• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Memories Are Made Of Bliss! (659)

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Best episode they have ever done. I wasn't expecting their goodbyes to be that good. But it was brilliant. And I enjoyed the DP Trio tribute. Brought tears to my eyes. I can't wait for this episode in English. But now, I guess that's it for me. Soriana Pokemon! Diamond and Pearl was the best series ever. Well done writers. And Thank you for making such great characters.
Dawn had the best ending ever. She cried, Piplup cried. she ran after the ship just like I hoped she would. She even had a better ending than Misty and that's saying something.

Corzola

Gible´s biggest fan!
OMG, that really was an emotionel ending! This episode easily ranks up there with the best Pokémon episodes apart from the league- battle eps from various leagues. This ep will surley be a classic Pokémon "season finale".

The part when we saw them at Dawn´s house was great, because we saw them preparing for the goodbyes and eat a last breakfast etc. It was so "well, now its only hours left..." moments. Then we have the Piplup segement when he runs away and that was really sad. We saw how he really wanted the journey to continue. The TR battle was cool and I thought it suited the end that Ash and Dawn combined their signature Pokémons in a great attack.

No Takuto, well that means that he lost to Cynthia (if they even battled, it was his prerogative but we don´t know if he did it) because she was still the defending Champion and Flint the challanger. I suppose the gap between E4 and the League- Champion is pretty huge then. But on one hand I thought this was for the best. Had Cynthia and Takuto met we would have seen the newly crowned league champion be destroyed, and THAT would have been strange (concidering what Pokémon he had), or we had seen Cynthia lost and THAT would have been even more strange. But just Cynthia defeat an E4 member is more like what we are used to. She really is number 1 in Sinnoh.

The end at the dock was great, Dawn really did felt what the loss of her best friends meant. That this was the end of an era and a time which never would come back. Final high five! Soooo GREAT! The final end at the Kanto - Pewter City roadsign was sad in it´s own way, know the freinds from so long really are on different paths. Great montage after that.

The music was great, it really did build up all the scenes and made it extremly emotionel to watch. Yes I was on the edge of crying, this ep really was that good.

Total score, 9,5/10

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
That was a pretty good episode, but its really dumb all the Sinnoh Pokemon didn't get seen one last time. The shot of Ash imagining he was Flint battling Cynthia was a damn tease.

As figured, Dawn's goodbye was more about Piplup, although I did like the last scene of her waving goodbye. So Dawn doesn't give Ash anything....

Ash/Brock's goodbye was VERY short. It was good for what it was, but damn, was that it? One last handshake? lol.

The DP was always rather bland as a group but individually the characters had some nice moments.

matt0044

My only hope is that the English Version is just as good as the Japanese version.

OH yeah, it was nice to see Cynthia one last time. I wish we saw the rest of everyone else too, but at least we did get the montage during the credits (TPCI better keep it in the dub and just use the English dub credits in place of the romanji) featuring cast of characters before the leave us.

Lee-san

Limbo Messiah
That was just an all-around great episode and a nice way to finish this saga.
The Ash/Flint-thingy was especially cool.

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
A nice ending episode with some great moments and callbacks to past events. It also had beautiful animation, especailly in the battle vs. Team Rocket and the epic Flint vs. Cynthia battle (even if some was re-used footage), which not only looked epic but was also extra awesome by the way it mirrored the Ash/Paul battle.

The two biggest disappointments was 1. the lack of a final goodbye shot of all their Pokemon, Dawn could even have had her's out during the boat scene even if they would only be background. I also noticed that poor Sudowoodo disappeared after its battle with Team Rocket and got rejected from the small Torterra, Togikiss and Staraptor group shot, the poor rock tree. Hopefully Ash's team will get a final farewell in BW001.
and 2. Where's Gliscor? Again hopefully BW001 will solve this mystery.

Overall a nice end to a great Pokemon series.

A nice ending episode with some great moments and callbacks to past events. It also had beautiful animation, especailly in the battle vs. Team Rocket and the epic Flint vs. Cynthia battle (even if some was re-used footage), which not only looked epic but was also extra awesome by the way it mirrored the Ash/Paul battle.

The two biggest disappointments was 1. the lack of a final goodbye shot of all their Pokemon, Dawn could even have had her's out during the boat scene even if they would only be background. I also noticed that poor Sudowoodo disappeared after its battle with Team Rocket and got rejected from the small Torterra, Togikiss and Staraptor group shot, the poor rock tree. Hopefully Ash's team will get a final farewell in BW001.
and 2. Where's Gliscor? Again hopefully BW001 will solve this mystery.

Overall a nice end to a great Pokemon series.

And where was Infernape when it came to the Flint vs Cynthia? He could have been inspired to fight even more and get stronger when Ash needs him again. And I'm afraid half of Ash's team got Oaked after the Elite 4. We only saw Staraptor and Torterra until the end though.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
The scene with Pikachu, Piplup, and Togekiss was so touching. When I think about it I even want to cry a little.

The scene with Pikachu, Piplup, and Togekiss was so touching. When I think about it I even want to cry a little.
play it as loud (okay, headphones) and think of it as you leaving your best friends behind and moving on to new adventures and never seeing them again. I know how that feels. :(

TheNewGuy

Great episode.

I would have expected nothing less given the overall quality of animation, direction and writing in DP. A great farewell ep and one of the top 20 in the show's history, most likely.

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
Well, here it is, the final episode of Pokemon: Diamond and Pearl, and I have to say, it was pretty much the perfect episode. Everything was great here: the writing, the music, the emotion. It's all there. It pretty much brought DP to a full circle, ending right where started.

I loved Ash imagining himself in Flint's place, battling Cynthia. And the fact that Together2007 plays in the background wasn't bad either.
The Team Rocket battle was actually entertaining for once, and it gave Torterra and Togekiss some decent last minute screen time.
And the all the little nods to some of the earlier DP episodes were nice, too.

Probably one of the best parts was that the ending theme was combined with clips from over the series, pity the dub won't get that.

Probably my only complaint is that we didn't get see all of the Sinnoh Pokemon out together one last time, or at the very least Dawn's. Seriously, where are Pachirisu, Mamoswine, and Cyndaquil?

But ah well, that didn't stop this episode from being great. It really felt like a final episode, which is probably the best part about it. In fact, I'm almost a little upset that this isn't the final episode of the series overall; it really felt like it.

But anyway a nearly perfect episode. And as the final shot says: Next Time, A New Beginning!

Last edited:

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
play it as loud (okay, headphones) and think of it as you leaving your best friends behind and moving on to new adventures and never seeing them again. I know how that feels. :(

Best part about that scene was how they played "A Meeting and a Parting". Brilliant song, for a brilliant scene.

Also, Croagunk never appeared in Brock's last episode!

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I love how the writers teased us with Ash wanting to fight Cynthia in Flint's place with Infernape.

Seriously, did they really want to do an Elite 4 arc but just ran out of time?

It really seems like it should have happened. We'll never see Cynthia again most likely.

Kabuto

little punks!
...Really? That's it? It was so odd seeing Brock walk off like that, going off forever. I guess less will have to be more, and the Dawn goodbye was good.

Regardless, the Elite Four battle was the episode's highlight, it'd been even better if we saw my man Takuto. I guess he would have lost anyway though...

Good episode, I enjoyed all the last Sinnoh team moments.

Last edited:

Akihide

Wannabe
Pikachu hasn't shocked Ash in a while I don't think that was a nice thing to add in. I also like how the first episode was recreated at the beginning of this episode (With Dawn in bed). Good to see Team Rocket get a decent battle and for Meowth to fight. I think the episode should have focussed on Brock's departure more though I mean he has been on the show for over a decade now.

Overall though I was pleased with the episode, a fitting ending to the Sinnoh saga.

I've enjoyed these last few episodes thoroughly actually.

pandastar16

i love dawn and iris

RickHoenn

Banned
Brock :( :( :( :( :( I'll miss you!!!!!! omg, a part of my childhood gone...

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
A truly beautiful ending on an epic scale. I'm glad that they played that sad music that they used play during season 1 and I also liked the hydro pump/volt tackle combo. DP you will be missed.

Last edited: