• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Meowth Rules! (098)

Leonhart

Imagineer
FullmetalJackie said:
An island full of Meowth worshipers was a fun idea and it reminded me of how Egyptians once worshiped cats in the ancient past. I wondered why the clan of Meowth worshipers even needed money from him since they seemed well off on their own in isolation

My best guess was that they often traded with other island communities to get things that they didn't have on their own island, so they needed actual currency to pay for commodities.

My favorite scene from this episode was when Meowth was almost going to die but Jessie and James saved him at the last minute by throwing their coins in the stadium to simulate Pay Day. I thought that Meowth should've just learned that attack for real since it would've fixed Team Rocket's money problems and given the tribe of Meowth worshipers the money that they wanted, but I thought that the solution was still really touching. 7/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
Firefo×Fennekin said:
I thought that Meowth should've just learned that attack for real since it would've fixed Team Rocket's money problems and given the tribe of Meowth worshipers the money that they wanted, but I thought that the solution was still really touching. 7/10

Nyasu probably didn't learn the attack because it would've solved the Rocket-dan trio's financial problems in the future, which the writers probably didn't want to do since the Rocket-dan trio being poor and having to do all kinds of side jobs was a recurring gag even at this point in the series.

"Wow, I have a lot of people to disappoint."
The cat people were very weird. I like how much Jessie and James cared for Meowth.