• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Memory Reversal PG-10

iKevin

“I agree with Jay. We should get to know each other, considering we all carry something in common. I’m Marth, Marth Kane. I have a feeling there’s going to be rough waters ahead, and in this case, the more the merrier!” the girl, whose name he now knew, replied, “Anyway… the stadium is practically empty. Let’s head out to the park just outside; more comfortable and less noticeable.”

After her last statement, Marth gave a heartfelt speech and left for the park. Kevin as well as a few others followed her. As they were walking, Kevin decided he would introduce himself to the group.

"Well.. my name is Kevin Patel. I'm from Olivine City," Kevin said shyly to the group with Eevee walking next to him, attempting to keep up with the fast pace of the group.

Last edited:

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
~ Xavier Landown ~

No no no no no! This was not happening, it couldn't be happening. It just didn't make ant sense. Xavier hung up the phone after a second failed attempt to get someone, anyone he knew to remember him. He tried a third number, and the ringing was coming from the other line just as a small bell-like pokemon hopped up in front of him and gave a shrill cry. He recognized the pokemon as a Chingling, but he didn't know who it belonged to. His head was spinning too much for him to realize the little pokemon was trying to get his attention, so he simply tried to ignore its ringing as he waited for the other much less annoying ringing on the other end of the line to stop. Unfortunately, it simply drew a voice mail. Xavier sighed and placed his seemingly useless phone back into his pocket. His friends didn't even remember his name. Maybe his parent's didn't remember him either.

“Ching, don’t be rude.” a voice said.

The small Chingling at his feet turned and headed over to an older, red-haired man dressed in a interesting red and yellow coat that reminded Xavier of something a nobleman of the past would wear. He seemed to be the Chingling's trainer, as well as the trainer of a Misdrevious. The man said something to the Misdrevious that Xavier didn't quite catch.

For some reason, it was at that moment that Xavier realized that the Chingling might have been trying to get his attention. It was a psychic type, so maybe it had been sent to try and find him. Xavier stood from the bench and made his way over to the interesting man.

"Um..., was your Chingling trying to get my attention?" Xavier quickly put his hand behind his head. "Oh, I'm sorry. That was kind of rude wasn't it? My name is Xavier." He held out his hand to the man, expecting an introduction, or at least a handshake, in return.

Mrmagius

~Deity of Valleity~
Kali Chang

As Kali kept walking she couldn't stop the questions continuously popping into her head, none of which she had any answer for. Her biggest concern was how she was going to finish her assignment without actually remembering how the champ battles had ended. Its not like she could make it up on the fly or anything. Then again she could ask one of her friends, she knew several that had been really excited about going. But what about the rest of it? Those...beats, fighting, in broad daylight. They couldn't have been more blatant and yet no one remembered them.

Simmering in self doubt, the weary journalist aproached the coast, the salty seabreeze combing through her hair and hitting her square in the face. Eventually she reached a grassy verge after which there was a moderate drop, sand and eventually sea, for miles outwards. She stood still and took a big deep breath of the revitilizing gust that whipped her blonde hair out behind her like a wedding trail. She could see her house from here, to her left, next to the cliff face and right in front of the steps that lead onto Lilycove's beach. A small, old, quaint blue cottage. Mark had been so passionate about it when they viewed it, he was that rare white picket fence guy who just wanted to start a family, "the marrying kind". She had't been too crazy on it or the idea of raising kids, but she just couldn't take that way from him and after they'd gotten Terri her whole perspective on the situation had changed.

Taking her key out of her pocket she slipped it into the hole in the door and turned the knob. It took a little force but heavily the wood have way and the door swung open. Afterall, it was an old cottage.

"I'm home" She hollored, throwing the front door closed behind her, placing her squarely in. She couldn't hear anyone, so she assumed Mark was in the back. He used to work as a contractor but had a career switch shortly before they moved and now works in web design which is, thankfully, a home based job meaning he can also watch the kid. She walked a bit further through the dark hallway but before she'd even reached the entrance to the living room the wonan could tell something was off. She could put her finger on it but the whole place seemed different to her, like when you go in a rook and you know something's different about it but not quite what. She took a cursory glance around. Everything seemed the same, although the hallway looked a lot more bare...but what was missing?

Movig into the Lounge Kali felt the exact same thing. The room had four walls with a large bay window facing to the west of The City, dark wood flooring, solid earthbrown wallpaper and spot lights built into the roofbeams. The entrance was basically a huge, square shaped hole in the wall wth the sofa just left of it, near the window and the television stoof against the oppsite wall. There were some knicknacks as well scattered amongst the drawers and telephoe table. Exactly like she remembered it. So what was wrong?

Suddenly, something to her left gave out a high pitched cry. Kali immediately ran over and found as she expected, Terri, in the playpen crying. She could tell as she picked her up it wasn't a "I'm hungry" cry or anythin like that. Just trapped wind and so she began bouncing her up and down on her shoulder whilst walking around, trying to alleviate the child's distress. After a little bit the girl settled down but Kali continued to hld her as her gaze lazily wept across the various ornaments her and Mark had collected over the years.

