• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Memento Mori: Even Gods Must Die Discussion Thread

lxdarknessxl

Asian Epicness
A Time Traveller. XP A trainer who has the power to travell through time, but sucks at time directions, and therefore gets lost in the past. A LOT.

Oh no, Rose will fight, it's just her personality.

I've been waiting all day. YOU'RE OVERREACTING.

Niihyl

Posthuman
... Reminds me of Lost Boy... (Davis?)
I'll accept it if the character Sign-Up is excellent. As in, amazing.

Rose doesn't need to fight. Random fight scenes are unnecessary. What I want from Rose is character. Make separate posts for her, not just incorporating her into Musica's. Give more insight into her thoughts. Her person. She may be a fangirl, but fangirls are people too.

lxdarknessxl

Asian Epicness
AHH can't do that cuz of school. XP

Well duh. I just didn't have enough time yet. =P

Why do I stick my tongue out on emoticons so much?! XD! ...I mean XP!!!

Guywhoiam

Dr. Researcher Man
So, lxdarknessxl, is Musica going to ever talk to Guy about the doubts he's having, or not? You are not rushed, I just want to know, because, if not, then I have another idea about how to present the note to the rest of the group.

lxdarknessxl

Asian Epicness
Wait, Guy wasn't going to talk to Musica? O_O Oh, then Musica will read Guy's emotions, STAT!!!

treespyro

Vintage much?
Yeah I'm lost.

This is just too all over the place for me to understand now.

Guywhoiam

Dr. Researcher Man
Ah, well, I guess I wasn't clear on how I thought it'd go down. Ok, Musica will read Guy's emotions then. Sounds good. But remember, Guy was not there when everyone got to know each other, so he does not know Musica can read emotions. In fact, he knows nothing about anyone.

Last edited:

Niihyl

Posthuman
@guywhoiam and lxdarknessxl

Might I recommend that you take this discussion to VM's? Thank you.

@treespyro

Yeah... everyone should stop with the filler posts and get going please.

@everyone

Well... this thread didn't quite live up to the lofty expectations I had... :p
Anyway, please, get on the trail again. If you're going to post about preparations, start moving in the same post. Don't have a whole post devoted to capturing a Pokemon, have that, plus a plot-based post.

Let's get moving! We're not even getting into the complicated stuff yet! To Sunyshore! Before I time-skip you guys there by abusing my GM-powers! :)

lxdarknessxl

Asian Epicness
New post editted due to above post.

P.S. Musica eats a lot of fruits because of Vitamin C. Helps recovering Psychic energy, you know?

EDIT: oh, and YES, being a pokemon, Musica can survive on fruits and berries alone, but he prefers some nuts in his diet as well.

treespyro

Vintage much?
Yeah I'm officially lost reading that.

Imagine that. I'll keep my character on her track I mean she has no quirks/

Psychic

Really and truly
Isn't half the group ridiculously noble and uninterested in trying to kill Arceus anyway? These characters don't seem to have unique opinions in the least, and if Musica can read minds he likely knows this?

Also, as a general note, I'm sorry, but I feel I'm having a problem with your posts, lxdarknessxl. Most of your posts feels like a tribute to how awesome you think your character is. It's nice that you love your character and all, but you pretty much play him as a Gary-Stu, and it's getting a little bit frustrating for me to watch, personally. He uses his psychic abilities/attacks to do everything, with no limit on his powers, and with never a single ill side-affect, even getting tired after staying up all night/healing so many times. He easily defeats and/or befriends every creature he meets, and it always ends perfectly well for him. His only "flaw" is that he loves everybody so much, but that never gets him in trouble - it just makes him mopey once in awhile. And he has a whole little world of people that revolves around him - Rose exists as nothing but a cardboard fangirl who's seems to only be around to make him look good and so that he can control her Pokemon without actually "owning" them. I feel reluctant to RP with you because it feels like you're just here to make your character shine above all else instead of being here to have fun and work as a team with the rest of us.

Do you think it would be possible to turn it down a little? He's already a half-albino Pokemon-disguised-as-human prince with wings, musical talent and the ability to beat every enemy to a pulp. Doesn't that seem like more than enough from the get-go? I don't think it would be too much to ask that you set realistic boundaries, show that he's not perfect, and that though he means well he has flaws like everybody else.

These are just my personal thoughts, but I felt I needed to voice them before I got any more frustrated with the situation. I don't mean to offend, as you seem like a genuinely great guy. but I do hope you will rethink the way you RP.

Anyhow, I keep trying to catch up, but everything is moving pretty quickly and there's always more catching up to do. :S

But yes, once again please do try to keep the chitchat down.

~Psychic

lxdarknessxl

Asian Epicness
Umm... he can't really beat everyone to a pulp, and he has too much worries on his mind that he can't even clear with Calm mind. He sucka at directions, and worries too much about his disguise for his own good, and he can't fight as well while trying to keep his cloak from getting damaged, as well as making sure his friends, especially Eve and Destiny, from getting hurt. He uses psychic powers a lot, but it sorta brings out the more playful side of him.

