• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mending a Broken Spirit! (888)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
A Broken Twig: A Broken Heart! Braixen's Strong Feelings!!

On their way to Anistar City, Serena begins training for the next Pokémon Showcase, but during the training the twig in Braixen's tail breaks. Seeing how heartbroken Braixen is, Ash & co. go hunting for a new twig to replace the broken one, but when Braixen rejects each of the twigs, questions soon begin to arise about why the twig is so important to Braixen. Will they be able to find a replacement?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

WillDaSnail

Soon™?
A very nice development episode for both Serena and Braixen. We get to see the small backstory behind why the broken stick was important to Braixen in the first place. And finally, it was nice to see Braixen regain her confidence at the end, with a new stick.

And Braixen learning Fire Blast is a cherry on the top as well.

7/10

Can't wait for next week's mega hyped to the max amazing episode.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Good episode. Character development for both sides Serena and Braixen, her battling and new move for Braixen. Loved to see James bottle cap love after many episodes.

Only complain about this Episode was Jessie and Meowth interupting the battle.

8/10

Minios

Smoke weed everyday
It's a good episode but can someone explain to me why can't the writers let Serena win a single match? I mean this is a very good episode in term of development but it's not really sastify me! Why? Just why? At least we got Fire Blast...

6.8/10

Remix2

Well this is another episode where team rocket shouldn't be in.

Overall, a good episode with some nice bonding and the queen braixen learning a new move. The only problem was again like the last episode,team rocket was not needed at all.

Last edited:

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
It's a good episode but can someone explain to me why can't the writers let Serena win a single match? I mean this is a very good episode in term of development but it's not really sastify me! Why? Just why? At least we got Fire Blast...

6.8/10

She won. Don't ask me how I know it, I just do. Check Bulbapedia.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Okay I need to talk about this episode because for the most part I got what I wanted.

Briaxen having it’s own agency and wants and desires completley separate from Serena was great to see, I LOVE how the anime liked to point out that Braixen and Serena was so similar in personality and this shows that she inherited some of Serena’s more negative character traits (being her picky nature) and the episode was about learning to move past that.

This is a pretty dialogue heavy episode so I want to wait for subs before I give a full impression of it but Serena was very strong here, trying her best to understand her Pokemon’s feelings and working to resolve them (thanks to James and the old man’s help), the Pancham/Braixen/Serena trifecta is very strong here, honestly I LOVE these three because they care about each other so much, Pancham being guilty of it’s mistake and trying it’s best to find a new stick for Braixen was so sweet, and the first stick Pancham choose ultimately ended up being the one Braixen accepts, with Serena adding her own touch with the ribbon. I think that’s symbolic in a sense, a bit of Pancham and Serena’s love is in Braixen’s new stick, just.. UGHH it was so good, these three are so good together.

I actually did like that we got that flashback with James because it’s been since like ****ing DIAMOND AND PEARL that we got a god damn flashback of the past for TR members, continuity is important. Speaking of TR, they of course bring down the episode with their appearance and interrupt a battle, leaving Serena with no clean battle wins EXCEPT for a triple battle (and that was by proxy, since she was knocked out of the match pretty early), like come on, give me ONE FULL BATTLE, she doesn’t have to win but it’s still a problem that her mirror self has been battle and she has not.

Overall though, really soild, really strong development episode, gave me what I wanted, I can’t wait for Eevee.

LizardonX

Banned
Episode was so boring.

Why did they feel the need to spend an entire episode over a piece of wood.

No wonder they had to pad it with TR.

K.N.

I don’t watch previews so I was just expecting generic filler based on the synopsis, but the flashback and all the interaction with James was a big surprise for me, and it was a nice treat. One thing I didn’t like was that before this episode every time TRio talked about any of their backstory in XY, it was pretty much only in passing comments, probably because they want to keep the kids who have only watched BW from getting confused. It's nice to see some more direct continuity on-screen with something we've seen before BW.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Seriously writers?? You couldn't just give Gallade the swirly eyes -_-....