And that's when she realised what was wrong. It was her.

As Kali's eyes fell upon the Cabinet where they kept all their wdding memorabilia she stopped dead, doing a double take in the process. She wasn't there. All of her wedding stuf was out but there was nothing that even remotely connected her to the big day. She looked at he snap of her and Mark just after they'd been married by the priest, but she wasn't there. Mark was there, her friends were in the background but she wasn't the bride. Instead of her a brown haired, brown skinned, stunningly beautiful woman was there, in her dress, kissing her husband. And then she realised something else, her friends weren't there either, Mark's were, but then there were some people who she'd never seen before. Upon seeing all this Kali almost dropped the baby, What the hell was going on?

Quickly, she positioned Terri so that the kid was being comfortably propped up against her hip with her mother's left arm, using the other to almost rip the Cabinet door open. As soon as it was open she flipped open the white wedding album, velhemently flipping the pages to find anything with her in. Nothing, just that girl over and over again. She looked around the room, walking back into the center. She could see now why she felt weird when she walked in. None of the ornanments she'd bought were there. Her coffee table that she just realized used to be between the TV and couch had dissapeared. Nothing of hers was there. She was open to the possibility to have been burgled but why just her stuff? Afterall she'd always thought she had good taste but that was just ridiculous.

"Mark!" She called, stalking through the kitchen entrance, opposite the bay windows with the wedding album in hand, looking for more things of hers "Mark, where are you?!" She threw open the fridge door. Almost empty and yet she'd only been shopping yesterday. As she closed it she noticed more photos of that woman on its cover, where hers used to be, what in Hoenn's name was happening?

"Just put the kid down"

To Kali's left a tall, lean white man with pitch-black hair and dressed in a T-shirt + jeans combo stood in the the entrace to the study. It was Mark. Sweet, compassionate, understanding Mark. Only now that's not what she saw. His eyes were full, full of fear, tension and rage. Then, he put his hands out open in the air in surrender "I don't know who you are but just...give me my kid"

"Mark what the <CENSORED> is this?" She spat, clearly upset and hanging the open wedding album between them, showing the pictures of the supposed bride. The man seemed as if he was about to make a grab as he lunged a little forard but stopped himself, biting his lip.When he didn't answer she was about to speak up until she noticed the tears welling up in his eyes.

"That is, was...my wife...she dissapeared almost a year ago today" He went on covring his hand with his mouth and staring down at the floor. All of a sudden Kali threw the album onto the counter making a loud slamming noise, grabbing her husband's attention.

"OK, I don't know what's going on but you have got to cut the cr-"

"Get out" He interrupted. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. She searched his eyes for any hint of sarcasm or badly hidden humour but there was nothing. They were hollow with only rage and pain filling his the yawning void of his soul. He then moved towards her to take Terri from her arms, she was so stunned she just let it happen. It was like a daydream, it was just too surreal. She just obliged as he pushed her along, through the living room and through the hallway and eventually out the front door with a short "Get out and don't come back" and just loced the doors on her there and then.

"OK...I've landed in the twilight zone, need to get out now" She couldn't help thinking as she paced the grass in front of her yard. She had been kicked out of her own house. A house where she didn't own anything, her own wedding didn't feature her and her own husband was seeing someone else. And yet she had a key? A key to a life that wasn't hers. For the first ten minutes she thought it really must be a joke and just paced the yard. Still, she couldn't help but remember that look on his face, she'd never seem anything like it. Full of anger and hurt and despair. Where'd he get that look?

Then she had a horrible thought. Hastily she ripped a pokeball from her belt and tossed it to the ground in front of her. The white and red sphere burst into a shower of sparks, forming into the shape of a ten-pointed star.

"Hooouuuuhhh" Starmie cooed as it was sent out. Kali kept her ground and merely stared at the pokemon.

"Glitter" She stated. Ater a reply from the pokemon she let out a breath of relief. At least her pokémon remembered her, so she wasn't insane at least not completely. Then out of the blue she had a slight flashback:

"You extraordinary individuals are the only witnesses to this event. Everything of this battle will be forgotten. You will not be remembered as well, seeing as the Memorial Blast is ineffective to you. Search out the legendary pokemon also resistant, and you will discover why..."

That's what the voice had said after those creatures had erupted from the sky. It must've been real, everything it had predicted had happened after all, no one remembered the battle and no person remembered her. So what could she do now? She didn't even know who half the legendary pokemon of this region were and its not like the garden variety type made an effort to make themselves known, well, not after this morning anyways...She started waking. Inquisitively, Starmie followed. That voice was speaking in the plural so there had to be more people than just her that were going through the same stuff and some of them might still be at the stadium which was exactly where she was headed now...

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
-Shan Redbird

He shook Xavier’s hand, nodding. “I told them to look for those who had remembered, but weren’t remembered.”

The teenager’s eyes showed that he understood this. A good start, at least.

“You may call me Shan if you like. I was here with my son and two students, but they’re on their own now. It’s remarkable how quickly the human mind can adapt to a sudden change.” It hurt some, admitting this. But as he clenched his fist, he knew that if the others were young like Xavier, they might need him to be strong and collected.

By his arm, Ginger bumped into him. “Mmmm-mmi,” she stammered, glancing off towards a nearby park. Trees rustled in the breeze as people walked through or gathered to talk. But the Misdreavus’ beaded necklace was glowing a faint pink, indicating that the fearful and uncertain energy she fed off of was strong somewhere nearby.

“Ginger can lead us to others,” he explained. “If we are to trust what was said, we have a lot of ground to cover.”

“Ching!” Eager to show that he was no slacker, Ching fluttered his ribbons and took off again.

InnerFlame

Fire and Ice Combo
Izzy Brill

The pokemon reach it head out towards Izzy, asking for her to stroke her with a purr. She was going to take the opportunity to feel just how smooth her skin and eyebrows were; then its master brought back into the pokeball.

“Aww… me wanted to look at it more…” whined with much disappointment. As she frowned at the missed chance to touch a Milotic, she was close enough to the tall guy to overhear him muttering to himself. “Ooo I have a pokemon like that, he does it randomly normally but he always comes out when I say… isn’t it a sunny day?” Right on cue one of her pokeballs with a flash and a Sunkern emerge. Slowly, Zees hopped into the middle of the street, yawned lazily, and closed his eyes. “All of his energy is use for finding a sunny spot where doesn’t have to use energy.” She laughed at the irony of what the pokemon does.

Something grabbed her right shoulder- the side of her peach shirt that had a sleeve- and she twisted her head to meet the blue hair cop. “I got you.” Officer Jenny stated.

“Ahh!” Izzy jumped twirling around and backing up right into the guy. She bolted behind him. “Crap, the clone followed us here.”

Ark barked turning as if ready to flee off again. She shook her head barking back and then pointed towards her Sunkern. The Arcanine looked grim; he knew exactly what she was getting at… Zees was lazy and unmotivated but when it come to sitting in the sunlight, he would stubbornly keep going back into it at least until he gets a few minutes in it, which was about the time he falls asleep. The large pokemon dash over to go retrieve the pokemon but moment his shadow land the grass-type, it saw began to whistle a soothing tune, and Ark was out light weak flame in a vicious rainstorm.

“Well good attempt anyway…” She returned the sleeping fire-type to his pokeball. “Okay, I’ll yield but there’s need to chase me I haven’t done anything.”

“If haven’t done anything why did you flee at the first sight me. What were you doing to that kid?” Officer Jenny asked still very suspicious of the blonde bang, redhead.

“Let me put it this way… I don’t trust clones” Izzy said in a very serious tone. Officer Jenny at most looked confused, “You clones may have convince everyone else that you all just ‘happened’ to look a like but not me, I’m not going to let my guard down. I’m not going to let you steal my organ for research or chip me so you can know exactly where I am and what I’m doing.”

“…..” The blue hair cop was speechlessly shocked because just by listening to the girl, she could tell this girl was absolutely serious. Should such a person be walking the street…?

“As for Jay I was just examining him, he suddenly didn’t remember me after the really amazing, large pokemon were battling in the sky. If only there were a little closer to the ground.” She suddenly changed the subject; she really wished she could have gotten a better look at them.

“All right… How… about we go to the police station, and call you parents?” As she mentioned that, Izzy face turned sad and she looked down is if she didn’t want anyone to see her but it was still very seeable…

“…My parents… I haven’t seen my dad since I was five… and my mom… won’t answer any of my calls or even look at me… So calling them is pointless. Besides I’m a big girl and I can take care of myself.”

“Oh…” Officer Jenny knew she had touched on bad subject, “Sorry, well you don’t seem to have done anything… I’ll let you go. Try not to cause any problems…”

With that she left but gloomy aura still flutter in the area… Izzy just stood there staring off. After awhile she deeply exhaled and turned toward the guy smiling. “That’s right I never introduce myself. My name is Izefia Brill but you can call me Izzy.”

Son_of_Shadows

Joshua Colquhoun

How immature is this kid? "Me wanted to look at it more?" How old is she, four?! I mean, really... However, his angry thought rant was interrupted by the arrival of Officer Jenny, and the girl jumping behind him in fear. Ah, excellent, she's seen the assault, and is going to arrest her! As it turned out, he was wrong. The girl, who was essentially an orphan, wasn't even cautioned. Still, when she mentioned that she had her mother wouldn't even look at her, something brought Joshua back down to earth, and he felt a pang of pity for her. He thought about his own mother, and Aero, who she'd given to him. He felt guilty. It had been a genuine accident, he really needed to learn to control his temper. Several minutes passed after the clone left before either of them spoke.

“That’s right I never introduce myself. My name is Izefia Brill but you can call me Izzy.”

"... Joshua Colquhoun. Silent 'q', silent 'u'. I'm sorry I yelled at you, I just have a really, really short fuse..." he said, wringing his hands, and looking at the ground in shame.

