1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Meowth's missed potential

Discussion in 'Let's Go, Pikachu & Eevee' started by Lord Godwin, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Lord Godwin

Lord Godwin The Lord of Darkness

Just realized (due to the newest SwSh trailer) that Meowth works really well with Pikachu and Eevee. There were 2 great ways it could be implemented in Let's GO games:
    1.I could've easily been the 3rd Starter in Let's Go which could've been stolen by Jessie and James.
    2. It could be taken by the opposite gender Trainer and people could make theories that the SM/USUM protagonist's mother is the grown up Let's go Female Protagonist.

What are your thoughts? Would any of those options work out better for the story and lore?

AgentKallus likes this.
  2. RedBlastoise

RedBlastoise Well-Known Member

I sort of wish Meowth had been the mascot opposite of Pikachu. I know that Eevee's more popular compared to Meowth so it made more sense from a marketing stand-point to use Eevee, but I've always seen Meowth as Pikachu's counterpart.

3. Trainer Frankie

Trainer Frankie Nostalgia.

Those are interesting things that could have come out of meowth being the mascot, but doesn't work with the mom taking meowth as a starter since doesn't Surge's autograph make him the dad in USuMo? Also I know it can be overlooked but I don't want a rewrite to TR's meowth origin (I wish meowth talked though, as it is it could be a fan theory that Jessie and James are crazy thinking meowth can talk lol)

Tbh I have come to wish eevee just became the mascot of Pokémon. It is perfect since it can fit every trainer, much more so than pikachu

4. Emboar_Rulez

Emboar_Rulez Lost my profile picture when Ash beat Kukui

Meowth would’ve been better because like Pikachu they’re both in the anime and refuse to evolve plus they are both the most accuring Pokémon in the anime so it would work.

Lord Godwin likes this.