• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Melvyn's first X team !

Melvyn

Pokemon Breeder
Here is my first thought through team, post game / online battle :

• Gardevoir with Gardevoirite
Timid, Synchronize
EVs: 4HP, 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Speed
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- ShadowBall
- EnergyBall

Gardevoir has been in my top 10 favorite for a long time. So when I discovered she got a Mega-Evolution, she was definitively going to appear in my first post-game team. She is still quite weak though, not in strength, but in resistance. I used to have CalmMind, but it usually used a turn in which she would then lose quite a lot of HP or even KO.. So I replaced it with Energy-Ball.

• Scizor with LifeOrb
Adamant, Technician
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Sp.Def
- Bullet Punch
- Aerial Ace
- Brick Break
- U-Turn

I really like Scyther since gen 1, I had difficulty adapting to Scizor in the next gens (mostly because of the exchange Metal Coat evolution), so I thought I'd give it a real try this time. I thinks she's strong enough without the mega-stone, so I kept her in my first team as a good Steel-type. She used to wear Rocky-Helmet, I switched to LifeOrb when I had the chance.

• Tyranitar with Leftovers
Sasssy, SandStream
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Sp.Def, 4 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast

I needed a Lead and a hazard pokemon. Tyranitar was the choice here because of it's SandStream ability setting up a sandstorm immediately. I put FireBlast as last move because this team is lacking fire-type moves.

• Dragalge with Black Sludge
Modest, Poison Point
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Sp.Atk, 4 Sp.Def
- Sludge Bomb
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Scald

I was looking for a good Poison-type (new Fairy-type counter) and I found out that Dragalge (new 6gen pokemon) was dual Poison / Dragon. I found this very interesting, decided to give it a go. I really like him ^^ very good coverage and very resistant.

• Azumarill with Splash Plate
Adamant, HugePower
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Superpower

This one is interesting. I caught Azurill on Route 3 at the very beginning of the game. I was going to leave her in the PC, but my friends and I always did quick IV checks on our wild captures (using internet IV calculators). I discovered she had 3IVs at 31! This was very early in X, we didn't know 5IV breeding was much easier in this gen yet. So I kept azurill, later Azumarill, in my X team. I discovered how good she is with her new Fairy type, so bred one for my post-game team !

• Pangoro with Quick Claw
Adamant, Mold Breaker
- Crunch
- Hammer Arm
- PoisonJab
- Earthquake

I'm still very hesitant with this one. I really like the dual Dark/Fight typing. But after every battle I realise he doesn't do much. I'm thinking of looking for another pokemon to replace him, even if I do love the panda look !

Any advice on better moves or items, and any ideas on a replacement for Pangoro are welcome ^^ Looking forward to comments and thoughts on this team !

chap196

For Azumarill
The moveset is OK, but I think Choice Band is a whole lot better option than Splash Plate due to higher attack boost and Choice Band increase every type of Attack, not just water.

Hope this help

Melvyn

Pokemon Breeder
Thanks ! I'll try to save up battle points for Choice Band then (I haven't done loads in the Mansion yet, but I will soon take the time to collect most of the objects there!)

coolerdynastic

Pangoro isnt as useful as I can see (slow and 4x weakness from fairies). Considering your overall team, your team is quite a slow team and you might want to use someone who is fast in the team.
The few I could recommend would be Lucario, Aegislash or Blaziken