Z-gon

Gotta move that gear
Ray Chang

He heard one girl mumble to herself "So everybody forgot about us huh? Good riddance.It's not like anybody would not want to remember me anyway..."

That was all Ray could hear from the girl. Then Ray couldn't hear anything until he was sure he heard the same girl say "By the way, If we're the only ones that remember this we outta know who we are. I'm Jay... Darkheart." After a bit he got somewhat tired and he wanted to take a nap, but it wasn't time for lazy bones, it was time to get somewhat serious."How are we supposed to seek out these legendaries? I mean where are we supposed to start?"

one boy asked. Ray was certain he couldn't answer that question, but he hoped somebody else could.Then the girl who screamed after the blast said "I agree with Jay. We should get to know each other, considering we all have something in common. I'm Marth, Marth Kane..."
After she introduced herself she had a heartfell speech and they went outside. Once they got out there Ray said to everyone with him "I'm Ray... Ray Chang."

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
~ Xavier Landown ~

“Ginger can lead us to others,” Shan explained. “If we are to trust what was said, we have a lot of ground to cover.”

"Yeah, I'm still trying to make heads or tails of it myself." Xavier said.

Ching made a loud cry as he hurried off towards the group of people now forming in the park. Shan and Ginger followed, so Xavier really had no choice but to follow as well.As they neared the group, Xavier took note of each person who was there, just so he wouldn't forget what they looked like if he needed to find one of them again. He was always doing random things like that. He also noticed that in addition to Shan, several of the others had their pokemon out. Pokemon must have retained their memories. Maybe it was because they were in their pokeballs when it happened? Who knew?

Xavier grabbed a pokeball and released his Gardevoir, Lucia. A wave of calmness, but also a bit of worry at the tense emotions, emanated through Xavier's mind as Lucia appeared. Just to make sure, you remember me right? Xavier thought. Lucia nodded, but couldn't help but feel a bit confused.

"Don't worry, I'll fill you in later." he said before realizing he had just said that out loud in front of a random group of people, not to mention Shan.

Mrmagius

~Deity of Valleity~
Kali Chang

Although she hadn't quite arrived yet Kali could hear a little commotion not far from her destination, the Stadium. Perhaps she was right after all, that this was biger than just her...Silently she continued to storm across the grass, moving off the beaten path and into the encroaching wilderness. She couldn't be bothered with sticking to the road, it would take too long and she'd never been a very patient woman. Glitter loyally followed, using it's psychic power leviate inches above the Earth and glide across its surfrace as all Starmie did. She was rapidly approaching a clutch of trees when suddenly Kali heard something from the border. Through the trunks she could see a faint pink light illuminating the woods beyond. The Stadium was now viewable on the horizon but it could wait.

"Hoouuuhhh" The Starmie whispered cautiously from Kali's side, moving slightly in front of its trainer defensively. The journalist merely peered on, watching the trees with bated breath, crouching down low amongst the lush grass below her feet. The light stayed in the woods for a moment, but then gradually brightened as whatever emanated it approached, still hidden by the trees. She tensed up but put a hand on her Mysterious water type's tp point, signifyng she should hold back. Confidently Kali straightened her posture slightly so that she was now hunch-backed and began to creep forwards, towards the trees, drawing closer and closer until finally she was at the edge of the forest, only a couple of trees separating her and the light. inally, she poked her head around to discover...

"Miiii!"

Just a few feet in front of her a small ghost type pokemon hovered, eyeig her warily. The pink light she'd seen before was coming from a string of red pearl like spheres that hung suspended around the pokemon's neck. Now she remembered, it was called Misdreavus as a species. But it didn't look wild, it appeared too tame, if a little sinister, not lke any of the wild Misdreavus' she'd encountered before...

"Are you lost?" Kali asked, her voice tipped with concern. She held her right hand out, open palmed as a friendly gesture but the pokemon didn't budge. Instead it eyeed her a little longer as if studying her and with another cry, softer this time, it floated away, in the general direction of the stadium. Kali and her pokémon watched it for a second or two before it stopped moving away turned around and cried again after which it went for the Arena once more.

"Hhhooo-hhoouuuuuuuhh?" Glitter chimed in curiously.

"I dunno but we're gonna find out" Kali answered, following the misdreavus.

---------------------------

Eventually after a couple of minutes of walking the ghostly guide lead the pair to a couple of figures, not too far away from a crowd in the distance. One seemed almost half her age with the other being the inverse. At least so it seemed. Kali was quickly learning that, for today at least, appearances can be very deceiving. She walked up to the eldest male.

"OK, I don't know why but I think you're pokemon wanted me to follow it to you, does this have anything to do with that battle in the sky earlier?" Kali demanded, crossing her arms and waiting fervently for reply. She wasn't really in the mood for niceties after the day she'd already had, she just wanted answers and fast.

Last edited:

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
(hope you don’t mind the one line from Marth... I’m far too used to writing massive conversations.)

-Shan Redbird

Ginger got nervous as they approached the group. Crowds weren’t her favorite thing, so Shan thought nothing of it when she drifted off as if to hide. Instead, he looked over the group she had led them to. “You would be the ones who are witnesses as well.”

“Yeah,” one of the girls answered. “We’re waiting on some others... I’m Marth.”

“All right.” He glanced back; Xavier was checking with his Gardevoir. “I’m Shan Redbird, a traveler and a teacher. I know of some of the legends... not all. What do you know? Think about it.” He pulled off his backpack and opened it up, searching for his prayer book. That would have some information.

A woman came up from behind them. Despite having a small diamond stud pierced on her nose, she was dressed like a professional working woman. She looked frazzled and it didn’t take a Pokemon’s power to recognize that she was upset over what was going on. "OK, I don't know why but I think your pokemon wanted me to follow it to you. Does this have anything to do with that battle in the sky earlier?"

“Yes, that’s why we’re gathering. I told her to look for the witnesses” Shan looked to his ghost; she was looking at his backpack, wondering if she could hide behind it. “Good work, Ginger. Would you like a rest?”

“Si,” she agreed, wanting to be alone. He recalled her.

Last edited:

InnerFlame

Fire and Ice Combo
Izzy Brill

The guy looked down, squeezing his hand tightly in a sense of shame. She knew he felt horrid, but hearing him apologizing actually made her happy.

“Joshua Colquhoun” she pronounced it just like Joshua did, she was good at that. She hummed and tilted her head as she appeared to be thinking about something. “J.C. you don’t have to feel too bad, I’ve been told worst things, you get used to it. But that was really nice to apologize to me; I guess there was some under all that rage.”

She went over and gave the guy a soft pat on the back. Joshua was now officially her friend that she had even given a nickname to. He might not like it but even if it wasn’t for long she thought she’ll hang around him. Maybe she’ll even get a chance to see his Milotic or other of his pokemon. Just thinking about made her wondered what kind of pokemon he had, what kind of personality they had. Izzy found herself getting more curious as time went by with those thoughts running through her mind. As smirk appeared as something came to mind.

“Hey, J.C. were you going anywhere important before you nearly got run over.” The wavy hair girl brought the whole nearly injuring him on her Arcanine incident back up. “Because maybe we could have a friendly battle.” Izzy threw out some bait hoping he would take a snap at it and she would get the chance to see his pokemon.

Son_of_Shadows

Joshua smiled as Izzy reassured him. He was a naturally guilty person; he couldn't help it. "J.C... I like it. It's pretty cool." He smiled quite pathetically, and she gently patted him on the back. Her hand was warm, probably because of her Arcanine. She appeared curious, then smirked. For some reason, he got a bad feeling from that. Fortunately, he had no reason to be worried, as Izzy simply asked him to battle. Joshua grinned. "A battle, eh? Well, I was doing a little training before you got here. Escalia didn't get much of an opportunity to fight, so I'll be using her."

The boy took his position at the opposite end of the battlefield to Izzy, nearer the stadium, and drew his Milotic's Pokeball. "Escalia, standby!" he called, and in an bright white flash, the beautiful water snake appeared in front of him, Her scales glittered in the sunlight, evidence of the Dry Poffins she loved so much. "You have the first move, Izzy."

OOC: InnerFlame, you have permission to bunny for this battle, as in my experience, battles between chars take ridiculous amounts of time without it. Either outcome is fine by me.

InnerFlame

Fire and Ice Combo
((Okay if you want me to but normally with other RPG I done someone would started off the battle and write their part send it to the other person through PM they write their part and we continue until it’s complete then someone could fix up and any awkwardness in it and post it. Well I don’t know your battle style if you want to change anything, just tell me.))

Izzy Brill

In her mind, she cheered as her plan was success now it was her chance to get a better look at her- erm she meant J.C.’s Milotic. She decided to move over the Sunkern still bathing in the sun now in a deep slumber.

“Hmm… Zees would be good for this battle since he doesn’t like to do anything” She stood next the little grass pokemon as she pull out other of her poke ball, this one was different, instead of the normal red and white balls. This one was a yellow and dark blue on the top and white on the bottom, an ultra ball that contains one of Izzy’s most unique pokemon. “Whoo, come out Satin and let’s have some fun!”

She tossed her ball up as it open in a flash of light her pokemon appeared with a sparkly appearance, a pink male Sneasel. He coolly stood with it arms cross and eyes closed. As he opens his golden eyes can glared at his opponents.

“Heehee isn’t he cute, looking all cool” she commented with a giggle. Satin looked rather peeved after her statement; he mumbled something with much anger under his breathe. “Alright our move… Nel ne.” With that the pokemon nodded looking at the Milotic and smiled. The Sneasel suddenly disappeared, quickly reappear and striking the beauty of the water from the left with a Faint Attack. Izzy commanded him to do something different in the Sneasel language and the pokemon lifted his arm to attack.

