• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Memento Mori: Even Gods Must Die Discussion Thread

Guywhoiam

Dr. Researcher Man
The sword thing was supposed to be left secret until Niihyl, and I, were able to decide on what would be acceptable for it, and what wouldn't. Oh well.

So, what do you all think? Guy will work against you, but I am having trouble figuring out how he should begin. Should he somehow block the pass? Or should he convince the Gengar to attack the group? Or, do you have an idea that would be good? Remember, Guy isn't evil, so if you suggest, don't make it anything that is out-of-character for him.

I thank you all for your opinion.

(I didn't send this in a VM, because that would be a lot of VMs.)

Last edited:

Pokefan0234

Ka-Ra-Tay!
Hey guys! Sorry I haven't posted in the RP yet... I've been busy with school and my weekend is swamped. 0_o Hopefully I'll get an RP up soon, but in the meantime, here's my (evil) plan for my next post:

Ecabe and his crew have been setting up traps and detours all along the deepest part of the trail in order to keep people from reaching Sunyshore. Since everyone seems to have gone their own ways, they'll be trying to keep everyone separate. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to split my group up, though Leo will probably be following Zoe and Eadia will be approaching Davis. I havent decided where Hesoc and Ecabe will be.

@guy - I know Guy isnt actually evil, but since Ecabe and Guy are trying to stop the group from reaching Sunnyshore, why don't we have them team up? ^_^ Guy could join in on Ecabe's scam, (or just enlist Ecabe's help himself.)

Niihyl

Posthuman
As for Guy, doesn't he want to get back to the present? Sunyshore is pretty much the only way to do so, since Gin just warped you back to the past.

... Ooh, sounds like fun. Will Sir Knight join up with a Wandering Demon? Tune in next time on Disney Channel.

And Gengar... doesn't listen to humans. He will lovingly kill Lucario and his Kirlia, since they're still recovering from the fight with Musica. Of course, he will try and get the humans afterward. And probably try and catch Guy. The ghost is crafty, and he has a large force.

I think Guy might try and slow everyone down, and then try and get to the Azure Flute himself, so he can keep it safe from the others. Maybe return it to the mysterious 'Order' of his. And pull Excalibur from the stone get Gigas Espada.

I will control the insanity! With reins of molten gold, and a whip of molten silver! My chariot will be born of flame, and my horses Gods among equines. And. um. yeah.

...Man, I really just want everyone to get to Sunyshore quickly. The story progression can't really begin until then.

lxdarknessxl

Asian Epicness
No, Musica only faught Lucario, and they healed eachother, remember?

Let's just get to Sunnyshore. Atleast, the others. I want to see Lilith's reaction to the kiss on her forehead!

Guywhoiam

Dr. Researcher Man
Yeah, everyone should get going to Sunyshore, after all, Guy being alone makes it to where he can travel faster, and get there first. And if that happens, he will tell the priests of what everyone wants the Azure Flute for. Guy has no problem being left in the past, if it stops Gin's plan.

And to anyone maybe worrying about what I plan to do with my character, I promise it won't be over-the-top, and the sword will not be over-powered. It will just be regular powered.

Niihyl

Posthuman
Ha! Take that! I just teleported past the traps that don't quite exist yet! Sorta...

Heal Pulse can only do so much. And I know, but Lucario is the only thing keeping the ghosts away. The Kirlia are all psychic types, who have learned a few Fighting techniques. There's no way they could fight off ghosts. The Aura-toting Lucario is the only defense.

And the plot thickens... One of our number has turned against us. A demon [will be] at his side. How... interesting. And another foe is to be revealed.

We're all traveling alone now, so we could arrive fairly quickly as well.

What happened to Psychic by the way?

Pokefan0234

Ka-Ra-Tay!
The not-quite-existing traps are now completely set up and ready to go! Feel free to fall into a few holes or dodge a few rockfalls. ^_^

Seems a bit odd for the Lucario to be driving away the ghosts, seeing as Ghost-types are immune to Fighting-type moves. I guess he'd be using moves like Bone Rush or Flash Cannon or something.

More like a pseudo-demon... though that's all debatable. ;D Another foe, huh? Maybe he knows Gin?

For those of you who Hesoc and Eadia are following, feel free to introduce them in your next posts. They won't really be trying to hide...

Niihyl

Posthuman
D: I heard an echo! I have to turn back, and find out what the shout was!

You said you'd meet your targets together so...

And I get to give demon-boy a nickname! "Hellboy, Vamp, Stalker, Mary..."

Psychic

Really and truly
Sorry, life has been pretty busy these days and this RP has been slipping lower and lower on my priority list, and it's starting to feel like more of a drag. Every time I think I'm close to catching up I end up being just as far behind because of how quickly everybody posts, plus it feels like some members are trying to constantly come out looking the coolest/strongest/smartest/whatever. I think that things will calm down a bit since it seems like different characters are finally starting to find their niches within the story, but catching up in itself is getting to be a frustrating task.

