• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Meltan in the Anime

Red and Blue

Why do people care which Gen it is? Either way it is a new Pokemon that much does not change so I really don't see why Gens even matter.
For me its Generation will determine if it appears in the main anime or the upcoming film. It's Gen 7 I could see it as the Squishy of the Alola.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Because if Stakataka, Blacephalon, Poipole, Naganadel, and Zeraora hadn't shown up, it wouldn't be a question of what Gen it was since Pokémon were never added mid-generation. Though mythicals often weren't officially revealed until mid-gen, they were still in the game code, unlike the 4 UBs and Zeraora.
I get that part but I mean why do people actually "CARE" I mean at the end of the day Gens don't matter since they will all get placed together in future games. IDK maybe it is just me I just never got the whole obsession with gens since a new pokemon is a new pokemon.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
So according to the latest news, Meltan has a Form/Evolution (most likely Form). Guess whether or not it shows up in the anime or the movies, it'll do more than be a cute tagalog.

Again, I'm getting Squishy vibes from this thing.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!

Yep, this will come into play at some point.

The question now is it'll save (or maybe endanger) our heroes in the Show like Zygarde did, or if Mewtwo will fight this sucker in the next movie...

"Damn Mythicals! This is MY movie!"
"Hey, you've had 2 movies, 3 specials, and Origins. It's time for a new star!"

Last edited:

Red and Blue

I'm still hoping Meltan appears in the anime and bonds with Lillie. It would make up for Ash being the one to take care of Nebby.

Red and Blue

There are theories going around that there will be multiple Meltan and you need to have a certain number to create its alternate form.

Kind of like Zygarde's cells.

04n70n10

IMO I think we will probably see Meltan in the anime, maybe It will be something like Puni-chan 2.0

The next movie indeed is too far away (july 2019 or so), what would be the point to put Meltan here when LGPE (and GO) with this mythical will be already out in november of this year?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
The next movie indeed is too far away (july 2019 or so), what would be the point to put Meltan here when LGPE (and GO) with this mythical will be already out in november of this year?

It's not like they haven't done this before.

Victini was available in BW before its movie in 2011 came out.

Leonhart

Imagineer
04n70n10 said:

Perhaps Meltan's new form would be shown in the movie and the method of unlocking it in LG: P/E would be revealed around that time, thereby tying things together.

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
or it's just by sending a pokemon from go to let's go, as stated by the info on the home page

04n70n10

It's not like they haven't done this before.

Victini was available in BW before its movie in 2011 came out.

Yep, but Victini is a particular case because we have an event-only move, V-Create, the most powerful "base" move in terms of raw power (if we don't consider moves that cause the user to faint like explosion) and relative Z move, and this was showcased first in the movie(s) (and indeed we had the distibution of victini with V-create in this period).

Now, really, all is possible of course and nothing is set in stone, we were just speculating, but it is strange to introduce and obtain Meltan in november and waiting 9 months to have him to appear in the movie. I expect another pokémon/mythical (from "Pokémon 2019" games) in the next movie. So in the end, if i have to bet on something, it's not so far fetched to have Meltan (first) in the anime, sort of Puni-chan 2.0

Perhaps Meltan's new form would be shown in the movie and the method of unlocking it in LG: P/E would be revealed around that time, thereby tying things together.

It is perfectly possible, but for me we won't have to wait for so long to obtain this new forme of Meltan, maybe we have just to collect many of them in Go for example. The last teaser seems to suggest this.

Red and Blue

So apparently the new form is actually an evolution. Which means once Meltan changes it will be permanent.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Red and Blue said:
So apparently the new form is actually an evolution. Which means once Meltan changes it will be permanent.

I don't think this'll affect how Meltan will be handled though, regardless of where it will make its debut. I still think it'll be the new Puni-chan if it appears in SM.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Where was it confirmed?
Not confirmed but the assets in GO have the form listed separately from Meltan unlike something like Giratina where it's form shares the same number (whereas the thing related to Meltan has a different number) somewhat implies that it's more of an evolution rather than a form.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Not confirmed but the assets in GO have the form listed separately from Meltan unlike something like Giratina where it's form shares the same number (whereas the thing related to Meltan has a different number) somewhat implies that it's more of an evolution rather than a form.
Okay thankyou~!