You know the writers don't care when her mirror form gets a win before her smh.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Hmm yeah it went pretty much as I expected. It was a decent episode. Very dialogue heavy though so i should reserve complete judgment until they get to it.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I couldn't ask for more with this episode. This was truly a Serena episode...well a Braixen one. Braixen's diva actions in this episode were good. The fox is brimming with personality. The Cham was also good in this episode, the dynamics of Team Serena made this episode good. The sidekicks Pokemon got two back to back good episodes. First Team Clemont last episode and now Team Serena this week. Well many called it that Pancham would be the one to get Braixen a new twig and it did, with a little Serena touch to it. I also enjoyed Serena's greed in the opening. She wants more Kalos Queen keys. The Serena episodes have been really good lately. This is a vast improvement over how they were at the start where she was overshadowed in her own episodes. In this one she's the lead and goes periods of it just being her and her Pokemon, and James is there too. This is a wonderful shift for her character. She's getting development and her team have gotten development. If she had a better goal, she'd probably steal "Favorite XY character" from Clemont for me.

My only gripe was of course the battle had unofficial end. Gallade vs Braixen. This was a unofficial win for Braixen after learning Fire Blast. Why they couldn't just let her knock out Gallade is beyond me. Not like this old guy and Gallade are important long term. They aren't are they? And TR interrupting the battle would have made me upset but they return to the battle right after so no real harm done. Overall if you are a Serena fan you will enjoy this episode. Serena is easily the character getting the most growth out of the XY cast, she has good Pokemon and this episode makes me even more excited for her 3rd Pokemon coming up and to see the dynamic spread. Two back to back good episodes for the sidekicks Pokemon. Well played XY.

Edit: Also Serena had a Ursula hand thing going on at the start of her battle. Hopefully she'll fight more so we can see more of that.

Grey Wind

I love Serena's Pokemon. Pancham's concern for Braixen and the way it immediately ran off to find a new twig was adorable. They feel like such a family. :D It was also great to finally see Serena battle again, even if it was cut pretty short. Gallade was a nice choice for the old man and the animation was solid (Scratch looked sweet). I would have preferred a Psychic move over Fire Blast but I'll take what I get at this point.

I hope Eevee integrates well into the group because I love the dynamic between Serena and her Pokemon as it stands. These episodes are always enjoyable.

Last edited:

calvinhobbesliker

I couldn't ask for more with this episode. This was truly a Serena episode...well a Braixen one. Braixen's diva actions in this episode were good. The fox is brimming with personality. The Cham was also good in this episode, the dynamics of Team Serena made this episode good. The sidekicks Pokemon got two back to back good episodes. First Team Clemont last episode and now Team Serena this week. Well many called it that Pancham would be the one to get Braixen a new twig and it did, with a little Serena touch to it. I also enjoyed Serena's greed in the opening. She wants more Kalos Queen keys. The Serena episodes have been really good lately. This is a vast improvement over how they were at the start where she was overshadowed in her own episodes. In this one she's the lead and goes periods of it just being her and her Pokemon, and James is there too. This is a wonderful shift for her character. She's getting development and her team have gotten development. If she had a better goal, she'd probably steal "Favorite XY character" from Clemont for me.

My only gripe was of course the battle had unofficial end. Gallade vs Braixen. This was a unofficial win for Braixen after learning Fire Blast. Why they couldn't just let her knock out Gallade is beyond me. Not like this old guy and Gallade are important long term. They aren't are they? And TR interrupting the battle would have made me upset but they return to the battle right after so no real harm done. Overall if you are a Serena fan you will enjoy this episode. Serena is easily the character getting the most growth out of the XY cast, she has good Pokemon and this episode makes me even more excited for her 3rd Pokemon coming up and to see the dynamic spread. Two back to back good episodes for the sidekicks Pokemon. Well played XY.

Edit: Also Serena had a Ursula hand thing going on at the start of her battle. Hopefully she'll fight more so we can see more of that.

What Ursula hand thing do you mean?