• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mentoring Program for RPGs

PokemonBreederChris

UnlimitedBlade Works
Greetings denizens of the RPG section,
I have come to you today, to offer my services, in that, of creating a mentoring program. Over the years that I have been an active forum user, I have seen the progress of many people’s growths, and in searching I have found that the gift of knowledge is one of the most satisfying awards out there, so I had a thought and decided to offer my knowledge to those who request it. That being said, I have developed somewhat of a mentoring program, to assist in new or old writers to reach their full potential, as everyone can grow as a writer. It would also be nice to find other people who wish to mentor, as well, as everyone has their own unique style to help each other.

Assistance from a respected mentor can be invaluable support in guidance and nurturing of the prospective writer. I offer in this thread, my knowledge and ability as a mentor to those who seek it (and anyone else who wishes to offer theirs). In this program, it is planed in the style of private lessons, one on one contact with mentoree and mentor. This is more so a Beta to an official thread, and ‘program,’ to see if it is popular before anything officially serious is considered.

In my career, I’ve always been a helping hand when asked by fellow peers. I even helped mentor a few people in the past, one person being active today, though I won’t reveal his name unless he wants me to. I even was mentored by a friend of mine on another forum, who taught me manythings in structure for Role Playing. He has been a big factor in my improvement to RPing. Even simple casual events with many of my old friends on this forum of the RPG Section has improved me. So I offer you my services as a mentor, to anyone who wishes it. Those who also wish to mentor, I beseech you, go right ahead, it is always nice to help. Below I have written the goals and roles of the mentor and their mentoree that I see fit. I hope you enjoy.

Thank you,
PokemonBreederChris, (PBC).

The Mentor:
The responsibility of the mentor is at first, to initiate contact with their potential mentoree and start relations from there; scheduling a time when both can be available for a personal evaluation (if requested) and to get to know one another. The mentor should then provide their mentoree informal advice and information if requested. Advice should be on writing, constructing sign ups, organizing plots, managing RPs, and much more. The mentor should be able to direct the mentoree in directions that are best suitable for t he mentoree’s questions. The mentor should treat all interactions and discussions in confidence. The mentor should be supportive guidance and constructive feedback for the mentoree.
The most important task of the mentor is to help the mentoree in achieving excellence and to help the mentoree reach the standards, at minimum, of the Serebii RPG board. This is to be an informal relationship. A good relationship with a supportive, active mentor is known to contribute significantly to a mentoree’s development and satisfaction.

The mentoree:
The responsibility of the mentoree is to keep their mentor informed of any problems or concerns when they arise. The mentoree should also realize the schedules of the mentor, to allow the mentor the opportunity to critique and review the mentoree’s work. There could be multiple mentorees per mentor based on the supply of mentors and demand for them; though each case is handled individually, each case add more time onto the mentor’s schedule. The mentor is dedicating their time for the benefiticial of the mentoree.

Goals for the Mentoree:

Short-term goals
• Familiarization with the customs and environment of the RPG section
• Social networking with fellow peers and mentors
• Developing awareness in understanding The RPG section as a whole
• Constructive criticism and encouragement, compliments on achievements.
• Helping to sort out priorities in writing and organizing RPGs

Long-term goals
• Developing visibility and prominence within the RPGs
• Achieving a feeling of excellence in writing and/or constructing RPGs.
• Mastery of the basics of writing skills

FAQ: Coming soon!

Last edited: