• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Memorable Moments

revolvingscott

I'm sure a lot of us have had some really hard to forget memories when playing pokémon, why not share it with others?

My favourite is the Youngster on Route 3 who came up to me and blatantly said, "Hi, I like shorts, they're comfy and easy to wear!"
I can remember just looking at the GBA and I think I began to panic too!

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Everything about suicune Battle in crystal just epic...
Oh.. and i almost forgot...
Battle tower youngsters...Dude they are hillarius!

- First shiny encounter in Ruby
- The day my Flaaffy in gold evolved into Ampharos while i was at my mom's house

I think thats about it.

I definitely won't forget my first shiny encounter. :) I've been playing the series from the very beginning, but I had never had one until Diamond. It was in Stark Mountain, while I was going through with Buck. I had tried to catch a few Pokémon before, but his Claydol kept knocking them out, so I'd given up. But then, I came across the shiny: a Camerupt, which looks AMAZING as a shiny. I got really excited, then depressed - I'd never be able to catch it because of Buck. But even though I'd resigned myself to not being able to catch it, I decided to try anyway. The other wild Pokémon in the battle was a low-level Slugma, and luckily Claydol went after that one first - it KO'd it while I attacked the Camerupt to get its HP down. It ended up with a little more than half its HP left, a lot more than I'd hoped, and I totally lost hope then. But I threw an Ultra Ball anyway...and it worked! :D One of my best captures ever. I've caught three other shinies since then, all in Diamond, but none of them were that awesome.

-When my sister kept breeding damn Miltanks only to name them moomoo.
-That it cost me over two hours to figure out how to get out of the house in Blue
-When I just got my Anorith in Sapphire. He's always in my team now
-That I accidentally released my Wartortle in Blue -_-' (I didn't know any English, so I had no clue what release meant

And a lot of other things. Mostly the stupid things I've done.

Jerre

Gogoat!
- Most time getting beaten by Whitney's Miltank in G/S/C. Using Rollout/Stomp on my whole team. Like Yonowaru said.

- First time seeing Togepi in Gold using Selfdestruct from Metronome in a Gym Battle. I was like WTF?? And i lol'd.

That all i can think of..

minredd

Cartoonist
When I saw my first shiny, a beautiful Rapidash. I thought it was a ghost Pokemon demon thing so I screamed but I caught it XD

When my little Riolu finally started obeying me after I beat Gardenia.

Capturing Giratina and the Reverse World were pretty memorable, as well as finally beating Cyrus.

All the parts of the PMD games. XD I love them so much.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
- Every non-PokeRadar shiny I've ever caught.

- Beating the E4 for the first time in every region.

- Battling Professor Oak in the same area Missingno. is caught in my Blue.

- Getting my Sapphire. I remember I had stopped playing Pokemon while G/S/C were out, but after a long hiatus, I started playing again. Also, this was around the type R/S came out, and my brother came home with Ruby. I was jealous, so I begged my mom to take me to get Sapphire, and she took me the next day.

Crystal Firestorm

Finding my first (and only random encounter) shiny, Clefairy in Mt Moon. I caught her on a plane. XD I got 3 others since by trade: Azumarril, Prinplup and amazingly, Garchomp from the GTS. And he's awesome! ^_^

Other memorable moments for me are getting the games and beating them for the first time. :D

chrombot

The Steel Hearted
Exploring the power plant and seeing a little bird and encountering zapdos and my jaw dropping seeing a wild lv 50 pokemon that I had never seen before.

Finding my feebas tile in ruby, and then my 2nd feebas I pull up is shiny.

Battling the elite 4 for the first time and well, over and over that day till I beat them all.

lalala_machine

That Miltank was a jerk.

Gotta add that, and the first time I beat the Elite Four on Emerald. I was out of items and down to a Bellossom of all things, against Wallace's Gyarados. Hax loved me that night. Whupped 'em good with Petal Dance.

revolvingscott

Oh! I remember two more things
1) When I had Gold, one of my pokémon was poisoned and when I was walking the screen was shaking to indicate this, I had no idea what it was and panicked!
2) My first shiny a Wurmple in Sapphire that I met before I got any Pokéballs! I hate that aspect of the game! Rawwwwrrrrr!

LegendaryRotom

-The first time I got a pokemon above level 40. (a long,long time ago.Back in the days of G/S)

-Any one of those words the Sinnoh legends scream at you before battle.

And,most recently:

-"Extorting with Heatran."

Ryuu-Anima

Sera Kureseria
I think what I remember most is not the actual DEFEAT of the E4 on my Crystal, but what was going on around me. See, this was when they had this show on TV that the contestants had their heartbeat put up on a loud speaker as shtey were subjected to a lie detector test, or maybe it was a stress test or something. Anyway, I remember the heartbeat and my panicing while desperately trying to defeat Lance. Well, more trying to beat the trainer right before him. She always gave me the most trouble...

:snerk: Kinda sad that THAT's what I remember.

Mariku -- kitten

Toshiya lover<3
~Shiney Numel of Sapphire. I miss you, dear.
~ Finding Zangoose in Ruby after a year of only playing Sapphire. INSTANT love.
~ Having my game stolen, along with my level 94 Zangoose, my shiney Wingull, and my shiney Crobat.
~ My first successful chain in Diamond *_*
~ Shiney Chingling
~Beating down the Elite four of FR with my party level 53 ._. I was just a little underlevel.
~Getting my Absol to level 100.
~Training an Eevee so it learned Trump Card...at level 57 ._.
~ Developing a strong hate toward Miltank due to that gym....
~Killing myself to find a Chansey in FR for many days XP
~ When I realized my silver still worked <3

My most memorable moment, though, was the moment I saw Mudkip. There were sparkles, flower petals flying around us as we ran toward each other in a field of flowers during sunset.....
Really, though, Mudkips, man.