontation! Part 1

thekorean

It took over a decade for Giovanni's Persian to finally battle in the anime. Over a decade. wow.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Does anyone know why Cynthia was in that stadium under construction?

I think she was still at the world tournament stadium, it looked like they were cleaning it.

PokeRhymeBeat

Does anyone know why Cynthia was in that stadium under construction?

Foreshadowingggggg....oooooo

JK Could just be the world tournament. Kinda hoping its something bigger for after the league but who knows. The cleanign up the World Tournament would make sense

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
puuting it that way, i totally agree with you. it seems really dumb that they cant just give ash meloetta, she gave herself up so ash wouldn't get crushed (they never have that kind of stuff in this show, at least not often). That kind of thing should be evidence showing how much she cares about him. darn writers -_-

No legendary will ever be Ash's judging by an episode like this. How many legends have Ash incountered and never became his? It really is the saddest thing in this whole episode.

PokeRhymeBeat

No legendary will ever be Ash's judging by an episode like this. How many legends have Ash incountered and never became his? It really is the saddest thing in this whole episode.

Yeah until Larry arrived it seemed possible but sadly Larry came.....

BlueDragonfangirl

No real interaction between Ash and Giovanni. It just felt really weird. Neither were surprised and if Mewtwo Returns is canon they should of at least been like "It has been a long time" or something. No Alder too is sad. I am convinced Cynthia is the female version of Batman though. XD I loved the two grunts. :D

The last part was like something out of Final Fantasy

Only Ash/Jessie/James/Meowth remember this though, Giovanni got his memory erased. I would like to think Ash or Jessie/James/Meowth will bring up Mewtwo some way ^
I loved this episode a lot, many reasons just seeing the pictures I'll watch the English dubbed version to see this episode. Wonder how the ratings did? I imagine even old school fans tuned into this.

PokeRhymeBeat

At least now people can not say Giovanni is Ash's father anymore XD. I do wish the battle the two had was a bit longer but if they were making a symbolic point it worked.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I'm looking forward to seeing this episode, it'll be the first time Ash has met Giovanni in a regular episode. :D