• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Meloetta and the Undersea Temple (757)

This is already more exciting than the last time I saw this episode.
This already was worth the wait :)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
One of my favourite episodes of BW Season 2. I liked to see the moment when Ash met Giovanni for the first time, but got disturbed to see how cruelly TR treated Meloetta:(

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Gee when Ash and Giovanni saw each other I had expected so much more to happen. Still it was cool how Giovanni won the battle and seeing the Abyssal Ruins and Team rocket's plan escalate was fun.

JudySpell

Banned
Wow so after all those years Giovanni and Ash finally battle and it lasts only 5 seconds. Such an anti-climax for a hyped encounter. 4/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Wow so after all those years Giovanni and Ash finally battle and it lasts only 5 seconds. Such an anti-climax

I did think it was a rushed skirmish, but at least they faced each other which is what helped make this episode distinct from other Team Rocket showdowns. :3

Leonhart

Imagineer
So finally the Rocket-dan's plan for Meloetta began, and as an added bonus, we got to see Sakaki get off his chair and do something for once. Sakaki meeting Satoshi was a major moment in the anime's history, and I was happy with the way Sakaki handled things. I'm glad he wasn't Satoshi's dad after all.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I liked how Ash trained for a while with Meloetta and she changed from Aria Forme to her Pirouette Forme. Ash showed some training for the Unova League too, which is always good and switched out Oshawott for Krookodile to battle Meloetta.~

Alloutℯ

Banned
Interesting to see Giovanni take the field for the first time since the Mewtwo special nobody remembers, and nice to hear Ted Lewis still voicing him. Still, I kinda expected more between him and Ash, given that this was the first time Ash met the leader of Team Rocket.

tremazo

Yeah,and guess what,MELOETTA GOT FREAKING TORTURED BY GIOVANNI TO UNLOCK THE GODS:LANDOROUS,THUNDOURUS AND TORNADUS'S THERIAN FORMS!!!!!
AND SHE WAS SCREAMING IN AGONY!!!!!!!!!!!,AND I WAS LIKE: CHEESE U GIOVANNI,CHEESE YOU GHETSIS,AND CHEESE U CYRUS!

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Yeah,and guess what,MELOETTA GOT FREAKING TORTURED BY GIOVANNI TO UNLOCK THE GODS:LANDOROUS,THUNDOURUS AND TORNADUS'S THERIAN FORMS!!!!!
AND SHE WAS SCREAMING IN AGONY!!!!!!!!!!!,AND I WAS LIKE: CHEESE U GIOVANNI,CHEESE YOU GHETSIS,AND CHEESE U CYRUS!

Sakaki's treatment of Meloetta did seem harsh, yet also somewhat refreshing to me because we hardly get to see him show much force or brutality despite his villain status.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Good episode. I liked Oshawott refusing to battle Meloetta because of his crush. It was cool to see Ridley arriving flying on his Golurk. It was the first time Ash actually battled Giovanni, although Pikachu lost too quickly and Persian's moveset was underwhelming. I didn't like it when Giovanni threatened to crush Ash and Pikachu in the cube.
8/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
Good episode. I liked Oshawott refusing to battle Meloetta because of his crush. It was cool to see Ridley arriving flying on his Golurk. It was the first time Ash actually battled Giovanni, although Pikachu lost too quickly and Persian's moveset was underwhelming. I didn't like it when Giovanni threatened to crush Ash and Pikachu in the cube.
8/10

Satoshi versus Sakaki at least showed us how strong Sakaki was. I didn't have much of an opinion about his Persian before this episode, but now I can see that it's been trained well and isn't just Sakaki's pet.

Giovanni finally gets to do something in the anime. It's ridiculous that it took so long but it's awesome. For the first time in a long time, his show is feeling intense with a sense of danger. It helps that Ash is going up against Giovanni out in the open. And the Team Rocket trio continues to be serious and menacing, although it'd be nice if they could do all this with a sense of their trademark goofiness, but whatever.

Scorbunnie

I have to say, I think this could quite possibly be my favorite episode of BW thus far. The animation is beautiful, especially in the Undersea Temple and the summoning of the Reveal Glass. The situation is tense and the action is handled well. Ash and Giovanni finally meet and battle, even if it is brief. To me, the best part was when Meloetta was put into place and forced to watch as her recorded song was used to bring the temple to new life. It was a heartbreaking scene, and the fact that the only music was the recording of Meloetta only made it more poignant.

The undersea temple looked great but Ash meeting Giovanni didn't have enough umph to it. I thought that they would talk more and Ash would try to reason with Giovanni or blame him for the hell he's been put through by Jessie James and Meowth, but they didn't have that kind of conversation at all.

GOLURK ROCKET SHIP I LOVE GOLURK