Rose will be battling, and I'm only going to make Musica command her pokemon if she isn't conscious. Being a Gallade, Musica prefers to fight alone, anyway. The only reason he used them tovfight the Tyranitar was because although he had a major type advantage, the Tyranitar was still far too strong for him to take out on his own, whether he had to hide his identity or not. It's just that I haven't really found a place where I could post her as an actual character just yet.

Most overall, Musica hates his wings, which would actually be a great asset in battle, and likes blufing to confuse his potential enemies a lot.

Also, this is the beginning of the RP, so I assumed the pokemon would be pretty weak mostly at this part, since most of them are Starlies and such. Lucario have a small moveset, despite their power, and Musica only won that battle thanks to endure, and I knew it was still overpowered, I only used that to give a way for getting Destiny. He's been using Calm Mind to clear his head a lot, but he WILL crash later, and I do mean, LITERALLY crash. Spoilers? He'll fall off a tree due to fatigue. Also, I'm using Psychic on the way the show used it. Not only that, I've put in parts describing Musica getting healed more times than anyone else.

Oh, I'm pretty sure it was kind of obvious that Musica's kind of a glutton. Sure, it's to revitalize himself, but still, he eats a bit too much to be pretending to be human. He sucks at pretending to be one, as well. All he did was comb his hair down and throw a cloak with a hood on, then learned to speak english and Korean. Korean being his native language, of course. (Not counting poke-speak)

However, I do know I've been making him a bit of a Gary Stu, and I'll try to tone it down.

treespyro

Vintage much?
I'm with Psychic here. See the problem is that how can my character interact with any of them. They are so not normal to her.

I am making her gone on her own. I don't blame you guys but I just can't think of a way that works with character, to interact.

Dark: Your character is too much really. Is he Human? Because you are jumping all over the place I have no idea what is even happening. I really am lost and who is Rose, Destiny, Eve? I can't follow this.

Guywhoiam

Dr. Researcher Man
You may think that Guy over-reacted. He may have. Might not have. I just thought that I can use Guy to help move the RP along by making him become the antagonist. Well, he will at least be the antagonist for now, and will subtly work against the group.

And in case you are wondering what the "Gigas Espada" is, it is something that will level the playing field when I later fight Musica hand to hand. Assuming lxdarknessxl has no problem with us doing this. Don't worry, it will only be used during this confrontation, and I WILL NOT power-play or godmod with it. I swear.

One other thing: Guy probably won't get the S-M working again, just so you don't think I'll try to snatch yo Pokemon up.

Last edited:

lxdarknessxl

Asian Epicness
Tree: please read my SU. Musica is NOT human, he is a winged Gallade, and if you read my previous posts, you'd know Destiny is a Kirlia, and Eve is an Eevee. Neither will fight in the RP. Also, Musica never grew a tree or hit someone for no reason. -_-

Guy: no probs. Why he called Musica a demon, I don't understand, though.

All: Musica will be going solo to try to go whaever he can AWAY from Sunnyshore, but his lack of direction will bring him to Sunnyshore. He needs to be meeting with the rest of the group, but he will feel that losing three members was be his fault, and decide to disappear. Don't want him to be this rejected, but it seems he is an outcast now.

(YES! Finally, after trying to make him become an outcast this entire time! I-I mean, I feel sorry for Musica.)

EDIT: oh, and YES, due to him never killing anyone, EVER, he will get shot more than the others.

Last edited:

Niihyl

Posthuman
0.o Holy crap, that was a psycho turn of events. That I totally did not expect. Is everyone going to Sunyshore though? You kinda need to, since there's really no other way to return to the present than to get the Azure Flute...

And wow. That. was. unexpected. *Sigh* everything fell through my fingers.

Oh well. I can handle that...

lxdarknessxl

Asian Epicness
P.S. the only one Musica trusts currently are Zoe/Lilith, Rose's Pokemon(not Rose), and Davis(slightly)

Guywhoiam

Dr. Researcher Man
Uh... wait... what?

What did I just do? I so didn't see everyone going insane when I had Guy run off. I just figured the story could use an active antagonist... my bad. This was... unexpected. I don't know why everyone else got mad a Musica... I mean, they were there for the introductions and they know Musica can communicate telepathically, Guy didn't and that's why he reacted the way he did. Nobody else has an excuse... unless I missed something. Again, breaking up the group was NOT my intent. Gin is kinda bad at this whole "Get someone else to do your dirty work" thing.

And don't forget the note Guy dropped by Lilith. That was the main reason all of this started.

Last edited:

Niihyl

Posthuman
Meh, it's fine. But everyone's gone their separate ways... Lilith will pick up the note... Ha, chaos butterfly anyone?

Alright. Emergency Plan B! Aliens come and mind-wipe everyone, putting them back on track... anyone?

And perhaps Gin didn't realize half the people he asked weren't going to slay Arceus.

For now, the plot will stay. Get the Azure Flute, get the heck out of the past, and I've got a Plan B.

lxdarknessxl

Asian Epicness
Okay, Musica linked his mind with Zoe and gave her permission to call upon him at all times, even if the link was performed by kissing her forehead.

He told the four what he thought of them, then flew off.

Guywhoiam wants to give his character a blessed sword to fight Musica.

Confusing, but FUN.