Would somebody be able to give me a brief, basic summary of what has recently happened? I'll still catch up at some point, but it would be handy to know for now.

lxdarknessxl, regarding your response...I understand that your character has a whole bunch of smaller flaws, but what I was trying to get out is that a balanced character that does not make. The fact that he is self-conscious or cares too much about hurting people or that he will crash down the road doesn't change the fact that he is a pure-white, musically-talented Gallade price with wings, great psychic powers, nearly unlimited healing abilities, and fighting abilities that surpass most others and who can pass for human almost whenever he wants.

I do appreciate the fact that you have noticed that he is a Gary-Stu, but it's not a problem that can be remedied by giving him a bunch of mini flaws. Obviously there's nothing you can do at this point in the RP, but he really is a character you'll want to think twice about using again in the future, at least without some major rehauls. I mean no disrespect, but it is a pitfall I have seen lots of RPers fall into, and it's not somewhere you'd want to get stuck.

At this point, I can't guarantee that I'll remain in the RP, since it's a bit harder to keep track of than I would have liked. I will try not to leave it as so many others have, but right now it really is hard to say. Sorry for the inconvenience, no hard feelings. :S

~Psychic

Guywhoiam

Dr. Researcher Man
Well, to sum it up, from the time you left, the best I can say is...

Guy left the group because Musica found out that he was a traitor. This caused everyone to go insane for some reason and go off on their own as well. Don't ask me why, because I have no idea.

A Demon showed up and started using illusions to trick the group so that he could ultimately steal their Pokeballs. He then re-appeared later in his Daniel persona.

Marcus caught an Onix.

Musica went somewhere since everyone went crazy. Lilith can now summon him whenever she so chooses.

Marcus's Onix blew up a mountain.

Mariana took off with the only map.

Davis caught a Zorua.

Daniel's (demon) Pokemon are stalking everyone waiting for a chance to strike.

Finally, Lilith is about to (accidently) kill Guy.

That is all of the major plot changes since you've been away. There were some others, but these are the only ones of note. I do hope that you'll decide to stay, Psychic, but understand if you must leave.

Last edited:

Niihyl

Posthuman
... Sigh ... Maybe after everyone gets another post or two, I'll time-skip to Sunyshore. Seriously, sub-plot time can come later. I have ime for that scheduled. LATER.

Everyone is auto-caught up. Happy.

And Lilith wouldn't kill Guy. She's trying to convict him, and is mildly confused at why he suddenly despises everyone (since y'know, everyone was assumed to have the same original info).

The plot didn't actually progress much... I might just railroad you guys back to Sunyshore. That's when The ACTUAL PLOT begins...

Darkness has promised to improve, but hasn't really posted yet. I'll see how that goes.

I have to sleep... I'll continue tomorrow.

Last edited:

MudkipsAreAwesome

I was there.
Ok, how bout this. You let everyone finish the mess they are in right now, and make them end their post at some part where they are setting off for Sunny Shore. They end there, and cannot post until the GM allows again.

Niihyl

Posthuman
That might work. Everyone finishes up, and then a GM post warps everyone to Sunyshore.

Any other ideas? Like this idea?

lxdarknessxl

Asian Epicness
sure. Meanwhile, Musica fell asleep seconds after leaving the group, and is in the tree five inches to Lilith's right. Punch the tree and he will fall, waking him up. Leave the tree alone, and he will stay asleep. do as you wish.

Rose is just going straight to Sunnyshore, her pokemon getting stronger on the way from fighting the ghost pokemon... I'll post later.

Pokefan0234

Ka-Ra-Tay!
Hurr... posted my post here by accident... that's a first. XP

@Psychic - You don't need to write a catch-up post for everything that's happened. Just skim over some of the details of the main things that happened - the evil fog, the group splitting up, Guy running away. After that, you could just have Ironbeak decide that they're all being idiots and have her fly to Sunnyshore herself without witnessing any of the events that happened on the mountain pass.

@Niihyl - Eh... it's not really Bronzong's fault... I'm the one who had Hesoc send him into Steel-type infested territory, anyway.

Also, I might've already warped Daniel, Lilith, and Guy to Sunnyshore... hopefully that won't make a difference. =)

@dark - Err... I don't think Lilith will be able to wake Musica up now... >.< Sorry... I guess Musica coulda been Teleported along with them, if you didn't want to have Musica fly over to Sunnyshore by himself.

lxdarknessxl

Asian Epicness
No, I mean, he's asleep, in the tree. If she hits it, he'll fall down. He was there, sleeping, for quite a while now. He has the link with Lilith anyway, so he can join them whenever Lilith wants him to.

treespyro

Vintage much?
Niihyl can you just warp or get Mariana there.

I don't have the time to do that.

Last edited:

lxdarknessxl

Asian Epicness
Found a way to get Musica to Sunnyshore. He's still acting slightly like he's drunk, though.

Niihyl

Posthuman
Hahaha, man, I've been leading up to the grand reveal for a while now.

So, whaddya think? Who saw that coming? Gin's name was an anagram. Gin Ariat - Giratina. I did a little foreshadowing here and there, trying really hard not to give anything away.

Get your game faces on. Things are about to get more interesting. After a short intermission that's coming soon, during which new players will be allowed to join.

Guywhoiam

Dr. Researcher Man
I saw it coming! But I have NO idea how Guy would react in this situation. Part of him wants to defend Arceus as he should, but the other part... that will be known when we return to the future. For now, Guy will just follow Lilith because she spared his life.