• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Meowth's Scrafty Tactics! (704)

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I do think that Meowth was sent to derail Ash and company now. He was way too nice and kissed their behinds way too much. That's not like Meowth. Remember when Ash, Dawn and Brock offered to help Meowth rescue Jessie and James from Team Galactic? Meowth was very reluctant but really appreciated them for it. Wait... now I don't know what to think.

I want it to go like this, he was really fired but will end up betraying the twerps when a critical moment arrives.

But it can also go like this.
Meowth wasn't fired, this is all part of the plan but at the end Meowth won't be able to go through with it due to bonding with the kids.

Or
Its all a trap and at the end Meowth goes back to TR.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Yup even though I think this is plan, I definetly think with time and maybe with the group treating him so well, Meowth will eventually(after going back to TR in the episode that covers the plan) save them in some situation and screws up the plan.

What that leads to I don't know but I definetly think that will eventually happen.

Last edited:

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
Nice. You know its really nice having the guts to voice my oponion on a huge forum with thousands of people on it and then being shot down quite rudely by another member when I'm new on here and don't know what the community is like with the members.

You think about the bigger picture before posting? That's silly, if you don't want to look like a new member you have to post post post until you rank up to Erika or something. GameFAQs has millions of users and 3 quarters of them are total eejits, so I can understand if you just came from there looking for a better place to discuss your views.

Livi

Memory Seeker
I wonder if he really got fired or it's just a part of Team Rocket's plan and he's going to betray Satoshi soon...

Umbreon9

It's been a while...
OH MAH GOD, Meowth JOINED THEM!!!
/thread
jk
Wow, can't wait to see how this turns out!!! Was it a plan? Could Meowth STAY with them?! Are these questions STUPID??!
I CAN'T WAIT TO FIND OUT!!!!!!!!! C:

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I wonder if he really got fired or it's just a part of Team Rocket's plan and he's going to betray Satoshi soon...

It's sad but maybe then it might teach Ash and his naive friends not to trust Team Rocket. Drunk or sober.

dman_dustin

There is an animated contradiction between the previous episode and this one.

At the end of the Don Battle Episode, Meowth said to "Leave it to me" he said this inside the Ferris Wheel.

However in Meowth's flashback he said "Leave it to me" he was in front of a Pokemon center.

I'm not sure if that means anything but it is interesting to note.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I assumed that was done in a diferent place and Meowth was saying it again, even though that was just a product of his imagination.

CupidKirby

What I liked about Meowth joining them this time is that it was actually believable. The over-dramatized flashback could've very well just been Meowth being himself. Although a vast majority of us would be more shocked if this wasn't a scheme since it's been happening for the past 13 years, the Pokemon writers could throw a curve ball and actually have Meowth join them and it wouldn't seem like a last-minute decision. Really, I don't know myself.

And Ash, we just never know what's going on in his head. You could argue that he completely trusts Meowth but I have a feeling that if Meowth turned on them and told them he was lying, Ash would be disgusted maybe but not shocked. He just kinda...sits back and smiles a lot now. I'm kind of suspicious as they only showed a shot of Ash and Pikachu's reaction to Meowth not wanting to be captured. Pikachu giving the ._. face while Ash just kind of shows a knowing one.

Anyway, as for the episode itself, it was alright. Way too much talking for my like, and it felt like Iris and Dent weren't really doing anything other than healing Meowth. Tepig's match was a nice bag of pwnage, but I would've preferred Tranquill.

Grei

not the color
Maybe I saw the pictures incorrectly, but was Scrafty using Incinerate vs. Tepig...? Or Counter or something?

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
I think its a plot... Meowth being so extra nice could mean that

Remmie

I guess it was pretty obvious that Meowth acting all nice was just part of TR schemes. I hope it was the last time that the writers bring something like that. Meowth teaming up with the trio for a short period and then betraying them is starting to get an old plot... Am I the only one thinking it?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I guess it was pretty obvious that Meowth acting all nice was just part of TR schemes. I hope it was the last time that the writers bring something like that. Meowth teaming up with the trio for a short period and then betraying them is starting to get an old plot... Am I the only one thinking it?

How is Meowth teaming with the trio to trick them an "old plot" when this is the first time in the series it ever happened?

Remmie

How is Meowth teaming with the trio to trick them an "old plot" when this is the first time in the series it ever happened?

When Meowth kind of joined the DP trio for 2 seconds before turning against them. I count this official. It didn't last an episode but still. I don't like when they repeat something again.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
When Meowth kind of joined the DP trio for 2 seconds before turning against them. I count this official. It didn't last an episode but still. I don't like when they repeat something again.

If you don't like when the writers repeat things I think you're watching the wrong anime.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan

Meh nah this was a completelly diferent thing, one thing is old episodes of TR breaking up and Meowth whining and then going back.

This one was a little arc, where he actually joined them willingly with a plan, its not old its new and to me was really enjoyable I loved his interactions while he was with the group, made the episodes funnier.

Plus repeating or making similar stuff, happens in every anime/manga if its a big anime, some stuff is bound to be repeated or similar, you just can't avoid it, you migth make an episode not even remembering the old one and at the end people will notice "oh its similar/repeat to that one" like Cyber does constantly, its not a bad thing its a natural thing.

We had a lot of pokemons evolving when protecting the group from TR for example and I don't see people annoyed saying that is a repetition.

Last edited:

matt0044

Whew! No rhyming or alliterating for Meowth in the dub. Though there's a hint of jive talk, the dialogue for Meowth is good by Pokemon standards.

SmartD

A good episode. The gang found Meowth without Jessie and James. He says he got kicked for ruining a mission. Meowth joins the group for a while and helps out throughout the episode. Iris tries to catch Meowth with a Poke Ball, but it fails.

Meanwhile, Jessie and James are making their move in Nimbasa.