“Escalia, Water Pulse” Joshua commanded and the tan serpent quickly form a ball of water and hit him point-blank defusing the dark, ice-type attack and knocking backwards. He landed on his feet and a scratchy screech screamed out as used his claws to halt his movement. A serious scowl in eyes and a smirk on his face, the Sneasel was far from finished. “Keep at it, with Water Pulse.” Escalia began shooting consecutive shot of Water Pulse at Satin but the clawed pokemon dodge them with ease, speed was his most powerful species’ trait.

Izzy commanded something new but unless you spoke Sneasel you wouldn’t know what she was saying until it happened. Satin moved in close opened his mouth and a beam of blue shot out speeding towards the long eyebrow pokemon. As the attack hit it but didn’t even make the pokemon faze. Not the best attack to use on it for so many reason.

“Dragon Pulse, now!” The tall male ordered and the Milotic created large orange ball of condensed power (okay I don’t know what Dragon Pulse looks like so I’m just making it up) and send it at the Sneasel still in close quarters with her. That attack a directly hit and Satin fell to the ground. His trainer looked with shock as she put her hand to her mouth. It wasn’t long though until he stirred stubbornly getting back on his feet, and wiped dark smudges on his cheek. Then quite cockily moved his left set claws in that motion that meant ‘bring it on.’ “Pretty tough Sneasel. Escalia, Water Pulse.” It fired another Water Pulse but the still swiftly dodge it and without any command from Izzy, he on his own decided to use a Slash that did critical damage.

With that the girl cheered at the pokemon’s well placed attack. She then said something else and it seemed to completely throw the pink-furred pokemon off as well as infuriate him. As he angrily snapped at her shaking a fist, Izzy just somewhat disappointed persistently seemed to try to convince them. Joshua obvious confused on what she might have said to her pokemon but decide to use it to his advantage.

“Recover!” The Milotic began to glow and it wounds rapidly began to heal. Izzy gestured the Sneasel to go now before it was too late. Still resentfully get went, speeding off. Making it to the pokemon just as the pokemon completed her Recover move he perform a quick motion that scratch the top of her head. He then moved back over to Izzy and seemed to hand her something that anyone from a distance couldn’t see.

“Yeah, thanks this will be perfect” She got a book and began to something else until Satin angrily shouted at her for not paying attention to the battle. Again using Izzy lack of attention to his advantage, J.C. tried to get an attack on her pokemon.

“Dragon Pulse” He ordered and the ball energy was formed and shot at the pink Sneasel. It hit the spot where it was but as the attack disappeared the Sneasel wasn’t there. It didn’t take long to spot him, his side was singe as it appeared that attack had still hit him despise his using a Faint Attack to dodge it. Breathing deeply with noticeable exhaustion yet the determinedness in his eyes was still strong. Vanishing once again he appeared on the Milotic’s back, attack and quickly followed it with a Slash to the back of the pokemon neck, which was other critical strike. That was strong enough and well placed to cause Escalia to lose consciousness. With that it was match and Izzy won, or more correctly Satin won. The Sneasel crossed his arm and stood triumphal.

“Wow, good job there, Satin” She went over and slapped the pokemon on the back. The shiny Sneasel winced and silently screeched; he was in more pain than he had put on. Out of rage he scratched Izzy across the face. “Owie, ha-ha if your hurt you shouldn’t be acting all tough.” She laughed and it only annoyed the Sneasel more. “Nice battle, J.C., if it was any of my other pokemon you might have won.”

((Note: All that attack with special effects I did use a random number picker to see if it would work or not. Also did you know that even if Milotic Speed was at it highest and Sneasel as at its lowest he would still be faster.))

Son_of_Shadows

Joshua Colquhoun

"A very good job, Escalia... Return, you need to rest," he said, zapping Escalia once again with the red laser, drawing back inside the tiny orb. The physics of that mystified Joshua, as it did most people. "Well, now all three of my Pokemon need healing... Shall we head to the Pokemon Centre? Your Sneasel... Satin, I think you called him? Whatever, he probably took some heavy damage in that battle." he asked. Before Izzy could reply, he was already walking. He had assumed that she would already be following. A pink Sneasel, eh... Never seen one of those, though I did see a green Tangela once, near Pallet Town... Route 21, I believe it was. "I wonder what causes a Pokemon to become shiny... Diet? Habitat? Genetic mutation? There are so many mysteries in this world..." he sighed, his eyes positively sparkling. He looked at Izzy, who he expected to be giving him a strange look. She was not. Joshua felt himself redden embarrassedly. "Sorry, I'm rambling, aren't I..."

Skillfulness

OOC: I hope I forgot no one! *blushes in case I did* Also, to everyone that was at the balcony, if you're keeping up, you might want to make a post soon if you want to follow. Out of curtosy, I'm PMing everyone who hasn't posted yet or hasn't posted in a week. Another reminder, if anyone has question or comment, PM me or head on to the Disscusion Thread!

Marth Kane

All right! Marth thought. She had figured people would think she was being sentimental, which she was, but it seemed not everyone thought it strange. As she trotted down the stairs, she heard footsteps and out of the corner of her eye, say Jay with her Vulpix following. Marth turned to the park, so she saw no one else, but when she sat down, there was at least two other people joining too. Jay nodded to her and sent out her Pokemon team and sat against a tree as her Pokemon roamed around. She seemed in deep thought, so Marth didn’t interrupt. I don’t want it to look like I’m picking favorites… she thought, but Marth really wanted to get down to business.

"Well… my name is Kevin Patel. I'm from Olivine City," Kevin said shyly to the group as he drew near. Marth smiled at him, feeling he had an innocent aura that made him cute. He looked about Marth’s age, then again, so did most of the other trainers or coordinators there…

"I'm Ray... Ray Chang,” said yet another boy. He had green hair that REALLY made him stand out. Marth closed her mouth and nodded to him, noticing that he actually looked really young too. Marth thought now might be a good time to release her Pokemon, so she brought out her three Poke Balls. The red beams emitting from the spheres formed into a Taillow, Growlithe, and Chikorita. Sear, her Growlithe, haughtily looked the other trainers and Pokemon up and down, and then curled up at Marth’s feet. Tails flew to the tree tops and circled lazily. Chompy warmly greeted the trainers and their Pokemon and then ran off to make friends with Jay’s Abosl and Vulpix.

“This is my family of Pokemon, the only family that remembers anyway. Chompy the Chikortia, Sear the egotistic Growlithe, and Tails my loyal Taillow. Don’t feel pressured to, but if you want to send out your Pokemon, it might provide some comfort.”

Marth caught movement from her peripheral vision and saw an elderly man coming close along with a collage aged student.

"Don't worry, I'll fill you in later,” said the younger of the two. He blushed, but Marth and the red dressed man only seemed to notice. He had a Gardevoir and the man in red was followed by a Chingling and Misdrevious. They walked purposefully towards them. Marth stood up, maybe startling the three others with her, but she walked a step or two towards the new arrivals.

“You would be the ones who are witnesses as well.”

“Yeah. We’re waiting on some other… I’m Marth,” she replied. The man was old, so in all probability, wise. He looked it too so Marth hoped he would be helping them.

“I’m Shan Redbird, a traveler and a teacher. I know of some of the legends... not all. What do you know? Think about it,” he said as if reading her thoughts. He rummaged in his backpack as Marth starting hypothesizing. Now, another elder approached, maybe not as old but she was older than the majority.

"OK, I don't know why but I think your Pokemon wanted me to follow it to you. Does this have anything to do with that battle in the sky earlier?" she asked Shan. He answered simply and continued to dig through his pack. Marth surveyed the cluster of trainers with hopeful feelings. Although most are young, I think we’ll make it through this trouble eventually, she thought. Plus, I might have a good idea as to what happened… Marth’s mind wandered to her research about the Ruins of Alph, the Unknown, and the possibility of a reverse world. Since Palkia and Dialga are the essence of time and space, maybe there is a reverse world and we have some sort of connection to it… She would share her ideas later, mostly because she still wasn’t sure of anything she thought up. For now, she would let the trainers converse and hopefully make friendships. Marth didn’t want to hand out names in case anyone had worries about vulnerability. Instead, she decided to talk with Shan, the one most fit to be leader.

“My father was a scientist and I’ve looked over some of his work and continued other parts. That could be useful. But, I have my own hypothesis. For that, I would like to move somewhere more private. Anyway, what do you think about this crowd? You think they’re ready for whatever comes? I know I am and my impression of you looks like you’re ready; but there could be any number of reasons for this and things might get ugly. I trust them… and you took a risk showing up. We need to be like a family in case of the worst. I already gave this speech to the three trainers I found, and some others, but I think you should know that. If you can’t commit, then I think this journey will be a lot harder…” Marth said. She knew it was more personal than most people feel comfortable talking about, but her senses said this is what needed to happen for answers to be found.

ShadoWolfDemon

Live Without Warning
“I’m Shan Redbird, a traveler and a teacher. I know of some of the legends... not all. What do you know? Think about it,” a voice said, cutting off Jay's thoughts. She tensed, the thoughts of her being in a criminal organization still fresh on her mind. What did she know that the others didn't? Easy, she knew how to track down a legend.

Jay finally got up, walking around to make sure her Pokemon were okay. Kitsune and Scythe seemed to have made friends with Marth's Chikorita. Seeing as they were busy romping, Jay continued on, walking up to the other trainers. Her Sceptile, Zero, followed her for emotional support; it was strange for him since Jay knew Zero would rather curl up in the sun.

"Ray and... Kevin?" she asked, unsure. After that she was quiet. She wasn't the best at making conversation. Finally, something popped into her head, so she turned to Kevin, attempting small talk. "You said you came from Olivine? Jhoto seems like an interesting place. Have they got a powerful league? I'd like to challenge them one day..."

Jay was surprised she was asking so many questions, but if anything it showed that she was a dedicated trainer. Still, the babbling was kind of embarrassing, even for her, so she trailed off and rubbed the back of her head nervously. Traveling alone for so long suddenly made her feel weary of the others, but she'd kill herself first rather than let it show, so after she finished talking, her face went back to being set in a straight line, her face emotionless.

"Sceptile," Zero exclaimed, almost as if he was queuing the two trainers to let out their own Pokemon as well. Clearly, Zero was much more excited to make friends than Jay.

Last edited:

Z-gon

Gotta move that gear
Ray Chang

All of the others there said their names. There was Kevin, Jay, Marth, and Shan. For some reason, Jay looked different from the others. Ray couldn't tell.

"This is my family of Pokemon, the only family that remembers me anyway. Chompy the Chikorita, Sear the egotistic Growlithe, and Tails my loyal Tailow." said Marth, as she sent out pokemon that formed Chikorita, Growithe, and a Tailow.

"Ray and... Kevin?" said Jay. Ray turned to her, but instead she looked at Kevin. Ray eagerly wanted to introduce his own Pokemon to everyone, so he sent out his only three Pokemon. Three red and white spheres went flying into the air and created red blasts of light. The light made the shape of an Exploud, a Porygon-Z, and a Grovyle.

"This is the somewhat nice and fight full Exploud." Ray said.

"Exploud!" replied the first one that came out of her Pokeball.

"Porygon-Z is smart at battling and kindness." exclaimed Ray.

“Porygon, Por, Porygon-Z." Porygon-Z said.

"Last, Grovyle, is the cool one of the group." Ray ended.

"Groooo..." Ray's Grovyle said coolly.

InnerFlame

Fire and Ice Combo
Izzy Brill

Izzy was spraying her Sneasel with a Hyper Potion when J.C. mentioned the Pokemon Center, the most suspicious place in nearly every town and city across the world. A place that takes care of any injured pokemon for free yet still somehow gets money from some unknown place to buy all of their medicine and equipment. The logical answer is taxes, but she still had her doubts especially since ever center comes equipped with its very own clone. “Nah don’t worry about Satin, I’ve already apply some medicine. He has a few scraps and cut but it’s mostly above the skin deep injures that should-”

As she looked up, she realized J.C. had already started leaving and she had been talking to herself. Juggling through the book and the poke balls she finally got Satin’s poke ball called him back. Getting up once more she was about to sprint over when again she realized she was about to leave her Sunkern, who still napping quietly even through the battle. Thinking, she decided to let Zees have a little more time in the sun. A sign of kindness the grass pokemon will probably never know of. With her decision she hoisted the pokemon into her arms along with the book that she was looking through during the battle, and ran towards Joshua. As she caught up to him she heard him say, “-many mysteries in this world..." with a sigh. He then turned to her and looked her in the eyes. His face suddenly turned scarlet and then he said "Sorry, I'm rambling, aren't I..."

“Wa-wa, wow! Your face is red and I mean like prizing winning tomato red. I would so pinch your cheeks if my hand weren’t full and if I could get up there.” It was a bit of a surprise to Izzy, only a short awhile ago he was yelling at her and now he was getting all embarrassed. She always liked making new friends rather than having people looking at like her as if she escaped from a mental asylum. “Sorry to say I missed most of your rambling, but I do agree that there are many mysteries in this world. And most of them are about pokemon but I think the biggest mystery is the pokemon themselves. And that why I’m going to try to learn whatever I can about them.” There was excitement and emotion in her voice that expressed her love of the creatures of mysteries, as she spoke those words.

iKevin

"Ray and... Kevin?" Jay asked, unsure.

Kevin turned around to look at her, and she continued.

"You said you came from Olivine? Jhoto seems like an interesting place. Have they got a powerful league? I'd like to challenge them one day..." she asked.

"Ye-yes, Olivine City. And, yes, I suppose you could say it's a quite powerful league. Many interesting Gym leaders." Kevin replied.

Eevee was looking towards the other Pokemon at this time.

"Go on Eevee. Go and play, I'll be fine," Kevin told Eevee. Then Eevee swiftly ran over and began to interact with the other Pokemon.

"Pokemon sure know how to get along," Kevin said.

Son_of_Shadows

Joshua Colquhoun

"Get up here? Girl, I'm only a couple of inches taller than you... It's not like I'm Jordan Michael, the Cerulean Waves' all-star," he clarified. The Cerulean Waves were the local basketball team, and were third in Kanto's league. Joshua did not support basketball, but as the Waves were the talk of the town, he knew of their star player. "Perhaps we could learn a little more about this world by working together," he suggested as they walked into the Centre together. Izzy seemed slightly uneasy about the whole business, not that Joshua noticed. He willingly handed over all three of his Pokeballs to Nurse Joy, but he could swear he heard Izzy muttering something along the lines of "Freaky clone" under her breath. This girl was... weird, it had to be said. Still, she seemed genuine, and they appeared to have some things in common. It'd be interesting to see how this friendship developed, if at all. Joshua took a seat in the Centre's waiting room, relaxing in a leather seat.