• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Meowth, Colress and Team Rivalry! (780)

dman_dustin

I viewed the episode pictures, and, believe it or not, there was a scene where Magnezone uses a move on a Sewaddle. But what move?

You mean that move that kind of looks like supersonic? (judging by the pictures).

No, I don't what it is, but it does look like supersonic.

Edit: From looking at the pictures, I'm not sure how I feel about two different plots happening in a single episode. Especially one being trying to figure out what's wrong with Pignite, I don't necessarily think that's bad, just kind of seems pointless. I would've preferred a double battle. Charizard and Krookodile vs Excadrill and Dragonite. I think we know who would win that match up.

Last edited:

Lucas MV

You mean that move that kind of looks like supersonic? (judging by the pictures).

No, I don't what it is, but it does look like supersonic.

Edit: From looking at the pictures, I'm not sure how I feel about two different plots happening in a single episode. Especially one being trying to figure out what's wrong with Pignite, I don't necessarily think that's bad, just kind of seems pointless. I would've preferred a double battle. Charizard and Krookodile vs Excadrill and Dragonite. I think we know who would win that match up.

I saw the episode and it was supersonic. Magnezone used it to confuse the wild pokemon so they used attacks randomly and set TP grunts and Angie free from TRio's trap by destroying TR device.

Anyway, the Pignite sub-plot was pointless. But they had to show Ash and co. doing something. So I'm okay with what they choose to do with them. Specially because Charizard played a role in it.
I like how Pignite and Charizard were flamethrowering Ash at the end of the episode. Charizard's flamethrower was far more powerfull xD
And, of course, Zard and Dile would win that battle. Shame we hadn't enough time to do it.

I'm still wondering what the hell had to do with anything those Mareep and Noctowl that Meowth imagined while being mind controlled. Does anybody know?

Last edited:

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Not a bad episode in anyway, but also not that exciting either... 8/10

dman_dustin

The episode wasn't too bad actually, it was better than quite a few of Best Wishes style episodes.

That said, there was really nothing to write home about.

I like how Charizard's flamethrower is stronger than Pignite's, I like that kind of consistency, I'm just wondering why they chose Pignite off all Pokemon, to have this side story, when there are Pokemon Ash has that would murder for the chance. Yes I get that Charizard and Pignite have greater commonalities than the other Pokemon, but how about a side story for Snivy or Palpitoad or Scraggy that has nothing to do with commonalities, maybe even a battle perhaps.

Hell I would've loved a random trainer who wants a full battle with Ash, replace Krookodile for Palpitoad/Scraggy/Boldore/Leavanny. But then again we wouldn't have seen Krookodile.

I'm really surprised that Scraggy hasn't shown up yet, I guess because it wasn't in the opening, but still it's a shame.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
the episode is good :)( team rocket competent and dint blasting off) but it will be better if they just show up ash in beginning and then after title appear all the focus go to team rocket :D
cause for me pignite subplot is unnecessary

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
The episode wasn't too bad actually, it was better than quite a few of Best Wishes style episodes.

That said, there was really nothing to write home about.

I like how Charizard's flamethrower is stronger than Pignite's, I like that kind of consistency, I'm just wondering why they chose Pignite off all Pokemon, to have this side story, when there are Pokemon Ash has that would murder for the chance. Yes I get that Charizard and Pignite have greater commonalities than the other Pokemon, but how about a side story for Snivy or Palpitoad or Scraggy that has nothing to do with commonalities, maybe even a battle perhaps.

Hell I would've loved a random trainer who wants a full battle with Ash, replace Krookodile for Palpitoad/Scraggy/Boldore/Leavanny. But then again we wouldn't have seen Krookodile.

I'm really surprised that Scraggy hasn't shown up yet, I guess because it wasn't in the opening, but still it's a shame.

Well Pignite and Mijumaru were the only ones out, plus who else actually has a nose like that outside of the Krok??

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
You know the plot of today's episode didn't have to be related to last week's plot. That's what I'm saying.

It could've been something entirely different.

Hey at least they showed that the episodes were connected.

At this point, if they are gonna spam a pokemon, the least they can do is have it actually do something.

Also it was interesting seeing the look on Dento's face lol.

Red Charizard

Current Love: Sinnoh
A bit of a filler? Yes.
But I found it to be a very entertaining episode! The Pignite arc was silly and cute and I thought it was nice.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
But I found it to be a very entertaining episode! The Pignite arc was silly and cute and I thought it was nice.

It was still a complete waste of time in my opinion. When I learned that Pignite was gonna appear and that Charizard was involved I assumed that some type of training would take place, but all we got was a sub plot that cut into Team Rocket's screen-time, which was supposed to be the highlight of the episode. I really liked Team Rocket's part of the episode, but the fact that I couldn't completely enjoy the entire episode because of the other sub plot has me beyond pressed to be honest.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Finally watched the episode, it was entertaining, I guess the Pignite plot was there because the writers didn't want to have the kids absent from the episode and give it to TR, I didn't mind it even though I would have prefered him being depressed instead of sick but I guess he migth have finally put that past himself nowadays, atleast it gave us a little moment of all the pokemon being out and happy Dragonite having fun eating with the others, so people don't think he is always grumpy :p.

About the TR plot, I liked it, they basicly wanted to test the machine, isolate Achroma and steal the machine from him and baited them with Meowth, sure they didn't do it but they didn't look silly, they were able to trap Angie and the others grunts, recover Meowth and leave unscathed, they didn't win anything but didn't lose anything either.

Its a shame that they will be back to what they were 100% by DA most likelly...

Toonyoungster

The Capture Champion
Even if the sub-plot was kinda pointless, I appreciate that it was something different than something we've seen before like training practice. Good to have variety, you know what I mean?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Finally watched the episode, it was entertaining, I guess the Pignite plot was there because the writers didn't want to have the kids absent from the episode and give it to TR, I didn't mind it even though I would have prefered him being depressed instead of sick but I guess he migth have finally put that past himself nowadays, atleast it gave us a little moment of all the pokemon being out and happy Dragonite having fun eating with the others, so people don't think he is always grumpy :p.

About the TR plot, I liked it, they basicly wanted to test the machine, isolate Achroma and steal the machine from him and baited them with Meowth, sure they didn't do it but they didn't look silly, they were able to trap Angie and the others grunts, recover Meowth and leave unscathed, they didn't win anything but didn't lose anything either.

Its a shame that they will be back to what they were 100% by DA most likelly...

They were able to plant a recorder or a tracker or something so it wasn't a total loss.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
It's because of this reason that people don't like BW much.

Variety? wait a TR episode every episode is variety? 6 pokemon instead of 9 is variety? sidekicks and rivals all with diferent defined personalities isn't variety?

Anyway off-topic just sayin.

They were able to plant a recorder or a tracker or something so it wasn't a total loss.

Didn't even notice that, I guess so but probably won't amount to much, maybe it helps them tracking them if it is some kind of tracking mechanism like you say and thats what makes them be at the climax(not that they wouldn't randomly show up if it wasn't).

CupidKirby

Highlight of this whole episode for me was Team Rocket. They weren't the butt monkeys for one second, in fact they made Team Plasma look more comical in comparison which was shocking. I liked that bit with Angie being the one to come up with a plan to escape the trap. She really showed why she's higher up in the ranks than the other grunts. What Team Rocket did wasn't pointless. They were trying to recruit Colress and used Meowth as bait. They just happened to fail. And just because of that everyone thinks the plot was pointless. Would you rather it not happen at all? Then everyone would be complaining that Team Rocket isn't doing crap.

I liked the Ash subplot just for Stunfisk and for giving Charizard an excuse to sort-of seismic toss Pignite. It was honestly harmless fun. I don't see how that bit could ruin the whole episode for over half the people here.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
They weren't the butt monkeys for one second, in fact they made Team Plasma look more comical in comparison which was shocking.

Yeah, Colress and Angie have been getting somewhat sillier with each appearance, with Colress as a total looney and Angie as his continually frusturated 'straight-girl'.

What Team Rocket did wasn't pointless. They were trying to recruit Colress and used Meowth as bait. They just happened to fail.

That wasn't their plan. Their plan was to plant a device on the mind control machine to spy on Team Plasma. Meowth was the distraction needed to get them close enough to the machine without Colress and Team Plasma paying much attention. And it was a success. Now Team Rocket knows where Team Plasma is going and can take advantage of what happens in the White Ruins to steal the mind control machine for themselves at last. So yes, their actions here were definately not pointless.

What was the building that N found to have been destroyed by the Genesect? It looked like another lab but that would contradict the implication that they escaped from the P2 Laboratory.

I think that may have been part of his castle and the Genesects were escaping when Reishiram destroyed it; they didn't do it themselves.

They were likely made in the P2 Lab but they didn't escape from there; they were just transported back to Plasma HQ.

Last edited:

RVD_fan

I thought this episode was a step up from the last couple, but still not great. Once again I was disappointed at how quickly the mind control thing was resolved. I would've preferred having Meowth temporarily join Team Plasma and Team Rocket battles to get him back later. It would've been a good chance for Meowth to finally be a badass for a few episodes.

I always like these episodes where Ash bonds with one of his Pokemon, they've been scarcely few in Best Wishes, so I'm not too upset that it was kind of filler-y. I did find it odd that Krookodile was there and not Boldore when Boldore was used before and was featured so prominently in the opening.