• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Memeries and Promises

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
This is my first fan-fic about a Raichu who starts a new journey with a new life style and new owner.
Now read and enjoy, any comments is appreciated :)

Prologue

As I watch as my master dies away he beckons towards me and I obediently come onto his bed. As I neared closer to his face, he tells me something.

“I wished I could stay a little longer but I guess this wretched illness won’t leave me. I need to tell you that once I pass away, you will be free to go wherever you want or go live with an old friend of mine…”

As I was about to shake my head and deny that he was going to go, he gave a few loud sneezes to make my ears hurt. “But I don’t want to lose you ever, you were my best friend and I don’t know who to turn to master.”

“I know you were my best friend but time has been against me.”

As he patted my head I couldn’t help but cry because he wasn’t going to come back and it made me wonder about my future.
“Don’t cry Luna, my dear raichu. You were always there for me since we first met each other but now it is soon that we depart so if you want to, you can go with my niece.” Even as he spoke his breath was starting to come in more raggedy than the last breath. As I looked over at his niece that he was pointing at, she looked innocent being only ten years old and yet innocent looking, she had the look of a trainer who would strive hard in whatever she would try. On a closer examination, she wasn’t at all sure if it was okay for me to go with her.

“Well Luna what is your final decision?”

I turned back to my master and with a slight hesitation pointed to her niece and nodded.

“Then it’s settled. I have a final thing to say to you before I leave this world. I want you to look after my niece and be as a dear friend to her as you was to me.” And as I watched to my horror, he smiled and closed his eyes and didn’t breathe another breath. I could only watch stunned as my best friend and master didn’t make a move as I tried to get him to respond. When it finally sunk in, I cried like a screaming child when it fell on its butt…

It has been only one month since my friend and master died. As I walk along with his niece called Laura, I wonder what adventures we will have and most of all, will she be my like my old master?

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
Chapter 1

Laura was about five foot four inches tall and had blonde hair and light blue eyes that sparkled in the light whenever she looked down at me. She always wore her lucky silver necklace that had what looked to be like a blue stone that is found on under the dragonair’s mouth.

According to Laura, we were traveling on route 34 that was between Azalea town to Goldenrod city. We were just leaving Ilex forest which was rather spooky. It was a little past noon and we were traveling on the route which was pretty wide and had few trees. Even though I was used to traveling a lot, I had never traveled with a girl before as my master always traveled alone and never relied on others to help him do anything. He rarely asked for help and on those occasions that he did ask for help, it was only when it was absolutely necessary. Laura was traveling with two companions whose names I did not know. The one to the left of her was male and was six foot tall and had a brown hair that was spiked and had brown eyes to compliment his hair. He was big and had decent amount of muscle on him though it looked like he was skinny. The one to the right of Laura was a girl and had black wavy hair with black eyes. Since I didn’t know what their names were, I would have to wait and see if Laura would tell me what their names were. As it were I could not communicate well to Laura since I was a pokemon and she was a human. But, as soon as I thought it would be necessary to get Laura’s attention my question was answered for me.

“Luna, I want you to meet my two friends, Flave and Shelly.”

“It’s nice to meet you.” Though in my mind they didn’t understand what I was saying so I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t understand it.

“Hey Flave, do you think we could have a battle between my Luna and your bayleef?”

“Sure, let’s have a quick battle.”

“Alright, Luna let’s do this.”

While she was saying this, I was just staring at her game face and just thinking, “Oh my god, oh…my…god… We haven’t even practiced at all. How do you expect to win?”

Resigned to the fact that this was going to be a little hard I walked forward in front of Laura and got into my battle position. As I prepared for the worse possible scenario, Flave threw his pokeball and summoned bayleef. I unconsciously tightened my right paw in response to adrenaline rush.
From my left I heard Shelly yell, “So let the battle begin!!!”

“Alright use quick attack Laura!”

As I begin a speed dash to the right and begin preparing a quick attack I heard Flave shout, “Let her get close and use vine whip and grab her leg!”
To me it seemed a bold move and I intended to find out. I launched into quick attack and everything became a blur to me and before I noticed it I had hit bayleef pretty hard.

“Ouch!!! You’ll pay for that!”

“Not in your dreams bayleef.”

“We’ll see…”

As we broke apart our close encounter Flave shouted, “Alright let’s use magical leaf then begin charging for solar beam.”

“Right!” As I saw her toss her head and swing magical leafs towards me, I had to come up with a quick solution which I found none.

“Dodge it Luna”

As I made a leap towards the left side, the magical leafs turned and followed me. As I knew that it would follow me I continued to dash away from it and did a U-turn around a tree hoping that the tree would block most of the leafs. As it turned out, it was successful, but I wasn’t quick enough to dodge the solar beam that came towards me. I only watched in horror as the beam hit me directly. “AIEEEEE!!!...”

“Luna!!!”

It felt like all the air around me was shriveling up and it was nearly impossible to breath. While I took to baking badly, Laura was trying to get me to do something. I could only helplessly do nothing while waiting for the beam to end. After it ended I crumpled onto the ground nearly unconscious.

“Luna, please try to get up.”

As I stirred at the sound of her voice, I looked at her face which was very shiny with tears in her eyes. With a sigh I smiled at her and closed my eyes and went unconscious.

“Luna!” As she ran towards me and picked me up and hugged me she whispered, “Thank goodness you’re still alive.” I was in a deep sleep by then. She turned to Flave and extended her hand and said, “Good match!”
Flave turned and grabbed the hand and shook it.

“Thanks! You did well also.”

