• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Meltan in the Anime

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Can we consider them Gen 7 Pokemon now?

Since there are multiple of them it's possible one of them bonds with the cast and maybe caught.
I highly doubt that anyone on the main cast is catching a Mythical. It would be like one of the main cast catching Mew or Jirachi.

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
What's with the random Shaymin?

D

Deleted member 384931

Bond? Yes.
Caught. Heck no.

I predict (though who couldn't? :p) an arc where it/they hang out with Ash-tachii and form into Melmetal in a crisis. And just hope it/they aren't as annoying/useless as Poipole was...
Just like Zygarde?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Meltan is probably the only non-normal Pokemon I can see Ash holding on. There's no story-breaker power like pretty much all legendaries, mythicals and to a lesser extent Ultra Beasts. It's only really mythical due to the unique way its found

World Turtle

If Meltan wasn't a mythical I could see Ash getting it. It's basically a steel type version of Muk, Glalie, and Boldore.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I think it's probably the only mythical they could get away with Ash owning it and avoid nerfing/story breaker power issues

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Sure. As long as it remains as a little nut.

Because otherwise, its power would be off-the-charts.

Is it really that OP? Besides, it'd be nice if Ash could summon another powerful being like Charizard in case of emergencies

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Mythical tag. That's absolutely power in anime terms. I don't think this will turn out like weak and frail Magearna.
I wouldn't say that. Phione was a mythical, and it was treated as an ordinary Pokemon. Shaymin was only treated as "absolute power" in the movie, when it showed up in the anime itself it was treated more as a rare Pokemon than anything. Melmetal would be strong, but it doesn't have to be godlike like Mew

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
So random thought spurred by a recent birdkeepertoby video.

Considering it's reveal, and availability in Pokemon Go and Let's Go, and now that we see it's going to show up in the anime.....

....can we agree that it is highly unlikely that Meltan/Melmetal will have the significant 'movie event mythical' role in the new animated Pokemon movie this year?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
So random thought spurred by a recent birdkeepertoby video.

Considering it's reveal, and availability in Pokemon Go and Let's Go, and now that we see it's going to show up in the anime.....

....can we agree that it is highly unlikely that Meltan/Melmetal will have the significant 'movie event mythical' role in the new animated Pokemon movie this year?

This year's movie is a remake of Mewtwo Strikes Back, so that chance was low to begin with.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
This year's movie is a remake of Mewtwo Strikes Back, so that chance was low to begin with.

They haven't said it's a shot for shot. I think most are assuming there is going to be some deviation from the plot of the original movie, what that means who knows.

Kdude146

Something I would like to see is in the anime we get some kind of Team Skull arc with Meltan/Melmetal with Guzma going after them to use their power to take over Alola.