• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Memories Are Made Of Bliss! (659)

*futachimaru*

Music Maker/ Dreamer
Even though i loved DP, i thought the ending was boring

I may love piplup, but i feel as if the aime writers were out of ideas. something amazing should have happened. i thought the last episode should have a bit of a BANG

I thought that he would challenge dialga and lose, and he would say "i will keep getting stronger". or dawn vs ash would have been great

Haunter ゴースト

It's just odd Brock wasn't given a big send off given how long he lasted. Oh well.

I agree he deserved a better send off, but that one hand shake between him and Ash was a great moment about how good they were as friends so ultimately I don't mind.

Besides he did get one last episode dedicated to him beforehand if that counts towards anything.

Last edited:

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
I agree he deserved a better send off, but that one hand shake between him and Ash was a great moment about how good they were as friends so ultimately I don't mind.

The handshake reminded me of Ash and Brock's handshake when Brock was going to leave to work for Professor Ivy, and the area reminded me of the AG goodbye. Maybe the writers were going for that.

Haunter ゴースト

The handshake reminded me of Ash and Brock's handshake when Brock was going to leave to work for Professor Ivy, and the area reminded me of the AG goodbye. Maybe the writers were going for that.

I agree they are very similar because at the time this was originally Brock's departure of the show until the writers realised the fanbase actually liked Brock and they brought him back.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Brock's also the only main character to actually leave the show twice. Even Misty only got one departure and never got to come back.

Janovy

Banned
Brock's also the only main character to actually leave the show twice. Even Misty only got one departure and never got to come back.
May left twice too and made a return in DP. :p

Haunter ゴースト

I assume Cyber means, the writers actually inteded the character to leave which indeed has happened with Brock twice.

For Ash departing from Hoenn leaving May, she was intended to return for BF, her true departure was at the end of AG.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I assume Cyber means, the writers actually inteded the character to leave which indeed has happened with Brock twice.

For Ash departing from Hoenn leaving May, she was intended to return for BF, her true departure was at the end of AG.

True, although he's right that the Hoenn group splits up after Hoenn, and they all reunite in the span of 2 episodes. And the writers always planned that too, so its nothing important.

You can technically say Brock left 4 times then, if you count his goodbye at the end of Johto...and then at the end of AG. Hell even his goodbye at the end of Johto was more emotional than the DP one.

Princess Dawn

Dawn is a Princess!
i will miss DP that was my fav pokemon sereise..... and Dawn i will miss you so much! goodbye.. AHH again a sad ending of era! first Misty gone then May gone and now Dawn too ahh!! i hate sad ending!!

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
True, although he's right that the Hoenn group splits up after Hoenn, and they all reunite in the span of 2 episodes. And the writers always planned that too, so its nothing important.

You can technically say Brock left 4 times then, if you count his goodbye at the end of Johto...and then at the end of AG. Hell even his goodbye at the end of Johto was more emotional than the DP one.

Agreed, it didn't even feel like it was Brock's final episode, excluding his special.
This episode is too depressing to watch and it really makes me miss Dawn.

Haunter ゴースト

Eh not really, the writers planned for Brock to stay around through AG and DP.

In the anime, it was portrayed that he may not return, but he always ended up doing so.

It's a shame his departure was so fast paced, but I did enjoy that 1 minute of friendship between both him and Ash.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I was never really able to bring myself to watch this episode...Seeing Piplup and Pikachu tear up like that...man, I really need to watch both versions (dub and original) All I can say was this was an end to a pretty good era in Pokemon history :)

wobbanut

Team Awesome
WOW, it's amazing how much changed after this episode. No Brock after 12 of 13 seasons, no more Wobbuffet, no more comic relief Team Rocket, no more Team Rocket pokemon joining the motto, no more blasting off, no more contests, much less recurring old characters and pre-Unova pokmeon. Oy. I do like Cilan, I do LOVE the new Team Rocket, I do love the new motto, but we lost so much. The thing I miss the most about pre-Unova is the recurring characters. I would kill to see Butch and Cassidy or Gary again. And definitely Paul.

Regardless, it was a great sendoff for Brock. And at least we'll be seeing Dawn against shortly. :D

9/10

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
These goodbye episodes always feel downplayed once the character shows up again in the next arc. Mainly because they show up so soon again rather than being gone for years.

Hopefully Piplup doesn't cry when Dawn splits again later on in BW2.

Janovy

Banned
These goodbye episodes always feel downplayed once the character shows up again in the next arc. Mainly because they show up so soon again rather than being gone for years.

Hopefully Piplup doesn't cry when Dawn splits again later on in BW2.
Dawn is not Misty, Cyber. She's actually popular so its only natural she wouldn't be gone for years. :p

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Dawn is not Misty, Cyber. She's actually popular so its only natural she wouldn't be gone for years. :p

What I mean though is, it doesn't feel that long ago that this episode aired. I know it was nearly 2 years ago in real life, but it doesn't feel that way for some reason.