“Yeah it’s starting to get dark let’s head towards the pokemon center now before we have to end up sleeping out here.”

“Agreed.”

As Laura squats down and picks me up and started to carry me towards Golden Rod city. She turned back and looked at the beautiful sunset that was beginning to go down.

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
Chapter 2​

When I woke up later that night in the pokemon center, I found myself in a bed with what appeared to be two wires attached to my cheeks where I usually produced electric attacks. I looked outside the window that was to the right of me and saw the moon out with a few late stars twinkling in the sky, as if winking down at me. I sighed in regret that I hadn’t been a little more sympathetic towards Laura with what she tried to do. I tried to recall what had happened after and only got glimpses of Laura rushing towards me and then cradling me with teary eyes. I gave a sniff and realized she wasn’t mad about losing in a pokemon battle just concerned about my welfare since I was an old pokemon towards most humans.

Pokemon were known to live as long as five hundred years or even more depending on how their life went. I remembered that some pokemon never live longer than the life of a human because rather than live on without them, they would rather die with them. What my old master told me was that when the pokemon wished that badly, some people come to the pokemon and inject something into them with this nasty needle that still scares me after all the times I’ve been sick. I shivered just thinking about the needle.

I rolled over to my side and tried to turn my thoughts into sleeping but couldn’t go to sleep. My thoughts turned once again towards the first battle and I remembered my first battle with the old master.

“Pikachu, Let us win our first battle!!!”

“R-R-RIGHT!”

The scene wasn't at all exactly useful for me. First it was very rocky and the ground wasn't even. There were very few trees nearby and the sun was burning bright and hot with nothing to cool down the heat. Plus, it was me versus a geodude. We were walking towards Veridian Forest when a hiker had come out and challenged my old master. Knowing his irrational appetite for battles, he accepted the challenge and I found myself in a predicament.

“Alright Pikachu, use thundershock.”

I began charging up a thundershock and then released it at geodude with a loud “Thundershock!!!” Apparently, it had no affect on geodude who just shook his head and then proceeded to tackle me at the command of the hiker who was grinning from ear to ear almost which scared me.

I had stood frozen in panic as I saw the tackle coming towards me, and all I thought was, “Please, end it here now please.”

“Pikachu, dodge it and use slam!”

I dodged the attack and as geodude rushed by me, the look on his face told me that he was surprised but recovered quickly at another command to tackle again. I whipped my tail and did a flip and did a slam and struck home on geodude’s face and while I landed a mark on it, it hurt like I broke a bone. While geodude staggered, I landed on my feet and started clutching my tail like it had been broken in pieces.

The hiker frustrated, ordered geodude to do a rock throw, and as I saw him begin throwing rocks, some even as big as a man and as wide as a watermelon, hurling towards me I panicked once again.

“Dodge them Pikachu!”

As I begin dodging each maneuver, becoming ever more fatigued as each boulder came, I suddenly was caught off guard as my master was when I was abruptly tackled and knocked towards the ground with force. I started seeing stars in my vision and my vision became blurry as I felt pain in every sole in my body as I tried to stand up, I wavered, then stood up but with a limp noticeable.

“Pikachu, Are you okay!?”

I snapped back, “I’m fine” and stubbornly looked at my foe again with renewed determination.

“Do you not learn that you are in no condition to beat my young boy?” The hiker was still grinning and was now determined to end the battle. “Come on geodude, let’s finish this off with a grand finale. Rock slide!”

As I watched in horror as a wall of rock was coming towards me, I stared in shock as it was over four foot high and had disturbing speed.

“Now’s our chance Pikachu, jump into the air and use thunderbolt!”

As I leapt into the air I began charging a thunderbolt which took a little longer I released it at a crucial moment just as geodude was just a moment’s impact from me. Time seem to freeze as both trainers tried to figure out if the manuever was either pure stupidity or just a mad stunt. Time snapped back and geodude was electrified before my face and as soon as I got tired from doing thundershock he collapsed onto the ground knocked out. I landed back down and then collapsed from fatigue and as I heard my master come towards me with sounds of worry, I was just resting and I sprang happily up onto his shoulders with shouts of joy. The hiker came over after returning his pokemon to the pokeball and congratulated my master for a well fought battle and gave him a wink and walked jauntily towards the mountains way off in the distant where the sun was starting to set.

“You did well Pikachu and I’m proud of you.”

I just probably let a short bark of excitement and just rubbed my master’s face in appreciation and I rode on his shoulders as we went into the forest that loomed ahead.

Bringing myself back from my thoughts I realized I had dozed and now the sun was shining in my face and brought a smile from the warmth the sun gave off. My thoughts were interrupted as Laura came in and walked over towards me and picked me up and hugged me. I returned the favor and let out sounds of happiness and after we thanked Nurse Joy for helping use we resumed walking towards the railway system. The sky was filled with flying pokemon and the ground, full of people and pokemon walking by despite the fact that it was early in the morning. We walked into the station and Laura had her ticket checked, we were soon ushered onto the subway train as it began to close to begin its ride towards Saffron City.

I turned inquisitively towards Laura as if expecting to see the other pals who traveled with us. She just smiled and told me that they were busy doing other things and that we were heading towards Saffron City and we were going to take a boat to the Sinnoh region.

KingT

Burn
Pretty good, but short on length.
description was o.k., maybe you coul have added more.
Overall, i'll give it a 5/10
i'll be reading

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
yeah i've noticed since i posted it that it was fairly short... though in word its fairly 2-4 pages long.
i'll take the description into thought as i make the next chapter