• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Memorable One-liners

Angelique

transcending love~
Ohayou minna!

Basicallly, I think we all have read at least one or two fics (if you haven't, why would you be reading this?) so we all most have had those "OMG, that is such so quotable" one-liners.

If you don't know what a one-liner is, it is basically one line (duh)that is sometimes part of dialogue, sometimes part of description, sometimes not, where it is just so whoa and quotable.

For example, a famous one-liner from Macbeth is "Out damn spot!" (Lady Macbeth).

So go quoting ahead those fabulous one-liners from fics and novels you have read and discuss away!

Judai-and-sho

The Best of the Best
I always try to make some memorable one-lines. I love them, makes a series feel more realitic and memorable. I love one-liners in television series too and Lost is well known for them too.

katiekitten

The Compromise
My favourite quote from Macbeth was when one of the characters called another an egg, I believe. x3

xD Actually, I've always liked the quote: "Hear it Duncan, for it is the knell, that summons thee to heaven or to hell." Morbidity for the world :3

...To actually go on topic for a second, (We're talking about actual fanfic quotes not quotes in general) I don't believe that I have found any, and not on this forum. (I don't read much on here, admittedly, so I'm not a good judge.) There are bits that I like to call 'moments' that I find from time to time, (and squee heavily and think upon it for ages afterwards) which do tend to be one sentence things, events that just... Have a high squee factor, for lack of a better phrase. x3 (They kept me alive throughout what had to be one of the worst experiences of life: Working as a dishwasher at a cafe/restaurant for a week. *shudders* I stove off the depression and boredom by humming under my breath and thinking over what I had read recently, the moments being the ones that stuck in my head. I have a feeling my colleagues may have thought I was slightly disturbed when I started laughing out of the blue - I'd remembered an amusing part of a story that I hadn't gone over for a while - But to tell the truth, I didn't really care. Working nine to five clearing tables and scraping food off plates to run through the dishwasher is not my ideal job, especially as I wasn't supposed to be doing just that. Although I know it could have been a lot worse, at least I got a lunch break this time, (lunch supplied), got to bake three times with more independance given each time, (got to eat a bit of what I made as well, with a couple hot chocolates thrown in) and an hour before we closed shop we'd take a teabreak. But still...) Most tend to be bits that are rife with sexual tension/close contact, I'm a sucker for such things. (I've changed a lot recently, instead of avoiding romance like the plague I've been ditching the recent Harry Potter to read it. :x)

I'll find some of them and quote them below, but A, you most likely won't recognise it, (they aren't related at all to the Pokemon fandom and aren't on this site, unfortunately) and B, probably won't understand why I love it so much. You have to read the stories to know. :x

The latest one I remember said:
Eyes having gone unfocused in deep contemplation for all of the five seconds that she had been falling, Sakura shook her head and looked up above her to the skies-

Just in time to feel the collision of a body slamming into hers.

:3 The unexpectedness of the movement combined with exactly who had collided into her makes me smile everytime.

From Upside-Down by TsukiharaKitty said:
“How much does a penguin weigh?”

Sakura gave him a quizzical look, but humored him and played along. “I don’t know; how much?”

“Enough to break the ice,” he answered with a perfect, charming smile. “I’m Deidara.”

x3 Not exactly a oneliner, but memorable nonetheless. I love that line. xD

Gunpowder said:
When his hand left her throat, she expected him to play with her, let her try and run from him before shooting her in the back. What she didn't expect was his fingers drifting across her tear-stained face and the question breathed, his breath warm against her neck, into her ear: "Would you live without telling anyone about what happened today? Or rather, could you live without telling anyone that you ever met me?"

...I'm just slightly fond of romance now, as you can see. xD *shot* A close contact moment - Very well written, which is rare to find these days. Following an exciting little chase scene, which just makes it more delightful. They are so easily wrecked by too much build up, or fancied up with adjectives... The ones that hit the hardest are the ones that are not quite expected, in my opinion.

Some people might recognise the names, and if so, don't diss a pairing until you try it. :p Crack pairings for the world!

Last edited:

Umbreon Ruler

Swim for your life.
^My favorite one-liner was from the rising storm. It was part of the description. I don't remember exactly how it went, and my computer's too slow to check, but I believe it was something like:

Then they went and got some supper.

Classic.

Edit: Found another one. I don't know why, but as soon as I read this, I couldn't help but smile :) . It's from "Destiny Journeys: Healing of Hearts:"

After they'd gotten home from Shelcove Beach, she'd made Tatsuki crayon up a few dozen Wanted posters.

Last edited:

katiekitten

The Compromise
^My favorite one-liner was from the rising storm. It was part of the description. I don't remember exactly how it went, and my computer's too slow to check, but I believe it was something like:

Classic.

xDDDDDDDDDDDDD You rock. Officially. x3 Those were the ending lines. You got them practically right- they were "Then they went for dinner." xD Also my favourite part.

*hugs and gives cookie*

Edit: Another oneliner...

From Found said:
Silence fell over them, and Sakura watched the steam rise from the water for a while. Then, almost out of instinct, she spoke. “Where are you taking me?”

Kisame’s lips twitched upward into a half-grin. “Everywhere.”

The end bit is the quote, but I included the earlier bit so you know a little bit more. I just love that ending. :3

Last edited:

Judai-and-sho

The Best of the Best
I don't get much time to read, so one-liners from fics rarely stick in my mind. The most ones I know are from television shows and they stick in my head all to well.

katiekitten

The Compromise
xD I just remembered another one, an unfortunate typo someone once made. 'Twas back in my reviewing days, roughly two years ago, now, I believe. By god, I've gotten lazy. xP

Some poor unfortunate soul who said:
There's a fairy coming to take us to shore!

...And another, from my ever amazing, genuis-in-the-making brother:

Ouch! I bumped my tongue on the window!

(We're in the car, securely belted.)

Me: ...How did you manage that?

Brother: I was being careful...

xD

In his defense, I have a strong feeling I may have misheard his last words... But still. xD

I like this thread. :3

What. An. Idiot.-Hermione Granger

Not everyone has the emotional range of a teaspoon, like you, Ronald.-Hermione Granger

katiekitten

The Compromise
x3 I like that one, Koro.

Uneasy Coexistence said:
This little ritual felt odd. Old. Primitive. Some sort of weird, connection-forging act which might have taken place centuries ago. Her hand looked too modern, too polished, too female. Dainty. Refined. Fragile, embarrassingly so.

;3

Psychic

Really and truly
Guys, since this is in the Author's Café, located in a section meant for writing, please keep the quotes related to the topic. The one-liners you mention should be from books or fics, not movies, video games or flash videos, no matter how funny they may be. XP

~Psychic

j_hunter

Weedles in the sugar
My friend and I are writing a script for a movie, and although there are several quotable one-liners, the one that's been stuck in my head for a few days is:

Susan: I have to go and take my meno-eze.

It's lots of fun writing a script. You can really picture everything in your head.

Magi of all

This one is from Minty Thrill, a parody fic by DragonKnight over at PokeMasters Forum. the fic is hilarious if you like random humor

Minty Thrill said:
As the tournament progressed, I managed to mispronounce roughly ninety-six Pokémon names, which was impressive since there were only twenty-four competitors.

Oh and this one to

Minty Thrill said:
“Aww come on,” I whined, “Can’t you just let me win like good Christians?”

Last edited:

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Oh, I forgot we were going to be going after Voldemort in a mobile library-Ronald Weasley

Does that count?
=D

Judai-and-sho

The Best of the Best
Guardian said:
This is Kate, my girlfriend." Ken replied.

"I already have a room ready for you and Kate at my palace." Enzan said.

I always remembered this from my friend's fic.

This one just moved me for some reason. It's from a different fic.
I may not be able to feel pain, or physically die yet, but the emotional pain I feel, is greater then any pain a mere body wound could ever give to me.

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
I have a good one. It is from xXSaberXx's fic, Pokemon Revelation: Cross of Fates. I put a spoiler on it because some may consider it spoiling the story, although I doubt it would.

The final ending is not a matter of whether we lived happily ever after,

But that we lived.

Great line, almost made me cry. XP

Last edited:
I soooo agree with the xXSaberXx quote,
"The final ending is not a matter of whether we lived happily ever after,

But that we lived.

I loved that fic, and now it's over *sniffle*. Waiting soooo crazily for the sequel. She inspired to write my own fic. Soppy, but true. It started out as a thing to tide me over until her sequel, but...that's life for ya.