• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Meowth, Colress and Team Rivalry! (780)

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Episode was good in the dub....but the pignite plot point could have been left out completely. Only there for an excuse To still have ash and the group in the episode at all.

NPT

Just a member
I liked Mewoth and Colress's intractions, TR did the right thing this time. The Piginite plot gave some screentime to Ash and the others.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
So, counting Noctowl is descending form is enough to snap you out from the almighty mind control device? Weak. Colress needs to check his facts again.

Ah, Pignite! You finally realize you're the inferior Fire-type of the lot and you must evolve for the sake of becoming more powe-

*Seeds are blown out*

...Never mind. You suck, fire sumo pork. I would've expected Cilan to apologize at least, but he didn't.

N, you're supposed to say "Genesect". You still think it's heinous to do experiments, but mention the robo-bugs.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
I liked the episode. Team Rocket actually didn't look totally foolish, which was a nice change. I really like how Colress is so apathetic toward using the Pokemon and Team Plasma without caring what happens. It was cool to see Pignite and Charizard interact, but I wish that it was in different circumstances. It would have been a great way to evolve the pig, with him seeing how outclassed he is with Charizard. I thought that it was hilarious to see them both using their flamethrowers on Ash. Probably the highlight of that whole plot in my opinion.

In regard to N at the end of the episode... Are those the four Genesects from the next Pokemon movie? There was one shiny one and three normal ones, and I guess that that could be the P2 Lab!

SlimeStack

I liked this episode. It was basically a Team Rocket filler except different to any other.

"Serious" TR manage to be tolerable here and Colress was great as usual.

What's very funny is that I usually look forward to TR's irrelevant side stories, but now that Ash is doing that here I really wish he wasn't in this episode.

AceOfSpadez

I Am The Law
Wait, they honestly named Brad in the dub "Barrett"? What is up with these names? Angie and Brad were fine names, why change it to Aldith and Barrett? Ugh

You know Angie and Brad were puns on Angelina Jolie and Bradd Pitt, right?

AceOfSpadez

I Am The Law
This was probably one of the best episodes of the season. Sadly that's not saying much.

Yeah, I agree. Most of them are really good, mainly because this is a Team Plasma oriented series.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Yeah, I agree. Most of them are really good, mainly because this is a Team Plasma oriented series.

Kind of makes you imagine how good BW could have been as whole if they spread out the plasma plot through At least most or a lot more of the region, and had rocket be just like this the whole time. This is probably the most likable trio there has ever been besides the very beginning of os.

And that's a reason to change the names in the dub?

Not really, but as someone who grew up with the dub, I'm not in the least bit offended by the superficial things they change.

We've had so much worse happen to it, that it doesn't phase me that much.

I'm not a fan of the name Aldith, though. Reminds me of Mr. Sarkidarkis back in the Battle Frontier. What weird names.

matt0044

I'm not a fan of the name Aldith, though. Reminds me of Mr. Sarkidarkis back in the Battle Frontier. What weird names.

Well, we already have an Angie in the dub. Flint, Brock's Dad, is excusable since he was named before Diamond and Pearl were even though of.

Well, we already have an Angie in the dub. Flint, Brock's Dad, is excusable since he was named before Diamond and Pearl were even though of.

True. The blue haired girl who had a crush on Ash or something from DP, right?

Agreed. Flint was a decent name. I didn't mind the DP character by the same name, either.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This was a pretty good episode, though TR breaking Meowth's trance rather quickly seemed very anti-climatic. Also didn't like that bit with Pignite's nose being clogged with Bullet Seeds.

This was a pretty good episode, though TR breaking Meowth's trance rather quickly seemed very anti-climatic. Also didn't like that bit with Pignite's nose being clogged with Bullet Seeds.

They could have left Ash and his friends out entirely (minus the beginning when they see the white ruins) and instead could have made it harder for Meowth to break away from Colress' controling. :p

But anyways I really loved this episode. Team Rocket were just pros in this one (once again yay!) Tricking the plasma's to leave the hideout was smart. I love how James mentions that Team Rocket has been through Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh when Angie insults Team Rocket. Meowth looked really zombie-ish when he was being controled. I loved the fury swipes animations that they had too. Overall another epic episode that the writers have produced.

nuzamaki90

Was that the original episode's soundtrack I heard during this episode? It made me smile because I seriously thought they were gonna change the soundtrack.

Even the Genesect scene was kept in, that was a major surprise; I wonder if kids will be wondering why the Genesect made a cameo.

Last edited: